R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An International Audio Database: Wouldn't that be something?  (Read 3785 times)

PaulyD

An International Audio Database: Wouldn't that be something?
« on: February 22, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »

Not so long ago, I happened to talk to a Hollywood actor whose career has since taken off, and he was saying that IMDb had become so authoritative that when reading for tv or movie parts, casting directors no longer bothered with resumes or show reels unless one wasn't already listed in IMDb. He said they literally sit there with a laptop and wireless internet connection and look actors and actresses up right there in IMDb when they give their name.

Now, I know there are some audio engineers, composers, etc listed in IMDb, but wouldn't it be cool if there were something like this just for audio? Y'know like IADb (The International Audio Database)?

So much of what has been posted to these PSW forums should be organized and documented. I don't want the world to forget people like John Stephens, Robert Moog, Bill Putnam, Chuck Britz, Alan Blumlein, F. Alton Everest, etc, etc.

And yes, all the hard-working and still-with-us audio folk should be listed, too!

I know similar things have been attempted before with discographies and such that have met with limited success. I know it would be a very ambitious undertaking, but I think an IADb would just be so cool.

Not sure who this post is even aimed at, but I just had to tell someone...

Paul

Tomas Danko

Re: An International Audio Database: Wouldn't that be something?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:56:58 AM »

There's the allmusic.com although from what I've found it's very inaccurate. My work is not in there, and the one credit I get is totally wrong because I've never done it.

cddb.com is another source, btw, albeit not as detailed.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

KAyo

Re: An International Audio Database: Wouldn't that be something?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 05:56:50 PM »

Yup. That's right.
www.allmusic.com, is all that i know, regards to a database on audio stuff.

Kayo
http://www.Kantabiz.com
Business Video Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.