R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: This guy seems legit... (not)  (Read 29764 times)

bslobodian

Re: This guy seems legit... (not)
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2008, 10:51:27 AM »

Lets not forget that:

Lost: NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION is probably LOST.

American Idol: NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION would probably win an all AMERICAN IDOL of mastering.

Dancing with the stars: NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION could very well end up re-mastering on air content of Dancing with the stars and sell it on Blu-ray.

NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION doesn't know yet if the credit will go to NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION.

Bernard Slobodian
smallmasteringstudio.com
(no pics yet, what should I do ?)

T. Mueller

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »

I'm just now getting my studio set up. Who has pics I can steal in the meantime?

Viitalahde

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2008, 11:39:58 AM »

T. Mueller wrote on Fri, 28 March 2008 15:13

I'm just now getting my studio set up. Who has pics I can steal in the meantime?

You can take mine from the website, but I recommend you to manipulate a Manley logo to every piece of equipment. If you have hair, I suggest you to put that on the photo too.
Jaakko Viitalähde
Virtalähde Mastering, Kuhmoinen/Finland
http://www.virtalahde.com
   http://www.facebook.com/pages/Helsinki-Finland/Virtalahde-Ma stering/278311633180

T. Mueller

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

Awesome.  Simply awesome.  I still have hair, for the time being.  And I'll make sure to advertise the worst of my equipment.  Like my Digi 003, my bad Alesis digital effects processor, and my horrible patchbay.

Oh, Brad--the check is being sent to "your tech" (in case we're not using his name) for the Custom BP EQ today.  Thanks again for your help.

And in case you don't know, my guess is that NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION doesn't have a Custom BP.  : )

Does anyone know if NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION has one?

Viitalahde

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »

I'm fairly sure that NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION only has a single-rubber-band EQ. I'm afraid he only processes one channel at a time.

NENAD GRACANIN of NENADAUDIO ONLINE AUDIO MASTERING & RESTORATION

Why the hell is this so funny?
Jaakko Viitalähde
Virtalähde Mastering, Kuhmoinen/Finland
http://www.virtalahde.com
   http://www.facebook.com/pages/Helsinki-Finland/Virtalahde-Ma stering/278311633180

Patrik T

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »

Viitalahde wrote on Fri, 28 March 2008 20:12

Why the hell is this so funny?

This is like watching a bunch of teenagers bully a retard.

I'm not defending that guy in any manner, but think about what kind of message you guys might send out regarding certain aspects of your own "nature".

There are indeed better ways to promote serious business than this, don't you think?

BR
Patrik

jdg

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

did u just call nenand retarded?

john mcCaig
-Mothery Earworks Clarifold Audipure

bblackwood

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

Patrik T wrote on Fri, 28 March 2008 17:30

I'm not defending that guy in any manner, but think about what kind of message you guys might send out regarding certain aspects of your own "nature".

I should hope one would see that we're sick and tired of lying, cheating, and stealing amongst internet abusers who cheapen what we do through their actions. If this guy were legitimate and we were piling on because we could, or because we didn't like him, or whatever, that would be a different story. But this is a case where we're doing the only thing we can to defend both what we do while making sure potential clients aren't scammed by this thief.

How you can equate that to something like 'watching a bunch of teenagers bully a retard' is beyond me, but you're welcome to your opinion, of course.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Larrchild

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »

To "Gozun" somebody was not invented here.
But it was perfected here for audio. Very Happy
It's all we have.

The Wild West of the 'net has no sheriffs. No BBB.
Malice aside, changing stolen pictures sort of sealed his fate, lol.

We can't ignore the humor in pathological misguidedness.
 index.php/fa/8327/0/
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

TotalSonic

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Fri, 28 March 2008 19:30

Patrik T wrote on Fri, 28 March 2008 17:30

I should hope one would see that we're sick and tired of lying, cheating, and stealing amongst internet abusers who cheapen what we do through their actions. If this guy were legitimate and we were piling on because we could, or because we didn't like him, or whatever, that would be a different story. But this is a case where we're doing the only thing we can to defend both what we do while making sure potential clients aren't scammed by this thief.

How you can equate that to something like 'watching a bunch of teenagers bully a retard' is beyond me, but you're welcome to your opinion, of course.

