R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Huckabee wants a Christian Constitution!!  (Read 3830 times)

studiojimi

Re: Huckabee wants a Christian Constitution!!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 12:41:42 PM »

Ashermusic wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 09:35

mgod wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 15:28

Its a global war against Christio-Fascism, now. Maybe this is god's punishment for the way we talk about Islamic nations.

DS

Huckabee's supporters are not strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up people to accomplish his goals.

Minor detail, I know.

not yet

but i'm sure some of those supporters would drag a black man down the road chained to a tractor

. . . . hmmmmm maybe even a jew or two.

("an' that ain't right!)
CAZADOR RECORDING
STUDIOJIMI'S PSW SONG FORUM
MY MYSPACE
How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

mgod

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »

Its a global war against Christio-Fascism, now. Maybe this is god's punishment for the way we talk about Islamic nations.

DS

Huckabee's supporters are not strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up people to accomplish his goals.

Minor detail, I know.

You see? You're the reason we're being punished with Huckabee!

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

PRobb

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 02:03:52 PM »

Ashermusic wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 12:35

DS

Minor detail, I know.

Yeah, but the difference between us and them should be one of fundamental principles, not matters of degree.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

CCC

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »

Ashermusic wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 12:35

Minor detail, I know.

True.  To the contrary, the Huck merely wants to enshrine in the supreme law of the USA (the Constitution) the primacy of so-called Christian values, whatever they are.  As you are no doubt aware, domestic law is nullified to the extent that it conflicts with the Constitution.  Thus, to the extent that US law conflicts with Christian values, such law would be nullified.  Ponder, if you will, the impact on criminal law, marriage and divorce, abortion, birth control, gay rights, various human rights acts, and so on and so forth.  I don't know that there can be freedom of religion in a country with a constitution based on a single faith.  Oops.

So, indeed the Hucksters aren't blowing people up.  They merely seek to undermine the fundamental freedom and democracy of the entire country.  The irony here, if it isn't sufficiently blindingly clear, is that the US styles itself as a beacon of freedom and democracy, and seeks to export if not impose those values on others.  At the same time, a viable candidate for the presidency wants to make the country more like Iran.  

Hucksters aren't suicide bombers exactly.  Total idiots, most certainly, and motivated by the same sentiments that make some folks go "boom."

J.J. Blair

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »

LOL!  Huckabee just said in a speech that he went to Bible camp as a kid "to drink the Kool Aid."

Well, he sure did!
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Berolzheimer

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »

studiojimi wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 09:41

DS

Minor detail, I know.

not yet

but i'm sure some of those supporters would drag a black man down the road chained to a tractor

. . . . hmmmmm maybe even a jew or two.

("an' that ain't right!)

Or maybe bomb an abortion clinic, or shoot a doctor who works in one.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

garret

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 10:13:39 PM »

Apparently, someone found a draft of what Huckabee has in mind...  Shocked   Surprised
-Garret
-----------------------------------
BILL of SMITES (http://tinyurl.com/345rby)

Preamble

Faithful and patriotic Americans, having come to realize that our country is going to hell in a hand-basket, and expressing a desire to curtail the degeneracy and wickedness creeping across the land, recognize that salvation requires the prompt ratification of the following Commandments derived from Holy Scripture; that they be inserted before Article I of the Constitution; and upon ratification shall in every case supersede all Articles or Amendments with which they may conflict; and that, moreover and furthermore, every reference in said Constitution to the "United States of America" shall be replaced by the "Dominion of America."

Commandment I

Congress shall strike down the free exercise of any religion that has not been approved by the most sanctified committee on Fidelity, Uprightness, Behaving And Reeducation; and at all times prohibit the free speech of atheists, pagans and other blasphemers who deny the Divinity of Our Redeemer; or who say bad words publicly or when eavesdropped on in their homes.

Commandment II

No Senator or Representative shall approve legislation, attend hearings or committee meetings or otherwise appear in the hallowed halls of Congress, not even the lobby, when she is in the midst of her monthlies, for this be unclean; nor shall she return until after the passage of seven days from the onset of this disgusting condition as determined by the sergeant-at-arms of the House of Representatives or such other delegate as shall be chosen by the most sanctified committee on Fidelity, Uprightness, Behaving And Reeducation; nor shall any member whose belly be swollen by pregnancy remind us of the act that caused this condition by appearing publicly in any official capacity whatsoever; nor when she has borne the child shall she nurse it within 500 feet of a federal building.

