R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A product I'd like to see: RealTraps carry bags  (Read 3563 times)

PaulyD

A product I'd like to see: RealTraps carry bags
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:39:02 AM »

Maestro Winer, are you reading?

I was thinking it would be great if RealTraps made carry bags for their products. Carry bags would be great if the traps needed to be transported or stored. I'm not thinking "flight case" kind of protection, but something with a sturdy handle and enough protection to keep the traps from getting dirty or scratched. It would also be great if the carry bags themselves could be stored in a neat, compact fashion when not in use. I know that's asking a lot, but you're a clever fellow. I'm certain you could come up with something. Smile

It appears the Portable Vocal Booth does actually come with something like this. So what say for the big stuff?

I hope everyone is having a happy, safe holiday season!

Cheers,

Paul

Ethan Winer

Re: A product I'd like to see: RealTraps carry bags
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:37:45 PM »

Man, that's a tough one Paul. I don't know of any off the shelf products, and anything custom would be really expensive in small quantities. Most of our customers mount our products permanently, and only a few do take them around for remote gigs etc. So it's not like we could order 1,000 or even 100 pieces (to get a decent price) and expect to sell them within ten years. Confused

I just now spent some time at Google, but all I could find large enough to hold a MiniTrap was rigid cases for $200 and up. You'd think someone would sell a nice large canvas case, but so far I see nothing. If you find a place that has such cases, please let me know and I'll put a link on our site as I did for the PVB pizza bags. We don't sell those, but when someone sent me the link I was glad to post it.

--Ethan

PaulyD

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 01:47:52 PM »

Hi Ethan,
thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that was a pizza bag in the photos for the PVB. That's pretty clever.

I know there are companies that will make custom dust covers for pretty much anything if you give them the specs. A quick Google search turned up these:

http://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/
http://www.studioslips.com/
http://www.cover-it-audio.com/

I'll check with them when I get a chance and see what's up.

Cheers, and thanks again! Smile

Paul

Fig

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »

Hi,

First off, I don't know how big or how heavy the pieces actually are that you are referring to but -- those plexi-glass shields that drummers use have carry cases for them, might that work?

I've seen many a drummer come into the clubs where I mix live sound and they have canvas bags that hold the panels and the attaching hardware.

Just a thought.

Fig
The easiest thing to do is the thing most easily forgotten.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.