R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Quest for a good board  (Read 7345 times)

bbkong

Re: Quest for a good board
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2004, 02:47:19 PM »

dwoz wrote on Sun, 16 May 2004 11:11

bb...just bear in mind, you have several issues to address.

monitoring input.

routing effects.

summing to 2mix.

marquis.

dwoz

Marquis? Are we gonna box about this?

Kidding.

Actually, I've moved this topic over here-
http://marsh.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/583/?SQ=d9d1783af49 f8a186bdff3a51e00a44d

in the shade.

These are things that I'm keeping in mind as I start choosing and picking stuff. Undoubtably, there will be a significant patchbay that I think Alex will be specin' out.

Also, now that I'm falling into the Radar pit, I have a suspicion Zerman's gonna be over here trying to stick a D2B up my butt.

hehehe.

"ottotune that bastard till he sounds like a sine wave"

Bill Mueller

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2004, 09:25:16 PM »

I've use both the Neotek and the Trident. The Trident is very punchy, has that gritty british eq that'll just take your head off and punches better than most boards. Great for Rock. The Neotek has a sweet high end with the smoothest eq. Very high fidelity. No punch. Great for classical and jazz.

Be careful regarding Neotek consoles and their control pots. They had to replace over 100,000 pots because of a bad run once. Nearly killed the company if I recall. Don't want to get a bad one.

I prefer the Yamaha DM2000 for a zillion reasons. GM does not want too much promotional speech so I won't go any further. Just check it out before you jump.

Best regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

drumsound

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 02:51:42 AM »

Here's a cool used/refurbed Neotek being sold by Sytek/Neotek

Elite II

I have to disagree that Neoteks don't rock.  I think they rock quite nicely.  I love my Elan II to death.  There are a ton of them in Chicago.  A lot of the "cool/influential Chicago early 90s buzz music" was done on Neotek consoles.  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.