R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A P I 2500 Stereo buss compressor  (Read 6445 times)

C.Cash

A P I 2500 Stereo buss compressor
« on: March 14, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »

I have 2x 3124+ pres and love them.I need a compressor, I will  using it mostly  on bass and vocals and I guess stereo buss.
The API 2500 looks great, is this what I need?

Thanks,

Clifford.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Fletcher

Re: A P I 2500 Stereo buss compressor
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 08:10:10 AM »

It's tough to say if that's what you "need" or not... though I do think I would suggest a different unit for vocals and bass.  I've found the 2500 to be a really excellent and versatile 2 buss compressor... and I reckon it could work well for vocals without that being to much of a stretch... but for bass... I don't see anything replacing the Purple Audio MC-77 in my rack in the near future with the possible exception of the Purple Audio "Action" [500 series frame mountable] anytime in the near future.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

faganking

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 10:05:40 PM »

Hear, hear on the MC77 and Bass guitar.
Benjy King

http://www.benjyking.com

Phil Ramone quote: "If you can't get a good sound with a 57 and a Portastudio you're not going to get a good sound with a C-12 and a 3324."

Steve Hudson

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 03:36:20 PM »

Cliff, a unit I find flexible enough to use on all three applications you list would be the Crane Song STC-8. Not my first choice for vocals and bass but it does a nice job without too much coloration. It's great on mix bus and drum submix.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson

C.Cash

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:43:57 AM »

The 2500 is ordered(Mercenary). I'm gonna save up for a Lucas for my vocals and maybe bass. I have used a Summit TLA 50 on bass and it sounded O.K.
The Purple looks nice too.

Thank,

Clifford.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Steve Hudson

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:21:21 PM »

You will not be disappointed by taking this no-compromise path with the 2500 for 2-bus and something like the MC77 or Lucas for vocals, bass and everything else those units shine on.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.