R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secrets of the Pro's  (Read 68291 times)

compasspnt

Re: Secrets of the Pro's
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »

Miss you P.

dcollins

« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Mon, 07 April 2008 04:48

Miss you P.

As soon as we see a PP post just quote the whole thing back.  For "posterity."

DC

compasspnt

« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2008, 12:09:50 AM »

I have done that, more than once.

i dig music

« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2008, 01:29:51 AM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like there is a lot of puckering up going on around here where PP is concerned.
I to have enjoyed his extrapolations, but at times questioned his writing "style" and implications. I have been told to "read between the lines" of PP, which is quite funny when you think about it.

And yes, I have seen others, besides myself, question and wonder about PP's eccentric ways and demeanor, but with absolutely know reference or knowledge to where or why his musings exist..... or come from, how should one who is not vetted respond............. when they are feeling indifferent?

This is unfair to basic forum decorum, and I find it quite amazing that the "many" would like to blame the "few"........ and for what? If anyone here, known or unknown, began to delete their entire post body every time they get upset due to a difference of opinion, or because their content or thought process was challenged, they'd be banned in a blink of an eye for that sort of continuous behavior.

I understand there are times and reasons ones privacy needs to be protected, but if your going to step out into the real world, don't expect anyone, to NOT question words and opinions which are hidden behind a mysterious visage. Plus, as Bill M. recently suggested in a post on another thread to a new member, the original idea of this forum was to use your real name to avoid bullshit like this.

But, if the moderators conclude some are exempt from the rules, we can certainly respect their judgement because of what they offer and contribute to this forum, and because of who they are and what we know of them. I just feel that the special privileges of anonymity, makes it to easy for anyone to feel emboldened or entitled. Sorry if this offends anyone, it is not my intention at all, but I do feel that it pertains.
R. Steele

studiojimi

« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2008, 01:58:44 AM »

PP PP PP  here a p there a p everywhere a PP

Aren't you glad you picked up on this pre-freshened perfectly primed post, a plenty low priced but piss-powerful, pretty pack o' pretentious pulp to pulverize your passionate potential precisely programmed and peppered for your preoccupied perception?  
CAZADOR RECORDING
STUDIOJIMI'S PSW SONG FORUM
MY MYSPACE
How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

Bill Mueller

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2008, 09:19:43 AM »

Hello Randy,

There have been a couple of people on Whatever Works that the moderators have chosen to allow to hide their real names. At the moment Bigaudioblowhard is the only one that I know of. As far as I know, PP is Peter Poyser. We have known Peter for many years on Terry's forums, GM's Reason in Audio and other forums before that. So he is not unknown.

I'm sure that you would agree that the vast majority of forum posts, even on Whatever Works, are just casual comments, with little research and factual foundation. They are OPINIONS. As far as that goes, it is ok. Others are infantile blabbering, like studiojimi's post below, designed just for school yard taunting. Useless in an attempted exchange between adults.

However, (and I try hard to contribute when possible) some people are here to actually exchange KNOWLEDGE. Peter was one of them. I could actually LEARN SOMETHING reading his posts. Yes, he appears eccentric and opinionated, but he always contributed knowledge and most times deep wisdom.

Now, the last series of exchanges on this forum were really unfortunate. Unfortunate for everyone, because some of my favorite forum members got into pissing matches unnecessarily. Peter too, became mean spirited and could have backed out but chose not to.

I really do hope he comes back and contributes more. I'm not done learning.

Best Regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

MagnetoSound

« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2008, 09:39:13 AM »

As the person who sparked the row in this thread, I feel compelled to speak up at this point - and to say that I am feeling rather uncomfortable at the present state of affairs.

It is, as Jon points out, interesting that Peter's posts began to disappear a while ago. I noticed it too - a process which seemed to start with the oldest first and then work forwards in time to the most recent. In fact, he was still posting on some topics as these deletions were taking place! Therefore, as Jon suggests, this seems to be a premeditated act on Peter's behalf.

Now, if the fact that Peter has decided to remove all of his content from this site is, indeed, due to the skirmish that has taken place in this thread - then perhaps this act is nothing more than a petulant display of pique, procured to protract personal patronage and promulgate persecution.

Or, just maybe, he feels that his pearls of wisdom have been cast before (one or two) swine.

I am willing to bet that it is neither.

While I fully support Jon's comments regarding Peter's inability to get his humour across, I do not feel that Peter is by any means a vindictive person by nature - rather, that he is in fact a little too susceptible to taking any criticism of his communication skills too much to heart.

I will state for the record that I too have found Peter's contributions, in general, very enjoyable reading and immensely informative - not only in areas in which I may have little or no experience (his recent contribution on conducting in the arrangement thread, for example), but also in those areas in which I feel experienced enough to express an opinion (the pop shield thread, where we happened to find ourselves in some agreement) - and I will be one of those who will miss them if they do not return.

I am not one of those who takes exception to somebody's writing style purely for the sake of it, or because I find it difficult reading.

My original post in this thread (it is still there if you wish to find it) was intended to be nothing more than a mildly ironic criticism of Peter's first post, which I felt was unnecessarily unkind towards another individual - something for which I have no time, and no stomach. I also wanted to highlight the difference in tone between his post and every other, and the fact that it completely altered the tone of the entire thread thereafter.

Peter subsequently claimed that I had missed the irony in it. Perhaps I did, but no more than he missed the irony in my initial post, too.

All I did was to call it a pompous post.

There was no personal criticism attached - I did not call him, for example, 'a pompous man'.

And had I not received a tirade of personal invective in retaliation, the matter would have blown over quite easily, and with a minimum of disturbance.

While this, and later retorts, may have been made with some attempt at humour, I - and others - did not find it discernable, and this point has been made well by Jon.

I sincerely hope that Peter will return to this forum and that, when he does, this minor shortcoming in his truly tremendous writing style will have been given some consideration.

I trust that he will.

Best regards to all,

Dan

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

studiojimi

« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »

anyone who digs the contribution of the Carpenters as much as i do

is a cool cat in my book

i hope he returns and drops some more love on us.

and i wish he received PMs as i'd love to talk to the cat.
CAZADOR RECORDING
STUDIOJIMI'S PSW SONG FORUM
MY MYSPACE
How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

ssltech

« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2008, 04:29:03 PM »

Jimi,

Nobody's keeping you from talking to the cat.

Meanwhile, I'll see if I can talk Peter into accepting PM's.

Very Happy

Keef
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.