R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neve 2253  (Read 3085 times)

Big Bri

Neve 2253
« on: May 14, 2004, 02:39:42 AM »

Dear John and forum

I have just gotten a pair of these (2253) and would like some info on them...Could not find any mention on the web....I would like to know attack time, and what the 3 settings react like(ie. Linear, Limiter, EQ Limit). I can guess the first two but what is the EQ limit selection? Is it like a de-esser? And, are they stereo linkable?  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian Baker

John Klett

Re: Neve 2253
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 02:59:59 PM »

sorry for the delay - I've been traveling and was away from my file cabinets

two attack times are 1mS and 100
John Klett / Tech Mecca
http://www.technicalaudio.com

echorec

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 06:33:45 PM »

Hi John,

Do you have any documention on the 2252?

Thanks.

John Klett

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 09:48:11 AM »

yes - I have one set of photocopied duplicates for 2252

With regard to docs in general...  

I can go in to a file cabinet, sort through a folder, see if I have duplicates already done, pull them, stuff them into an envelope and mail them all in about 5 or 10 total minutes of my time.  

If I have to make copies it takes longer.  When there are lots of pages, mixed sizes or any docs larger than B size (11" x 17") it takes a LOT more of my time and it almost certainly becomes a back-burner project. I have a BIG stove with more back burners than I can see or count in one shot...  so that's one thing.

I have to be in the exile shop where the files are to do this - that's the other.

Currently I have several projects that are not local so I am not in exile nearly as often as I should be ...and I am always in a time squish when I am here.  As far as I am concerned the docs and info are free to people who are trying to make the stuff they own work, but my time plus whatever expenses are incurred providing them aren't.  Also,  I am not a really documentation service - it's not a big priority for me so I don't do doc requests in a hurry - I do them when it fits in with everything else.

So...  for pulling already done dupes out and mailing them it'll be a "few bucks"...  maybe 5, 10 or a little more, depending on how much paper I have to sort through and collate, the size of the envelope and the postage...  obviously mailing docs outside of the U.S. will cost me more so...  all this is more or less obvious.

Anyway - yes for one copy 2252 and yes for several copies of 2253 - the file cabinets are really full and dumping duplicates is a way to thin things out.  I am loath to throwing away anything useful even if it is duplicated info.

contact me via private message or private e'mail (contact page is on my website).

http://www.technicalaudio.com/contact

One more note.  I get a ton of requests for "all the docs, component specs and sources so I can make my own...  blah blah whatever".  That info is not all in one place and some of it I don't have anyway.  I don't consider that info as simply documentation.  It's more like doing engineering/design/specification work so I charge accordingly.  I encourage D.I.Y. and Cloners to do all their own detective work and reverse engineering.  It's a lot of hard work but in the end you will have accomplished something and learned a lot in the process...  especially when it comes to inductors and transformers and LCR filter circuits.

have fun
John Klett / Tech Mecca
http://www.technicalaudio.com

echorec

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 05:43:18 PM »

Thanks John,

My 2252 compressors are working at the moment but it would be nice with the docs anyway.

I will send you an email.

Gunnar
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 16 queries.