R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I guess I'm not the only person who thinks Dane Cook isn't funny  (Read 2113 times)

J.J. Blair

I guess I'm not the only person who thinks Dane Cook isn't funny
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:11:51 PM »

Hillarious.  The impression is spot on, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZlyADccA1Y
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Barry Hufker

Re: I guess I'm not the only person who thinks Dane Cook isn't funny
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:02:27 PM »

To understand your comment I had to watch the MAD TV impression and then go to Youtube to watch Dane Cook.  I now hate you for this.

Wink

J.J. Blair

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:09:18 AM »

Barry, the dude sells out Madison Square Garden.  It's unbelievable.  And he's so not funny.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Barry Hufker

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 11:57:01 AM »

He is absolutely not funny.  I agree with you whole-heartedly.

It was soooooo painful to watch.

danickstr

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »

to find him funny, you would have to have the mindset of a bell-curve average 20-something, that is still unsure about a lot of stuff in their own world.  Not a lot of those around here.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

J.J. Blair

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 02:08:39 AM »

Larry the Cable Guy has better material.
studio info

mgod

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:19:57 AM »

There's a lot of very not funny humor being marketed as "funny" these days. But you can say the same thing about music - tons of ubiquitous and unavoidable sound being posited as music. And walk down any supermarket aisle and try to find the actual food on the shelves. Hell - try to identify even what category of food its supposed to resemble.

The same thing can be said about sex for that matter. Huge numbers of huge, hacked into and disproportionately inflated females strutting around being sold as "sexy" when they're anything but. They barely even look human.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

danickstr

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:07:55 AM »

maybe were just getting old and jaded  Shocked
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

mgod

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »

Maybe we're just sane.

DS

Jay Kadis

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 12:04:06 PM »

mgod wrote on Fri, 15 February 2008 07:19

Huge numbers of huge, hacked into and disproportionately inflated females strutting around being sold as "sexy" when they're anything but. They barely even look human.

DS
They remind me of what passes for chickens these days, the hormone-infused breast-enhanced... I think I'll stop there.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 07:10:17 PM »

I dunno...

index.php/fa/7665/0/
studio info

studiojimi

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 09:50:38 PM »

that younger generation

what's this world of theirs coming to
CAZADOR RECORDING
STUDIOJIMI'S PSW SONG FORUM
MY MYSPACE
How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

Barry Hufker

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 11:36:34 PM »

I suppose "epic boobs".

I hesitate to ask what will turn the "instant lesbians" back into heterosexual women...

mgod

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 12:36:57 AM »

Its an impossible and toxic "ideal" of some kind of other species of human.

A friend of my wife's was one of the first women to die of scleraderma. Her DuPont(TM) chest installations leaked. Before she died she endured a few years of, not paralysis, but a kind of frozen condition in which her skin couldn't move. Poor woman - sweet and kind, and felt bad about her genetic inheritance of a low mass of breast tissue, all because our culture becomes increasingly mentally ill.

DS.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.