R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: Untitled.  (Read 98851 times)

studiojimi

Re: Untitled.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

i had enough of this place for one day.
CAZADOR RECORDING
STUDIOJIMI'S PSW SONG FORUM
MY MYSPACE
How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

J-Texas

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 11:24:25 PM »

Jessica,

I heard you say that taking the time to listen for God, without a preconception of how you should witness to others, has gotten you closer to Him. It's really hard to believe sometimes that we are ALL worth it to Him. He knows every second of our lives before we are born and it must frustrate the heck out of Him to give us free will. Just like any child... we learn things the hard way. That's why even a thief on the cross, within his last hours, can be saved. It's not "when", but just that you do it. No one is better than the other in His eyes.

It's funny. I used to try SO HARD to hear God. He didn't talk to me when "I" wanted Him to. I know now that it's because my heart wasn't there. I needed Him when I "needed" Him.

You can call it your conscious or whatever (put on your filter here and call it what you like)... I call it the Holy Spirit living inside of me. For me, it's a voice that is like my own, but nowhere close to it at the same time. It's what I think I would sound like if I lived my life the way I was meant to. Not everything "But" this one thing, I mean completely living Christ-Like. I can only strive for that and realize that I am broken, not perfect and need His grace. The voice I hear answers me in an instant. Before I even finish the thought. It is clear. It is always true (whether I know it right then or even choose not to accept it and find out it was right later). It happens when I ask with all of my heart for the answer. The direction. Ask and you shall receive... you bet. It's like being wrapped in a warm blanket and nothing can take it away.

Goodnight.
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

mgod

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 11:51:01 PM »

J-Texas wrote on Mon, 24 March 2008 20:02

Oh dude... you know I was playing. I was actually hoping for a picture to go along with it!

I recall someone not very long ago giving me a huge pile of crap about not capitalizing "the holy name of god". That's a very shiny mirror, or maybe its just highly reflective thin ice.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

studiojimi

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 12:30:40 AM »

mgod wrote on Mon, 24 March 2008 20:51

I recall someone not very long ago giving me a huge pile of crap about not capitalizing "the holy name of god". That's a very shiny mirror, or maybe its just highly reflective thin ice.

DS

so . . .

did you need a face clothe

or a cryin' towel?

get out of the pile.
CAZADOR RECORDING
MY MYSPACE

Jessica A. Engle

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 10:33:26 AM »

OK first of all, let NOONE say that Jessica doesn't totally dig Princess Bride.  I was just missing the Christopher Guest connection.  I'm caught up now.  

Second of all... Jason, I saw what you did there!  Dustin Hoffmann as Captain Hook.  Another great one!
  Laughing

Okay now for Nick:

Yes I think that's kind of the idea, altho' I admit it is hard to put into words, like you say.  God knows what he wants from me and knows what I need to hear, and will find a way to get me to hear it even if I stick my fingers in my ears and say LALALALA NO I CAN'T HEAR YOU.  But he does it from a place of love, not a place of fear or intimidation (tho' he has the power to do this if he wished).

If God spoke to me in that booming voice in the middle of the night,  I would be far too frightened to respond.  He knows the best way to speak to us is quietly, from within.  We can't handle how big God is, so he speaks in ways we can understand (sometimes!)

Jessica

PS Just 'cause my thread is untitled doesn't mean it doesn't have a subject!  So there  :

phantom309

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 10:42:36 AM »

Jessica A. Engle wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 08:33

If God spoke to me in that booming voice in the middle of the night,  I would be far too frightened to respond.  He knows the best way to speak to us is quietly, from within.  We can't handle how big God is, so he speaks in ways we can understand (sometimes!)

A kind of "thought adjuster"?
Those that can't get carried away, should be.
http://www.audities.org
http://www.mellotron.com
http://www.myspace.com/auditiesrecording
David T. Kean

Jessica A. Engle

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »

phantom309 wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 09:42

Jessica A. Engle wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 08:33

A kind of "thought adjuster"?

Perhaps in theory, but in practical application it is more of a "heart adjustment".

J

weepit

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »

I never quite understood how the faithful were so certain god is a "He"?  Is it because the stories were written by men?  Is He white too?

Or is there a god light switch as well?  Razz

weepit

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »

Jessica A. Engle wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 09:33

We can't handle how big God is, so he speaks in ways we can understand (sometimes!)

Are you certain He is that big?  Or are you perhaps fearful?  Might He have an armadillo stashed upon His personage?

studiojimi

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2008, 12:33:09 PM »

Jessica A. Engle wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 07:33

BIG AMEN

(which translates to I AGREE--bigTIME)

if His face appeared in the clouds we'd have a heart attack.
CAZADOR RECORDING
MY MYSPACE

J-Texas

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 01:08:21 PM »

weepit wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 11:26

I never quite understood how the faithful were so certain god is a "He"?  Is it because the stories were written by men?  Is He white too?

Or is there a god light switch as well?  Razz

Adam was formed in the likeness of God. Woman was made to be a companion to man... a perfect compliment.

