R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A fellow engineer needs your help.  (Read 11984 times)

TotalSonic

Re: A fellow engineer needs your help.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 04:20:19 PM »

So - the benefit show was an amazing success with it being completely sold out!  

Really nice job from the sound guys - especially with dealing so many different acts and players.  The Highline has a really nice sounding PA & room so well worth checking out shows there  - definitely one of the nicer mid-sized venues in NYC now.

Awesome performances by John Scofield playing straight blues, John Medeski & Billy Martin of MMW who sat in with a lot of the groups that night, Bill Laswell putting in some serious deep dub bass, surprise appearance by Bernie Worrell from P-Funk, DJ Logic & DJ Olive providing some electronica, Antibalas tearing up the afro-beat grooves to end the night, Sex Mob featuring the amazing Steve Bernstein on the slide trumpet, and a bunch of folks playing an amazing instrumental Led Zep medley that got everyone rocking.

Really though the nicest thing was seeing the musicians/engineer communities banding together for a fellow in need.  

Hopefully this will be the first of many benefits - check out http://www.scottyhardtrust.com for further news or to make a donation.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

turtletone

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »

I have a hangover.

It was AWESOME!!!!

I was stuck in the balcony with the video camera and a constant supply of beers, so I didn't really get to visit with anyone. I do know how much my bladder can hold now though.

It was packed to the gills and I felt bad that there were about 100 people outside in the rain trying to get in. From what I was told, the place can hold 1000 people, I think 500 of them bumped into my tripod.

Right around Antibalas, I switch to vodka and tonics so everything is a bit blurry after that.

Maybe I can post some excerpts of the show in a couple of weeks.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
info@turtletonestudio.com
www.turtletonestudio.com

bblackwood

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »

Excellent, glad to hear is was a great success!

Don't stop giving folks, every little bit helps and this could be a long hall for Scott...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

turtletone

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 06:08:46 PM »

Joel Hamilton, an engineer and friend of Scott's at G room studio has signed up for the scooter cannonball run from san fran to delaware and will be looking for donations or sponsors to raise money for Scott. His goal is to raise $10,000 by racing a 25hp scooter across the country against hundreds of others. He's nuts but it's for a good cause. As soon as he sets up the page, I'll post it here.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

TotalSonic

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 06:18:47 PM »

TurtleTone wrote on Thu, 20 March 2008 18:08

Joel Hamilton, an engineer and friend of Scott's at G room studio has signed up for the scooter cannonball run from san fran to delaware and will be looking for donations or sponsors to raise money for Scott. His goal is to raise $10,000 by racing a 25hp scooter cross country against hundreds of others. He's nuts but it's for a good cause. As soon as he sets up the page, I'll post it here.

Joel is awesome - cool thing to do.

Sorry I missed you at the show - I was up in the front left of stage most of the night - but I did get to run into organist Adrian Hibbs - who's EP Scotty recorded and I mastered - who told me that he had visited Scott a few times in the hospital and that his spirits remain high despite the enormity of the situation.

Anyway - for those not familiar with Scott's work a nice vid of him doing a dub mix for the excellent Luz Mob is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUMC1jZ-UbA

Best regards,
Steve Berson

willowhaus

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »

Wow. I got a "regular job" a few years ago, just to get out of that boat. (I have 3 small kids, insurance is a must!) It saddens my heart to hear this, even though I don't know Scotty. Crying or Very Sad

Don't have much right now, but I dropped something in the bucket myself. God Bless y'all for looking out for one of us, and God Bless Scotty & his family too.

Christopher Kemp
Roanoke, VA

turtletone

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »

For you Canadians, There is a benefit concert this thursday in Vancouver. Here's the info

http://www.hardstockforscottyhard.org/

Come and enjoy a GREAT night of music. Check out the link, it's quite the lineup.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

turtletone

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »

To Friends of Scotty Hard:

Hard Folks Benefit For Scotty Hard

TLAB w/Michael Blake & Steve Ulrich
Chris Brown & Kate Fenner w/Tony Scherr
Brad Roberts
Not Waving But Drowning
Gachupin
Reverend Vince Anderson
Brooklyn Boogaloo Blowout w/Leah Siegal

100% ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE SCOTTY HARD TRUST
SATURDAY MAY 10, 2008

The Living Room NYC

154 Ludlow Street (between Stanton and Rivington) 212-533-7235

Door Charge: $20 suggested donation

To purchase tickets in advance online click on below link.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=lo adSelectionData&eventId=265698
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

turtletone

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »

Joel Hamilton is riding a vespa coast to coast to raise money for Scott. here's a link to the website.

http://www.vespacoast2coast.com/

thanks
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

lagerfeldt

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 09:35:32 AM »

Donated.

What a terrible thing.

I think we really need to show solidarity.

Haven't posted here in a long while.

Chris Ilett

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »

Any updates on this?

Chris

turtletone

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »

Yep, Update.

I went and visited Scott last week at the rehab place up in the Bronx. He's mobile now and getting around on his own. He works out multiple times a day in the weight room and his arms are beefing up. Because the injury was in the middle of his back, he at first had a hard time sitting up on his own without a back brace, but now he's able to sit up and has some muscle control in his back  without the need for a brace. This has really allowed him to get around under his own power in a wheel chair. His spirits are good, and he's REALLY looking forward to getting released from the rehab facility. If everything continues in this direction, we can look forward to him getting back to work by the end of the year. Of coarse there will be new hurdles to overcome but he's up for the challenge and forging ahead. Scott and Tom are relocating the studio to a wheel chair friendly place and the hammering has begun. I signed up to do some soldering because I didn't want to hurt anyone with a hammer.

There is still a very big need for funds and benefits are ongoing. It's mind blowing how much basic treatment of this nature costs. Don't forget Joel Hamilton's vespa canon ball ride to raise money later this year.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

bigaudioblowhard

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 05:56:11 PM »

My friend just attended a "Hard Supper" in Vancouver, ate wonderful food and met interesting people. I understand there'll be one in LA this fall, watch out.

bab

bblackwood

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »

Hey Mike (or anyone else) - can you give us an update on how Scott is doing?
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

turtletone

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 08:26:01 AM »

Scott is doing well. He's out of the hospital and in an apt now. He's getting around well, all that weight lifting is paying off. Scott and Tom negotiated with their landlord to move the studio to the ground floor in another building. It's slow going because they are doing the work by themselves with the help of others. They are hoping to be up and running (mostly) by the beginning of next year. He's anxious to get back to work. But his spirits are high and it's hard not to be inspired by his motivation and determination. Benefits are still ongoing to help offset some of the staggering costs that are still there. While he is out of the hospital, he's still not 100% independent yet.

Joel Hamilton finished in second place in the scooter cannon ball run across the country. He would have finished in first but he crashed and had to piece together another scooter. I'm sure his butt still aches from sitting on the sucker. But he raised a good chunk of money thanks to many who sponsored and donated to the cause.

I hope to visit Scott in the next couple of weeks so I'll get an update and let everyone know.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.