R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old ECM8000 Price?  (Read 1876 times)

smykes

Old ECM8000 Price?
« on: May 25, 2004, 09:56:32 AM »

Does anyone know where you can still get Behringer ECM8000's for $35.00?  Everywhere I seem to look now has them for the new price of approximately $50.00.  Not a huge difference but for me that's another XLR cable or half a boom stand.

josh

Re: Old ECM8000 Price?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 11:30:07 AM »

smykes wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 14:56

Does anyone know where you can still get Behringer ECM8000's for $35.00?  Everywhere I seem to look now has them for the new price of approximately $50.00.  Not a huge difference but for me that's another XLR cable or half a boom stand.

FWIW that's a whole boom stand or 5 XLR cables...

I recently bought a 6-pack of real decent "On Stage Stands" tripod boom stands with a case from Musician's Friend for $99...  that's about $17 ea.

At the same time I bought 10 of their $2.99 20-foot XLR cables.  They work fine, sound fine, and cost three bucks.

FWIW even at $50 I think the ECM8000 is a great value.  Dunno why they jacked the price up.  

smykes

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 04:46:34 PM »

I was referring to the $15 price difference being the cost of a cable or half a boom stnad for me.  I think the main reason the price went up is because Behringer realized they could charge more.   Rolling Eyes

cominginsecond

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 05:35:46 PM »

That's capitalism for ya!

Family Hoof

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 03:57:52 AM »

josh wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 11:30

I recently bought a 6-pack of real decent "On Stage Stands" tripod boom stands with a case from Musician's Friend for $99...  that's about $17 ea.

I got the same thing a few years ago. They suck! Only one of two have survived in tact. On the rest, the cranks (where it booms) stopped working almost imediately and I was no abusing them in any way. One broke apart on its own. I've found that you need to tape down the metal handle otherwise it rattles.

Mic stands are so annoying. You get the cheap ones, they suck and brake. You get the intermediate stuff such as AKG and it's still the same design. You put out big $ for the good stuff (Quiklock, K&M, Atlas) and you feel ripped off because that money could've gone towards something more substantiating like new mics instead of hardware which you're going to take for granted.

As for the ECM8000, I could've sworn they were $40 not too long ago. This is what they went up to from the $35 at least two years ago if I remember correct.
~Jens J.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 18 queries.