I don't claim to know what He looks like... that's silly. Is He white? Come on... that's REALLY silly. What does that matter except to start an argument. But since you did... I would think that He could look Samoan if he wanted to. But, since Jesus was born in the Middle East... he probably wasn't light skinned with blond hair! IMO ONLY. I don't really think that's the message that's trying to be conveyed in the Bible. Everyone is equal in God's eyes... the race thing (judgment) is a product of HUMAN nature. Along with many other sins.

I'm now in Deuteronomy (starting from the beginning). Talk about God speaking to you in a cloud. God was with the Israelites every day. Right in front of them! In clouds, in fire. His chosen people STILL wanted more. So it really wouldn't matter if you could turn on CNN and see God. People would still deny Him. That's free will. All of that miracle stuff died with Jesus. The only way to the Father is through Him. There's nothing more. Everything was taken care of on the cross. Believe that, and you WILL see the most amazing miracle of all... a place prepared in Heaven for those who believe in Jesus... ETERNITY with God. WOW!

Even though I can't see God in a burning bush... I see Him all around me everyday. When my little boy says "Daddy" and hugs me and gives me a kiss... I see God. I see miracles happening in my life constantly. Is it dumb luck? I don't think it is. It's past coincidence... it's divine. Anyone who is reading this right now and can't relate to it. Well, do you have a void in your life. Everything is good, but you think it can be better? God is knocking at your door, all you have to do is invite Him in and I guarantee that you will see miracles happen.

Does that mean that when you become a Christian that you won't be tempted? That you won't go through dark times in your life? No. It means that it will be harder for you. Persecution, ridicule, temptation, and more. But God will not let you fall. He will be there even when you think He's not. He doesn't do things on YOUR schedule. You may never know "why". He sees the beginning from the end. You just have to listen, trust, and obey.

Nobody said that you can't have fun if you're a Christian. That's crazy. It's just a reminder that all things are permissible, but not all things are good for you. God doesn't want you killing yourself with bad things. That can be anything that doesn't make you feel alive. People think that they can't be themselves... I would argue that you're being more yourself than ever when you're not covering up your feelings with addictions or being a slave to expectations of others, being seduced by temptations.  

I hope you pray right now. Even if you've done it before and you think that God hasn't answered you.

I love you all. Jason
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

Jessica A. Engle

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 01:14:42 PM »

weepit wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 11:28

We can't handle how big God is, so he speaks in ways we can understand (sometimes!)

Are you certain He is that big?  Or are you perhaps fearful?  Might He have an armadillo stashed upon His personage?

Well, I am pretty certain of the first two parts.  I admit that the armadillo bit has me stumped!  But I am enjoying your questions!

I know of God's "size" by what I see, the experiences I have with him.  I don't really imagine he is a giant human but he could be if he wanted, I guess.   (Male, because as Jason said, God made Adam in his own image, so therefore he must resemble a man.  Plus it doesn't feel very convivial to refer to God as "it," so maybe "He" is just a concession to the limitations of human speech.)  

"He" can be present wherever he chooses, so in that essence he is "big".  Alternatively, God has existed for all of time, so in that way he is "big".  He is "big" in terms of what he can do (anything), and what he chooses not to do (abandon his children for all the horrible things we say and do).  

We can understand those things only in terms of our physical existence, which, in the grand scheme of the universe, is limited.  God not only understands them, but is them.  Perfectly.  There is no darkness about God, only light (good).  And that also, even at a conceptual level, is big.

Jessica

studiojimi

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 01:33:40 PM »

weepit wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 09:28

nope...sorry charlie

we are NOT created in a spirit of fear.

also when it comes to God . . ."SHE" transcends gender

we use the male pronoun as a default not as a define
CAZADOR RECORDING
MY MYSPACE

Barry Hufker

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »

Just to clarify a little bit so we don't get into dumb things such as "can God create a rock so big he can't lift it?"

God CAN'T do all things.  He can only do things within his nature.  For instance, God can not sin.  God can not lie.

God said "let us create man in OUR image".  This is an important distinction.  It recognizes the three persons making up one God.

It is funny to me that movies have the booming voice of God.  As Jessica says, God speaks in a whisper.  That's why you really have to strive to listen.  It is a whole new way of listening.

And I would agree, that in my experience as well as the experience of others posting here, that when God speaks it is a voice like my own but saying things I wouldn't have thought to have said.  It is not a voice I hear with my ears but a voice speaking in my mind.  Again one has to learn to listen for it.  And one shouldn't think this strange at all.  For instance Satan speaks to you in your mind as well.  That's when you're tempted to do something you know you shouldn't.  It is important to learn to discern spirits as even Satan uses scripture to tempt a person to sin.

PookyNMR

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »

studiojimi wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 11:33

we use the male pronoun as a default not as a define

That's not completely true.

I agree that scripture is not trying to define God as of any specific gender.  In fact, it appears that according to scripture, resurrected glorified people will also not have gender.

The male pronoun and referring to God as Father was of some significance to these ancient patriarchal societies.  Referring to God in male terminology carried numerous connotations which were helpful for people to understand the nature of God.

If for whatever reason (from world view philosophy to personal wounding from our own earthy fathers) we try to remove some of the 'Father' connotations from God's nature as found in scripture, we will lose many essential insights as to God's nature and character.
Nathan Rousu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.