R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: It's Official: Pentagon Says No Connection Between Suddam and Al Queda  (Read 7262 times)

Barry Hufker

Re: It's Official: Pentagon Says No Connection Between Suddam and Al Queda
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »

Brad makes a good point but certain things are worth saying.

I believe Bush and Cheney should not only be impeached, they should be brought before The Hague and tried for war crimes.

Let us reiterate in any posting that any execution of any person, no matter who, should be carried out only by the lawful authorities invested with this power.

EDIT: "Invested" should be "vested" in the above sentence.

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »

BUT WE LOVE OUR BELOVED LEADER!!!

LONG LIVE OUR DICTATOR!!! ( I mean, our president...)

oops...now I'm going straight to hell...

Really.

We laughed down in Mexico when Bush got "elected" to his second term. We said that the Americans FINALLY learned how to steal an election properly.

Cheers

(the above post is not a direct reflection of the posters' true beliefs, it if for entertainment purposes only)
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 03:54:12 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 11:03

I believe Bush and Cheney should not only be impeached, they should be brought before The Hague and tried for war crimes.

Let us reiterate in any posting that any execution of any person, no matter who, should be carried out only by the lawful authorities invested with this power.

Good News : you can intiate these proceedings here:

http://www.icj-cij.org/docket/index.php?p1=3&PHPSESSID=6 b293a23a89746d55b0c85daa4fa94fa

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

rnicklaus

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 05:57:48 PM »

http://blogs.abcnews.com/rapidreport/2008/03/pentagon-report .html

Pentagon Report on Saddam's Iraq Censored?

March 12, 2008 1:58 PM

ABC News' Jonathan Karl Reports: The Bush Administration apparently does not want a U.S. military study that found no direct connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda to get any attention.  This morning, the Pentagon cancelled plans to send out a press release announcing the report's release and will no longer make the report available online.

The report was to be posted on the Joint Forces Command website this afternoon, followed by a background briefing with the authors.  No more.  The report will be made available only to those who ask for it, and it will be sent via U.S. mail from Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Virginia.  

It won't be emailed to reporters and it won't be posted online.

Asked why the report would not be posted online and could not be emailed, the spokesman for Joint Forces Command said: "We're making the report available to anyone who wishes to have it, and we'll send it out via CD in the mail."

Another Pentagon official said initial press reports on the study made it "too politically sensitive."

ABC News obtained the comprehensive military study of Saddam Hussein's links to terrorism on Tuesday.  Read the report's executive summary HERE.

The study, which was due to be released Wednesday, found no "smoking gun" or any evidence of a direct connection between Saddam's Iraq and the al Qaeda terrorist organization.

The report is based on the analysis of some 600,000 official Iraqi documents seized by US forces after the invasion.  It is also based on thousands of hours of interrogations of former top officials in Saddam's government who are now in U.S. custody.

Others have reached the same conclusion, but no previous study has had access to so much information.  Further, this is the first official acknowledgement from the U.S. military that there is no evidence Saddam had ties to Al Qaeda.

The study does, however, show that Saddam Hussein did much to support terrorism in the Middle East and used terrorism "as a routine tool of state power."  Saddam's government, for example, had a program for the "development, construction, certification and training for car bombs and suicide vests in 1999 and 2000."   The U.S. military is still dealing with the fall-out from this particular program.

The report says Saddam's bureaucrats carefully recorded the regime's connections to Palestinian terrorists groups and its financial support for the families of suicide bombers.

The primary target, however, of Saddam's terror activities was not the United States, and not Israel.  "The predominant targets of Iraqi state terror operations were Iraqi citizens, both inside and outside of Iraq."  Saddam's primary aim was self preservation and the elimination of potential internal threats to his power.

Bush administration officials have made numerous attempts to link Saddam Hussein and the Al Qaeda terror group in their justification for waging war against Iraq.

"What I want to bring to your attention today is the potentially much more sinister nexus between Iraq and the Al Qaida terrorist network," former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell told the United Nations February 5, 2003.

On June 18, 2004 the Washington Post quoted President George W. Bush as saying: "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda: because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," Bush said.

"This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al Qaeda," The Washington Post quoted Bush as saying. "We did say there were numerous contacts between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda."

"We know he's out trying once again to produce nuclear weapons and we know that he has a long-standing relationship with various terrorist groups, including the al-Qaeda organization," Vice President Dick Cheney said on NBC's Meet The Press March 16, 2003.

"But the cost is far less than it will be if we get hit, for example, with a weapon that Saddam Hussein might provide to al-Qaeda, the cost to the United States of what happened on 9/11 with billions and billions of dollars and 3,000 lives. And the cost will be much greater in a future attack if the terrorists have access to the kinds of capabilities that Saddam Hussein has developed," Cheney said.

''There is no question but that there have been interactions between the Iraqi government, Iraqi officials and Al Qaeda operatives. They have occurred over a span of some 8 or 10 years to our knowledge. There are currently Al Qaeda in Iraq,'' former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said in a interview with Infinity CBS Radio, Nov. 14, 2002
R.N.

bblackwood

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 13:03

Thank you - that is my intention. I agree these criminals should be brought to jsutice and want my fellow Americans to demand such, but want folks to realize that talk that goes beyond that can lead to problems, especially under the current administration.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

J-Texas

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 07:18

J-Texas wrote on Tue, 11 March 2008 23:28

Who cares. He was killing a lot of innocent people. He was a ruthless dick-tater.

