R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A/D Upgrade  (Read 2533 times)

redelephant

A/D Upgrade
« on: May 09, 2004, 12:31:14 PM »

Hello everyone. I have been asking around trying to figure out exactly how to go about updating my A/D converters. I have about $3K to play with, and I am looking to upgrade my current setup, which is a single MOTU 24 i/o. Some options I have discovered is to just get an Apogee Big Ben and connect it to my 24 i/o, which some say would produce a noticeable difference. Other options are to get an Apogee Big Ben and a MOTU HD 192, or an Apogee AD-16x and a MOTU 2408 (this option goes over budget a little).

I don't care about recording @ 192khz. I want at least 12 channels. I am on a Mac.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

VoxBoston

Re: A/D Upgrade - I'm wondering the same
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 03:35:17 PM »

I'm eagerly awaiting any input from folks on the same basic question, so jump in, AD/DA wizards!

natpub

Re: A/D Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 10:58:54 PM »

Unless you really need all the other digital inputs on the 2408 (are you running in synths or something?), you might consider looking at the firewire option on the Apogee AD16x ($3500-ish?). It looks like a fairly elegent solution to me for native systems.
Kurt Thompson
Vibrational Arts, Inc.
Blue Skyway Music
Sonic Sorcery Studios
Austin,TX/Columbus,OH

James Duncan

Re: A/D Upgrade
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 08:40:05 PM »

natpub wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 21:58

Unless you really need all the other digital inputs on the 2408 (are you running in synths or something?), you might consider looking at the firewire option on the Apogee AD16x ($3500-ish?). It looks like a fairly elegent solution to me for native systems.

And it comes with the same clock as the Big Ben to boot...not a bad deal, and you get 16 channels at the same time.
James Duncan

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 19 queries.