R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: If you want a Democratic president, don't vote for Hillary.  (Read 13658 times)

J.J. Blair

If you want a Democratic president, don't vote for Hillary.
« on: February 06, 2008, 02:16:55 AM »

Seriously.  The GOP base is going to be very blas
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

John Ivan

Re: If you want a Democratic president, don't vote for Hillary.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 05:21:44 AM »

Yeah, but their numbers are way down.. Democrats will show up in overwhelming numbers this time.. Some Republicans will feel they are above showing up this time.. I think Clinton and Obama both could win with record numbers.

I'm saying that Clinton will win in a land slide like we've never seen.. So could Obama.

Edit: I thought I might ad that many so called conservatives have stated repeatedly over the last week that they would be better off letting the Democratic party win so they can have time to rebuild their INSANE neo-con party.. They are running out of Cool aide drinkers at this point.

This means that life has slapped them up side their head, {the cool aide drinkers I mean} and this thin layer of "Moral Values" they've been talked into believing they have isn't as important to them as all the body bags coming in from Iraq and an economy that's about to kick their ass, bad. Many of the people who blindly supported the neo-con big business ultra right wing evangelical movement are discovering that it's a bunch of bull shit. They suddenly have real things to deal with, instead of simply being afraid of "Liberal Thinking" ..

I just don't see how the republican party can win.. ALL they are saying is "THESE BAD BROWN PEOPLE WANT TO KILL US.." It's simply not working this time. Really, I've seen the debates and read many position papers from the right.. I'm not just being a prick. They really have nothing to say, at ALL. I'm amazed.

My 2 cents..

Ivan................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Larrchild

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 06:39:04 AM »

You are right, JJ. Hillary will get the GOP to the polls in wheelchairs and walkers. I'm Baracking Obama. He might be ready on day 7, but it will take a week to get the stink out of that White House anyway.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

Barry Hufker

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:29:27 AM »

Dems are "blessed" with two candidates they find very strong (I've already stated my views on this).  Their problem is deciding between Clinton and Obama.  The Republicans hate each and every one of their candidates.  Eats fun to watch them eat their own.

Because the Republican Party hates John McCain, it is very likely the delegates will abandon him in favor of Romney.  Romney has so many strikes against him it will be hard to make a serious run.

Remember the REPUBLICAN mantra: Republicans win only when fewer people come to vote.  That's why they work so hard to disenfranchise voters.

If Hilary runs, this time she'll be teflon.  Everything and anything they could throw at her has been done and she's come through it all.  I'm not worried about Republicans rising from the dead to defeat Hilary.

ssltech

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »

Today I switched to AM talk radio for the drive in to work. -Every so often I do this to get the view from the 'other side' as it were. -Of course it's pledge-drive week on our local NPR station, and -since we're already paid-up for the year- it kinda bugs me, so it's a good time to listen to AM and miss less 'news'.

Shocked Holy fizzing, festering rancor, Batman!!! Shocked

-And yes, I AM a little worried that the Republicans can unite against a common foe. -The talk radio presenter phrased it thus to one caller:

'If the question is what Republican candidate would I like in the white house, the answer is Mitt Romney over John McCain by a HUGE margin. -If the question is Do I fear a Clinton presidency over a McCain Presidency, I am TERRIFIED of a Clinton presidency, and would do everything I can to prevent one.'

My unvoiced (thus far) self-formed impressions are almost entirely in line with JJ's, and I formed them from listening to a couple of ex-Marine (die-hard Republican) band mates chatting over beers every sunday evening after rehearsal, for th elast couple of years. -NOTHING will motivate them to get behind a single candidate more than stopping Hillary, and they've clinked glasses and said "Amen to that, Brutha" with great vigor and determination.

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

Jay Kadis

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:15:01 AM »

On the other hand, perhaps the average voter has had enough of the Republican domination of Washington and will be willing to put ANYONE else in the White House.  

Big mouths don't necessarily translate into big votes.

PRobb

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »

I think Hillary can win, but the landslide possibilities are with Obama. If Hillary runs, a whole lot of moderates and independents are McCain's by default so he can work to shore up the right wing base. If it's Obama, the whole center is in play. That leaves McCain with a very tough choice.  The harder he plays for the center the more he alienates the right, and vice versa. He could easily try to split the difference and lose both.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Jay Kadis

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »

Suppose McCain teams up with Condolleeza.  That would level the playing field, wouldn't it?

ssltech

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »

Holy frack!!!

