R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yammie PM1000 or Tascam M512?  (Read 3087 times)

Trumpetman2

Yammie PM1000 or Tascam M512?
« on: May 07, 2004, 10:08:56 AM »

Laughing  Rolling Eyes If you had your choice of one of these for mixdown, which would it be? As far as quality, convenience, weight, etc. Thanks.

bloodstone

Re: Yammie PM1000 or Tascam M512?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 12:26:55 PM »

I have an M512.  It's heavy as all getout.  I don't use it anymore, as I bought a Soundcraft Ghost.  The 512's low end blows the Ghost's out of the water, but the top end really sucks.  You have to crank the high EQ knob to get any sparkle.  Sometimes I miss that fat low end, but all in all can't see the 512 as a viable option.  

I have no experience with the Yamaha.

Trumpetman2

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 01:09:51 PM »

Very Happy Bloodstone:  Thanks man, but destiny took care of the choice - the Tascam was not available after all.  I might go w/the Yammie as Fletcher and others think it is a real good-sounding mixer.

josh

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 03:09:13 PM »

Trumpetman2 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 18:09

Very Happy Bloodstone:  Thanks man, but destiny took care of the choice - the Tascam was not available after all.  I might go w/the Yammie as Fletcher and others think it is a real good-sounding mixer.

I'm using a custom Yamaha console just for direct recording on the DAW (channel strips each has a direct out through one of the OPT's from the PM-1000) and it sounds killer.  FWIW.  Havevn't tried mixing with it, as I have no master sections.  I have a mix-bus built into my system to use for OTB summing but I have not got all the kinks worked out of it yet.

IMHO the Yamaha is killer.  I haven't heard such things about the Tascam.  Tascam is an op amp board, right?  TL072s and NE5532's IIRC.  Yamaha is discrete class A.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.