R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: making a Neve channelstrip: 83013 pinout, Voltages, Phantompower  (Read 3120 times)

tobico

Hello,
i got a complete Neve 83049 Input Channel including input module 10884 with Line- and Mic-input, 4-band EQ, Limiter-Compressor, Bus-module 83013 with 4Auxes. I want to built my own standalone-Preamp with EQ out of it.

1.- Do you know where i can get the pinout of the 83013-module so that i know where to take the output signal from? What pins are for the fader? Is there +4dBu signalstrength? Well, I could measure the Signalstrength with a Voltmeter, but I want to be sure  not to stress the built- in opamp if its not powerful enough to drive some meters of cable in the studio. It should be at the standard level so that I can go dirctely in the Line-Inputs of various Mixing Consoles with unity gain.
2.- I am not shure what Voltage to supply to the neve. The equalizer-module has the phrase +25V and -25V written on the PCB itself and on the pinout for the inputboard. Other modules have +16V and -16V written on the PCB. Should I better supply +-24VDC and +-15VDC instead like some Neve-Supplies for some Consoles do? The power supply is my own work with voltage regulators LM350 that provide 4 adjustable voltages.
3. - do i need the +15VDC for the logic in order to route my signal from input via Dynamics and EQ to the output or can I just skip that?
4.- where does the 48V phantompower for the Mic-input come from?

at danalexanderaudio.com there are some pinouts (named 83022) that cant answer this questions and thats the only source I found yet. Perhaps does anyboby know something. Thanks for reading!

Geoff_T

Re: making a Neve channelstrip: 83013 pinout, Voltages, Phantompower
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 12:48:32 PM »

Hi

Have you tried contacting customer support at AMS-Neve in Burnley, UK? I would not recommend asking tech info from their USA (or other) distributors but I think that you'd find the guys in Burnley helpful.

I think that you'll find that the VMOS output stage runs on +/-25v in order to swing +26dBu unbalanced. The regular audio runs on +/-16v and the logic rail is 16v.

Aeons ago I made custom 19" racks of these units until stopped by the MD (Laci Nester-Smith) who informed me that folk would buy SSL consoles and these racks rather than buying a Neve console.

Not long after I left they introduced the Prism rack...

Funny ol' world!

Smile
Geoff Tanner
http://www.auroraaudio.net/main.shtml
http://www.grandmasterrecorders.com
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0595093329/ref=sib_dp_pt/104 -6861899-0350336#reader-link

NB Please do not pm me if you want a fast response... please email me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.