So the radio was still tuned to AM talk radio when I drove to get a munch just after noon... Right when it was being reported Romney announced he was pulling out.

All they could do was talk about how this gives the party a chance to unite against Hillary...

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

George_

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 04:45:40 PM »

guys, I will be shot for this (or JJ takes a plane with his submixing-desk shotgun and have a short visit at my house) but your whole system has some problems..

it doesn't matter who will become the next president... remember the dead-presidents, that wanted to change something.

JJ.. it's not hillary. the problem is way deeper.. but you don't see the big picture because you are living in the US.

this is not my problem, but I'm glad I'm out of this shit. it looks more like carneval or a bad hollywood-movie rather than a serious election.

cheers

some additionals:
did you ever thought about who is borrowing the US money for their depth? did you ever thought about who earns the interest of this money?
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

Barry Hufker

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »

I agree the election system is seriously flawed.  What I don't understand is this: An architect, a doctor, a civil engineer, a beautician all have to take tests in order to receive a license.  Yet any fool can run for president.  We don't give that person an exam to see how qualified they might be.  There is nothing but personality, empty promises and a political machine.  There's something wrong here.

Judging by McCain's recent appearance in front of the Republican base he is not loved in the least.  He was repeatedly boo'd during his speech.

It could well be that at the Republican convention McCain will be cast aside for Romney, whom the Republicans love.

John Ivan

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 07:21:01 PM »

myNameIsGeorge wrote on Thu, 07 February 2008 16:45

guys, I will be shot for this (or JJ takes a plane with his submixing-desk shotgun and have a short visit at my house) but your whole system has some problems..

it doesn't matter who will become the next president... remember the dead-presidents, that wanted to change something.

JJ.. it's not hillary. the problem is way deeper.. but you don't see the big picture because you are living in the US.

this is not my problem, but I'm glad I'm out of this shit. it looks more like carneval or a bad hollywood-movie rather than a serious election.

cheers

some additionals:
did you ever thought about who is borrowing the US money for their depth? did you ever thought about who earns the interest of this money?

Why do you consistently insist that we don't understand what we are dealing with over here?? We know what the problems are, thank you very much.. While I value your opinion to some extent, I think you underestimate how huge this place is and how many people we are talking about.. People with different points of view and different reasons for pushing one way or another.. Yeah, it's flawed big time.. But it is also like nothing before in the history of the world.. You can sit in your arm chair all you want without being stuck in the middle of all this madness and pretend you see the problems that we can't see... However,, you are starting to sound like GWB to me.. ONLY YOU can see the truth..

I'll ad that anyone who claims that 'it doesn't matter who the next president is', is either not paying attention, OR, isn't smart enough. Period.. I'm sick of it. So, I'll say it.. What you typed above is plain old fucking stupid..

It's really pretty amazing..

Ivan...................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

studiojimi

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 07:26:43 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Thu, 07 February 2008 16:21

However,, you are starting to sound like GWB to me.. ONLY YOU can see the truth..

oooooo i can't stand people like that . . .
CAZADOR RECORDING
STUDIOJIMI'S PSW SONG FORUM
MY MYSPACE
How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

PRobb

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Thu, 07 February 2008 19:21

cheers

I'll ad that anyone who claims that 'it doesn't matter who the next president is', is either not paying attention, OR, isn't smart enough. Period.. I'm sick of it. So, I'll say it.. What you typed above is plain old fucking stupid..

It's really pretty amazing..

Ivan...................

Amen to that. To say that neither side is what you really want is one thing. To say they're both flawed is stating the obvious. To say there's no difference is just silly. We're not just electing a president, we're choosing a whole administration, and parties do matter. A Democratic president means a Democratic Attorney General, a Democratic EPA, a Democratic Dep't of Education and on down the line. And, most important, it will affect the composition of the SUpreme Court.

And George- If you think it doesn't matter to you, you're kidding yourself.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

J.J. Blair

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 08:50:48 PM »

Yeah, George.  I know who we owe our debt to.  It's mostly owned by China and Arabs.  But, hey ... at least we didn't do business with Hitler to keep him from invading our country.

And what our national debt has to do with who we elect to form our next four years of foreign policy, seating supreme court justices, and leading this nation, well you have me there.

Cheers, right back at ya.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.