R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMP17 begins  (Read 10310 times)

M Carter

Re: IMP17 begins
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2008, 07:22:07 AM »

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to partake this time around. Maybe next time...

Matt
Matt Carter
General Manager
Manhattan Sound Recording
www.manhattansoundrecording.com
(212) 564 8248

Rob Darling

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »

I submitted two versions.  

One was a last minute idea I had for a technical shift (putting a transient designer before a 33609 drum mult to shorten the duration of the hits and tighten the rhythm) that had kind of a subtle but real impact.  Of course it felt good since it was a new idea and sounded different. But I don't know that things you do at the last minute really match your instincts. The shorter duration has more snap, but in the morning, I don't know if it isn't missing the gel that the other did.  Or that anyone will notice or care.  I suppose in the real world, I'd let the mastering guy make the call and maybe do edits since there are probably sections that work better in the two forms.

Anyway, they are there.

rankus

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2008, 01:05:37 PM »

I'm out this time too... just too hectic this week.  Confused

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

ATOR

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »

Has something changed on the IMP prosoundweb server? CuteFTP keeps crashing when I try to download mixes and I get an error when I try to upload my mix.

I had no problems doing this on previous IMPs, with the exact same cuteFTP settings. (I skipped IMP16) Also downloading the IMP17 rar file went without a hitch.
Pieter Vincenten - ATORmastering

osumosan

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2008, 03:28:21 PM »

Will there be submission threads posted by the end of the day?

I don't want to not follow the guidelines this time.

Wink

Edit: I realized upon starting to listen to mixes that I need to know the intent of the mixes since I was listening to all of them from the standpoint of doing a regular IMP (which is the way I mixed) as opposed to comparing to the J mix.

j.hall

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 03:48:36 PM »

submit more then one if you want to.  hell, put a mix in all three threads if you have time to do that many mixes.

sorry for the delay guys, my day went a bit crazy on me this morning, i'm just now sitting down at my desk.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.