R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audient ASP 8024?  (Read 2865 times)

claveslave

Audient ASP 8024?
« on: May 10, 2004, 11:26:45 PM »

Hi,

Has anyone used one of these consoles? If so, what are your impressions/criticisms etc.? It appears to come from a tried and true pedigree. Tx.

Brent Handy

Re: Audient ASP 8024?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 12:19:08 AM »

Call up the studio guys at Rhema Bible Church in Broken Arrow, OK.  They have one or two in their production truck. 918-258-1588

Otitis Media

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 10:40:26 AM »

I've got the ASP008 8ch preamp unit that's based on the preamps in the board.  It's a nice unit, well-made, sounds good (transparent, not colored), Judging by this unit, I'd be curious to check out the baord.  The pre's have switchable impedance, low cut and this unit also has a digital output.  I use it as a front end for my Fostex field recorder (D108) and I wanted something that'd be true to source and not add it's own imprint.  

You're not going to get Neve color outta their stuff, but if that's not what you're looking for, or if you've got other ways to do that (like an MP2NV), you'll be well served by their board, I think.  

Dan Roth
Hired Gun

lucey

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 12:40:39 PM »

Otitis Media wrote on Thu, 13 May 2004 09:40

I've got the ASP008 8ch preamp unit that's based on the preamps in the board.  It's a nice unit, well-made, sounds good (transparent, not colored), Judging by this unit, I'd be curious to check out the baord.  The pre's have switchable impedance, low cut and this unit also has a digital output.  I use it as a front end for my Fostex field recorder (D108) and I wanted something that'd be true to source and not add it's own imprint.  

Can you be more specific about the tone of the 008 as compared to other clean pres?
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

"the economy is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ecology" - unknown

Otitis Media

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 03:55:24 PM »

Sorry, but no.  My main use for it has been tracking production audio for TV/Film work.  I can't say that it's imparted ANY tone on that stuff (vox tracks, wallah, etc).  I've played guitar through it and it has been faithful to what's on it's input, but didn't add any "beef" to the single coil pickups in my Squier Strat.  

It's clean in the sense that it'll faithfully capture what you put in front of the mic, without adding any extra beef to it.  It kinda strikes me as a bit clinical - but I haven't really shaken the setup down with a music session yet.  It's what I wanted for my purposes, clean, uncolored.  

Switchable impedance on the mic input will allow you to get a little color out of some mics, but overall ya gotta get the sound out in the room.  It's not a beefy "money-channel" type pre, but it won't give you the crap buildup that you'd get from using a B'inger for all your tracks or something.  It's a capable pre and won't fuck up your sound.  Not sure how many different ways I can describe it's "clean tone" Razz
Dan Roth
Hired Gun
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.