Commandment III

Any state, county, municipality, town, village or settlement which grants licenses for the legal coupling of abomination, whether this be two men together or two women, shall be considered in rebellion against the Dominion of America and occupied forthwith by soldiers, be they military or mercenary; and deprived without delay of all federal budgetary earmarks; and be subject to year-round scolding until such time as it shall publicly recant; and be made to suffer additional repercussions to be determined by the most sanctified committee on Fidelity, Uprightness, Behaving And Reeducation.

Commandment IV

The teaching of Darwinism, Big Bang physics, geologic time scales, and any other such ludicrous theories shall not be tolerated no matter what scientists say, even the Christian ones.

Commandment V

No book, film, tape recording, video, DVD, CD, visual or audio download, hologram, or any other digital package in whatever technological format invented prior to the Rapture which fails to obtain a Godly rating from the most sanctified committee on Fidelity, Uprightness, Behaving And Reeducation shall be manufactured, shipped, sold, traded, gifted, viewed or listened to excepting only by members of the most sanctified committee on Fidelity, Uprightness, Behaving And Reeducation.

Commandment VI

Tax deductions of no kind shall be afforded to people who refuse to say their prayers every day.

Commandment VII

Any woman who does the nasty with a man not her husband shall be delivered to a public place where she shall be put to death by the throwing of rocks or other suitable objects; and the same thing shall be done to a man who does the nasty with a man, or a woman with a woman, or anybody with a dog or a sheep; and the same for a man who does the nasty with another man’s wife, unless the wife is married to the man’s uncle, or to his brother; but any man who forces an unmarried woman without a boyfriend to do the nasty with him must pay her father for damages and marry her and not divorce her forever.

Commandment VIII

No court or classroom or legislature or fire station or restaurant or hotel or health spa or hospital or tavern or movie theater or real estate office or car dealership or tourist dive shall be licensed unless it has prominently posted a copy of the Ten Commandments as given by God to Moses on Mount Sinai, nor shall such copy be smaller than 3 feet by 5 feet.

Commandment IX

People who show up to vote marked by tattoos or strange haircuts, or who have trimmed their beards into roundness, or have shaved their heads, or who wear clothes of mixed textiles shall be disfranchised; and shall lose their eligibility to apply for government-backed student loans; nor shall they be allowed mortgage-interest deductions; and they shall forfeit their Social Security.

Commandment X

People who says bad things about God, as determined by the most sanctified committee on Fidelity, Uprightness, Behaving And Reeducation shall be taken to a public place where their mouths will be scrubbed with soap and faithful patriots shall throw rocks and other suitable objects at them until they die.

Commandment XI

No woman who conceives a child shall under any circumstances for any reason, including the prospect of certain death, remove the child or have it removed by any means whatsoever; and any woman who claims that she miscarried shall be physically inspected, have her habits evaluated, and be tested by means of polygraph under the supervision of the most sanctified committee on Fidelity, Uprightness, Behaving And Reeducation, which, if it deems appropriate, shall deliver her up for punishment as set forth in Commandment VII.    

Commandment XII

The 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution are hereby repealed. Slavery is okay. The Bible says so.

tomorrow is already here - http://www.worksongs.net/

Barry Hufker

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 11:48:29 PM »

The latest is this exchange:

Sean Colmes: When you make statements like that, changing the Constitution in keeping with your God.

Mike Huckabee: On two things. The context is two things. Human life amendment, which I support and which has been in the Republican platform since 1980. And by the way, Fred Thompson doesn’t support it, nor does John McCain. And yet it’s part of our platform and it’s a very important part of our platform to say that human life is something we’re going to stand for. And the second thing is traditional marriage. So those are the two areas in which I’m talking about. I’m not suggesting that we re-write the constitution to reflect tithing or Sunday school attendance. I want to make that very clear.

The following is commentary from Crooks and Liars:

Nice try there Mike. Two things is two things too many. What would be next? A “Wives to obey their husbands” amendment?” Richard Land would certainly be thrilled. Huckabee laughs it off as really just part of what Republicans think anyway so what’s the big deal? I have to agree with him on that one completely. Huckabee is stating the words that are at the heart of Newt’s Southern Strategy in the 90’s and Reagan in the 80’s.

Digby reminds us of this one:

The president of the United States interrupted his vacation (something he wouldn’t do even when faced with a terrorist threat) to sign legislation to keep one brain damaged woman alive against her will in a naked pander to the religious right. This stuff is SOP to Republicans. They agree with it.

PFAW’s Peter Montgomery says:

Does Huckabee mean what he said? Does he want an amendment to make divorce unconstitutional? What other ways would he amend the Constitution to meet his interpretation of “God’s standards?” Mike Huckabee’s desperate push to energize his supporters is revealing his deeply flawed view of our Constitution, and reminding Americans why the separation of church and state is so important.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.