R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chosing Mic Pre's  (Read 3068 times)

twilightoftheidols

Chosing Mic Pre's
« on: May 13, 2004, 10:24:01 PM »

I'm in the process of adding a few items to my home studio, and I'm in the market for a two channel mic pre. For pre's I've currently got a Summit/Neve Element 78 MPE-200 (stereo), and two SSL XLogic Channels. For this next purchase, I was considering the Universal Audio 2-610, the Chandler TG2, the Tube Tech MP 1A, and the Avalon AD2022. Does anyone have any suggestions? Which of these models do you feel will best complement my current collection?

Thanks!
Brendan E.

redfro

Re: Chosing Mic Pre's
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 11:53:17 PM »

FWIW I just did a project using both the Universal Audio 2-610 and the Avalon AD2022. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be with either unit. The Avalon sounded good on vocals, but not much else. The UA didn't get used on anything. I think the next piece I buy is gonna be the Chandler TG2, if for nothing else than recording guitars.
As always, YMMV....
Wes Pitzer
WCS Media

Nathan Eldred

Re: Chosing Mic Pre's
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 12:15:38 AM »

There are pieces that are 'meat and potatoes' and there are pieces that are dessert.  For rock and roll API and Neve (and their cost effective and respective offshoots like OSA and Vintech) are those meat and potatoes.
Nathan Eldred

The Store:

AtlasProAudio.com

The Studio:

AtlasRecording.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.