I've participated in this thread a good bit more than most, and it's been fun to make an example of yet one more internet based fraud - but I can understand Patrik's view in that the point has been made, and that the thread has pretty much run its course, so that maybe the time is now to move on and spend our time here actually discussing things that can make our own mastering better.

of course then again -

sorry - couldn't resist getting that in one last time... Twisted Evil

Best regards,
Steve Berson

mbruce333

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2008, 10:37:19 PM »

jdg wrote on Fri, 28 March 2008 15:59

did u just call nenand retarded?

LOL Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I was thinking the same thing!  Personally, I'm Ok with this guy getting a little grief for passing shit of that's not his...
Mike Bruce
myspace.com/auricleaudiomastering

zmix

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2008, 11:05:33 PM »

mbruce333 wrote on Fri, 28 March 2008 22:37

Personally, I'm Ok with this guy getting a little grief for passing shit of that's not his...

NENAD GRACANIN's been BUSTED for displaying gear he DOESN'T OWN under the EQUIPMENT tab of his web shite... which is damn unethical....

....and even after getting BUSTED for it he's simply substituted different photos showing more gear that isn't his.....

At the moment he's sporting a photo from 1989 claiming it is HIS CURRENT STUDIO...

It lowers the trustworthiness of the entire industry.

jfrigo

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »

It would be one thing if he got called on it and came clean, but it looks like he just keeps trying one falsehood after anotger hoping people will stop calling him on it. That's where I think this situation really goes beyond the pale.

One time you can give him the benefit of the doubt or at least a second chance; several in a row is a pattern of behavior that can't be ignored.

masterhse

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2008, 11:12:29 PM »

One of the things that saddens me is that some people judge the quality of mastering mainly through gear. Even if he has what the images represent would he be any good?

Personally I would hire an experienced ME with a Finalizer or stock plug-ins over a hack with the best gear.
Tom Volpicelli
The Mastering House Inc.
CD Mastering and Media Production Services

Thomas W. Bethel

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2008, 09:38:34 AM »

masterhse wrote on Sat, 29 March 2008 23:12

One of the things that saddens me is that some people judge the quality of mastering mainly through gear. Even if he has what the images represent would he be any good?

Personally I would hire an experienced ME with a Finalizer or stock plug-ins over a hack with the best gear.

But we still get calls asking what kind of gear we have. They have decreased but we still get the occasional call which goes like this...

"hi I would like to get some mastering done, I have it ready but before I bring it over I was wondering what equipment you use to master with" I list the equipment we have...."Oh I guess that is OK but my recording engineer says that if you don't have Pro Tools you aren't a professional studio" to which I say well what does your engineer use for his recording and mastering..."he uses Pro Tools he has a Digi 001 setup running on his Mac" Well we use Samplitude or Wavelab for our DAW and find it works better for mastering than ProTools..."well I guess I will look around for someone more professional" OK talk to you later...how about letting us have a go at the mastering and see if we can do what you want done with what we have..."OK maybe but my engineer is pretty set on finding someone with ProTools to do the mastering"

[He never called me back and I have to assume he found someone with the PROTOOLS he wanted]

or this...

"hi I would like to get some mastering done what are your rates" so I tell him what my rates are..."well I was thinking like $10 a song like I see on the web" well if that what you want to pay then I suggest you contact the person on the web..."but I understand from <insert name of satisfied client> that you do really good work and helped him a lot" What would you like me to do. Our rates are our rates and if you want something mastered here those are the rates..."well couldn't we talk about the rates more? I don't have any money since we are having our CD release party at <insert name of local club> and they are charging me a lot for the use of the room and the beverages and food" Well I guess you have to decide which is more important a blow out CD release party or getting you stuff professionally mastered..."but I want to do them both, how about $15 a song I have 15 songs so that would be $225 and I think I could afford that if you will wait for a couple of weeks after the mastering is done to get paid" I would love to help you but we charge what we charge and we are not a bank so we don't extent credit maybe you should have budgeted this expense before you decided to release the CD...buy the way when do you need this by?..."well the CD release party is in two weeks and we need to get the mastering done today or tomorrow" I wish I could help but I really can't do anything for you maybe the next time...I wish I could help you. Next time as you are mixing give me a call and we can listen to the mixes and see if there are any problems with them, we don't charge for this service and I think it would save you a lot of time later on in the mastering process...

[He has not called back or been in touch since this go around but rumor has it he did not have product at his CD release party and had to give people cards to fill out and he later sent the CDs when they arrived]

The above two examples are almost word for word from two phone calls received within the last two months.
-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.