R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AtT 4050 mic - versatile studio mic?  (Read 10553 times)

rhfactor

Re: AtT 4050 mic - versatile studio mic?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 11:46:54 AM »

The AT 4050 is an excellent mic imo. It is considered by many to be a good workhorse/all around microphone.  I'm not sure that there is a difference between the AT4050 CM5 (which I own) and the new ones.  They may have dropped the CM5 part of the name but I've never seen or heard anything about AT changing or updating it.  The shockmount it comes with now is different.  I reserve the right to be wrong on this.

Stephen Payne

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »

Galil wrote on Fri, 28 March 2008 09:41

No processed cheese-food.  
Galil

I love that cheese-food stuff. And cool color too.

What no air mike should I get?? I've got $600.
Could shop /stretch for a KSM 44
or just buy a RE20 and lots of Mac and Cheese.
Need multi purpose vocal / instrument and No Air. Got plenty of those.
Steve

marcel

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »

rhfactor wrote on Sat, 03 May 2008 08:46

The AT 4050 is an excellent mic imo. It is considered by many to be a good workhorse/all around microphone.  I'm not sure that there is a difference between the AT4050 CM5 (which I own) and the new ones.  They may have dropped the CM5 part of the name but I've never seen or heard anything about AT changing or updating it.  The shockmount it comes with now is different.  I reserve the right to be wrong on this.

FWIW, I just borrowed one of the new ones from a shop and compared it with my CM5.  I could not get them to null on program material played out through one of my monitors...  

Not to say that a NOS CM5 would not null, mine was originally purchased second hand and has been heavily used (while never abused) by me for about 5 years now...

Not exactly scientific testing, but I know I'm probably not going to be able to pair that mic very easily.

Best, Marcel

Best, Marcel

Jack Schitt

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 01:33:24 PM »

marcel wrote on Tue, 06 May 2008 01:59

rhfactor wrote on Sat, 03 May 2008 08:46

FWIW, I just borrowed one of the new ones from a shop and compared it with my CM5.  I could not get them to null on program material played out through one of my monitors...  

Not to say that a NOS CM5 would not null, mine was originally purchased second hand and has been heavily used (while never abused) by me for about 5 years now...

Not exactly scientific testing, but I know I'm probably not going to be able to pair that mic very easily.

Best, Marcel

Thats not a very realistic. I doubt you will ever find two mics that will null. The specs on the materials used to make the mic are at VERY best +/- 5% and at that price range probably +/- 20% at best.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.