R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tascam M216?  (Read 7270 times)

Trumpetman2

Tascam M216?
« on: May 14, 2004, 01:21:05 PM »

Shocked  Guys:  Any experience with an old (vintage) Tascam M216 mixer?  I can get one at a good price, but won't if it sucks....it looks real good, but...is it really good, say as compared to a modern Mackie or A&H Mixwizzard?

nick

Re: Tascam M216?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 11:38:13 PM »

Did y9u ever find out about the taskcam 216 ? I want to get one myself. Are they good? good signal to Noise ratio
??

boheme6

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 11:42:45 PM »

I have one that I'm about to get rid of if anyone wants it - PM me.
It's pretty much mint - original owner, non-smoking home studio, etc.
(sorry if this is the wrong place for this)
"-)

Bloodspoint

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 05:48:30 PM »

Trumpetman2 wrote on Fri, 14 May 2004 13:21

Shocked  Guys:  Any experience with an old (vintage) Tascam M216 mixer?  I can get one at a good price, but won't if it sucks....it looks real good, but...is it really good, say as compared to a modern Mackie or A&H Mixwizzard?

Don't know if you're still looking or not. I used to use and still have an M208 (two of them, actually), the 8 channel version of the 216. It was okay. Drawbacks compared to today's mixers are no phantom power, only 4 buses, RCA I/O on the group outs, sends and tape returns. Also the foldback is kind of "dead" sounding if that matters, and the routing is nowhere near as flexible as my Mackie 8-bus (which I also don't use any more but still have sitting around) or even the later Tascam M-2516 (which I don't use any more, either - I gotta sell some of this stuff!).
Anyway, if you just need a front end for something, it's okay. I had it mated up to my Tascam 38, and I don't remember it being especially good or bad. I certainly wouldn't pay much for one. I still have the specs and manuals for the 208 if you need any numbers.

Sean
Bloodspoint Studio
http://www.bloodspoint.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 16 queries.