R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moniter Amp Advice  (Read 2098 times)

sammz

Moniter Amp Advice
« on: May 15, 2004, 11:01:24 PM »

Hi Folks,

I have a pair of the KRK Rokits , These are rated at 75 watts 8 Ohm Impedence . I am looking for a powere amp to match . I was thinking the Alesis RA150 75Watt . Would this amp be the correct match for my KRKs ? Thanks for your advice  Smile

"...By our own act we were drained of morality,of violation,of responsibility,like dead leaves in the wind..." -T E Lawrence

hargerst

Re: Moniter Amp Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 11:04:53 PM »

sammz wrote on Sat, 15 May 2004 22:01

Hi Folks,

I have a pair of the KRK Rokits , These are rated at 75 watts 8 Ohm Impedence . I am looking for a powere amp to match . I was thinking the Alesis RA150 75Watt . Would this amp be the correct match for my KRKs ? Thanks for your advice  Smile

I would look for a Hafler in that power range.  I would not get the Alesis RA150.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

sammz

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 12:45:40 AM »

Thanks for the quick response Harvey . It looks like the Hafler TA1600 will fit the bill 60 watts/channel @ 8 Ohms . I should be able to pick one up for around $250.00 .
"...By our own act we were drained of morality,of violation,of responsibility,like dead leaves in the wind..." -T E Lawrence

RdKAudio

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 02:16:02 AM »

I think you need more power than 60watts per channel.Headroom is very important. More speakers are damaged my underpowered amps than my overpowered ones. I always try to at least double the rating ( in your case a Hafler P3000 delivering 150watts per channel would work fine). Unfortunately that also means doubling the cost !

Ruairi Kilcullen

Bill Park

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 07:16:38 AM »

I'd be looking for a 200 watt per channel amp, minimum.  Headroom.  You'll fry the tweeteres if you don't have an amp that can deliver clean power for high-demand transients at normal listening levels.  

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.