Really? How many? I want a number please.. How many other ruthless dictators who have their arms wrapped around a Nation State are we going to go to war with?

Also, since when was this OUR business? Why do you think it's OK to send our kids off to be killed based on the following analysis?

J-Texas wrote on Tue, 11 March 2008 23:28

Who cares. He was killing a lot of innocent people. He was a ruthless dick-tater.

J-Texas, when our young people join the armed forces they deserve our thanks. What they are pledging to do for our country is something I stand in awe of. They are to "Stand On The Wall".. This, they should be expected to do.The problem comes when people who think this is some kind of fucking game get hold of their marching orders..

In other words, you understand so little about the purpose and intended use of our military that you would have them off killing the leaders of China, North Korea,Iran, and a number of other "Who Cares" Countries..???

It's a good thing you're not running the Country.. Oh Shit!!$%^&* you ARE aren't you..Seriously, this George idiot had the same idea as you..

WHO CARES!!!

DUDE!

Don't get your fuzzy panties in a wad! I was merely saying that "who cares" that he didn't have weapons of mass destruction, he was picked up by us, and then his own country dealt with him.

I didn't say anything about going to war.

WHO CARES? I fucking care. Get it straight before you come at somebody.

Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

John Ivan

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 06:44:19 PM »

"I was merely saying"

Oh, well, ok then.. As long as the comment was MERELY what you said,, I guess..

Yikes..

Ivan..................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

MDM,

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 07:47:38 PM »

Bush and Cheney should get the death sentence, since they are responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths.

but they are above the law, and AMERICANS will never truly accept this..

americans are in love with the IDEA of being free, but they aren't as free as they think they are by a long shot..

tell an american that his president is screwing him and his kids out of a future, and will he react?

but we are all in the same boat..

too much TV, too much convenience, not enough participation.
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

J-Texas

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 07:55:34 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 17:44

"I was merely saying"

Yikes..

Ivan..................

Mere: adj. being nothing more than.

I was [adv./nothing more than] commenting on his being a ruthless dictator who killed innocent people and was hanged for it by his own countrymen.

I hope that is clear enough for you. I have no other way of simplifying it.

YIKES!
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

PRobb

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 08:03:36 PM »

J-Texas wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 19:55

"I was merely saying"

Yikes..

Ivan..................

I was [adv./nothing more than] commenting on his being a ruthless dictator who killed innocent people and was hanged for it by his own countrymen.

YIKES!

So you really think we invaded out our deep concern for the Iraqi people? That was the secret agenda behind the smokescreen of lies about WMD and nukes and 9/11 connections? Shocked
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

J-Texas

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »

PRobb wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 19:03

J-Texas wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 19:55

"I was merely saying"

Yikes..

Ivan..................

YIKES!

So you really think we invaded out our deep concern for the Iraqi people? That was the secret agenda behind the smokescreen of lies about WMD and nukes and 9/11 connections? Shocked

GUYS!!!!! STOP. READING. INTO. WHAT. I. AM. SAYING!

He was ruthless. He was captured. He is dead. A whole country is better for it.

PERIOD.

MERELY a side note.

I appreciate that you two are apparently VERY passionate about the state of the union and the "goings on" in the world. You don't have to use EVERY topic, reply and rebuttal to grandstand on your political soapbox. It's a bore. If you're trying to stifle any objections to your personal agenda... well, it's beginning to work for me.
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

Jon Hodgson

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »

J-Texas wrote on Thu, 13 March 2008 00:17

GUYS!!!!! STOP. READING. INTO. WHAT. I. AM. SAYING!

If you don't want people to read things into what you say, you might try considering the obvious conclusions that people would deduce from your choice of words in the context of the thread in which they appear.

The thread was about how one of the pretexts for the had been shown to be completely false. When you then say "who cares? he was killing a lot of people" it seems reasonable to deduce that you are saying who cares that you went to war under false pretexts because removing said ruthless dictator was far more important that your admnistration misleading your country and starting a war that has cost thousands of American lives (and ruined many more) and countless Iraqi lives.

If this is what you meant, then people's reaction to your post is reasonable. If it isn't what you meant, then try improving your use of the English language to express your meanings, rather than getting upset with people.
J-Texas wrote on Thu, 13 March 2008 00:17

He was ruthless. He was captured. He is dead. A whole country is better for it.

PERIOD.

Except that in the process of removing him at least three countries have been made worse off in so many ways... the USA, the UK and Iraq.

maxim

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 10:30:29 PM »

add australia to that list...

J-Texas

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 01:10:33 AM »

Jon Hodgson wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 20:25

If you don't want people to read things into what you say, you might try considering the obvious conclusions that people would deduce from your choice of words in the context of the thread in which they appear.

Clear. Concise. I acknowledge your position and promise to weigh it carefully.

Thank you.
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 01:41:10 AM »

Legrande Matinbois wrote on Wed, 12 March 2008 20:40

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv

Very interesting clip, and for me certainly shows that not everything is always as black and white as I sometimes imagine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.