R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tascam TDIF cables  (Read 2369 times)

wildplum

• Real Full Name: paul tumolo
Tascam TDIF cables
« on: May 20, 2004, 07:08:19 PM »

I have an Apogee DA 16 converter. I want to use it with TDIF cables. I have Tascam's Cable Up brand of cables. The cable connectors are too thick to fit on the DA 16 (two connector are mounter vertically and there is not enough space between connectors to allow two attached to the DA 16 at the same time).

Apogee support reports that the DA 16 was designed for Tascam's original cables, not the Cable Up variety. The connectors on the Cable Up cables are, apparently, thicker than the original. I am more than happy to solve my problem by buying new cables. But I can't find anyone still stocking the original cables- or anyone who stocks cables with connectors which fit the DA 16 spacing. Everyone stocks Cable Up.

Can someone please point me toward a supplier- or perhaps suggest a work around.

thanks.

-paul
Paul Tumolo

<a href="http://www.wildplum.org" target="_blank">Wildplum Recordings</a>

a micro label, studio and remote recording service

John Ivan

Re: Tascam TDIF cables
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 03:53:21 PM »

Ya know, I'm not sure but, you could try CBI cable. They will make you some from really good stuff but I would check with them about the width.
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

ssltech

Re: Tascam TDIF cables
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 10:18:59 AM »

I make my own... a coupla inexpensice D-sub 25 connectors and they are wired L/R mirror image... if in doubt, meter out your existing cable to see what I mean. There are some shields in there, since there are 8x75Ω signal coaxes (4 in, 4 out) so for longer runs they should really be multi-coax cables, but for short runs, you can get away with 25-conductor w/overall shield.

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 17 queries.