R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OK, defend this.  (Read 13719 times)

Ashermusic

OK, defend this.
« on: November 30, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »

And no doubt some of you will.

Muslims are calling for the DEATH of a teacher who committed the sin of  allowing her students, after they voted to do so, to name a teddy bear Mohammed. More moderate Muslims only want her to be whipped.

No other religion in the modern era has examples of this kind of intolerance even remotely commensurate to this from its adherents.

Please spare me the Chrisitianity did this hundreds of years ago, not all Muslims are like this, and the other obvious facts that we are all aware of and acknowledge.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

el duderino

Re: OK, defend this.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »

there is no defense for it. but, as always, when traveling abroad you should know the rules of where you are going. And considering this happened in Sudan, she should have known better and feared the worst.

like i said, its unjustifiable to ME. but in an age where the world is an ever increasingly small place people need to remember home rules do not always apply no matter how basic they seem.

btw, from what i read a couple hundred people were protesting for death. she got 15 days. maybe i'm wrong but I swear I've seen hundreds of people demonstrating in the usa on platforms of hate that ALSO made no sense to ME.

i dig music

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 05:41:59 PM »

asher, no disrespect to you, but it appears like you are trying to call some people out.

we all have different opinions and views, but i don't believe anybody here is going to to try to "defend" that.

there's all sorts of unbelievable shit going on in this world, but you can't lump in all muslims in to the same basket and tell us that they all feel the same way, or approve of the same things.

in the middle east {or everywhere else} you have radical, moderate and stoned nonconformists. it's hard to get people on the same page, but when radicals in any neighborhood are using chainsaws to sever heads and getting away with it, people that live there take notice and don't make to many waves for obvious reasons.

what we see and hear about in that part of the world is not only to terrorize us, but to terrorize the people that live there to. the point to this brand of terrorism is to keep any opposition to an ideology or government afraid and compliant.

we have seen it in history many times before. it's nothing new.

it's very hard to take a stand against. all sorts of things motivate people, but fear usually does the trick in most cases.

it should not to be taken lightly.
R. Steele

Larrchild

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:38:23 PM »

A call out as it may be, the stewards of Stone Age Thinking in this country marginalizing the predictable lefty musos, as to believe they would not condemn Stone Age Thinking abroad is oddly confusing to me. And not a friendly gesture.

We're not like that.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

danickstr

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 06:56:12 PM »

I say death to anyone who wants death to anyone else for a lack of a crime with a victim...uh....wait...forget that. Shocked
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

CCC

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 07:14:24 PM »

Ashermusic wrote on Fri, 30 November 2007 17:06

And no doubt some of you will.

Muslims are calling for the DEATH of a teacher who committed the sin of  allowing her students, after they voted to do so, to name a teddy bear Mohammed. More moderate Muslims only want her to be whipped.

No other religion in the modern era has examples of this kind of intolerance even remotely commensurate to this from its adherents.

Please spare me the Chrisitianity did this hundreds of years ago, not all Muslims are like this, and the other obvious facts that we are all aware of and acknowledge.

I agree that this is indefensible.  But then, before we Westerners take the moral high road, let us not forget that 50 years ago in certain parts of this continent an African-American could easily be lynched for any number of insignificant reasons.  As I understand it, from the late 19th century through the 60's there were literally thousands of lynchings.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not analogizing racists with "religion"...but .....

studiojimi

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 07:22:31 PM »

kill everybody
CAZADOR RECORDING
STUDIOJIMI'S PSW SONG FORUM
MY MYSPACE
How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

Larrchild

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »

It was pointed out that moving out of the Stone Age occurs when people who live in it find out about what's out there.

As I Dig Music put it really well, these countries have a vested interest in people-control through fear. And keeping the Western Devil Culture out.

But time is not on their side.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

Daniel Farris

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »

It's pure nonsense and indefensible.

I do suspect, however, that it is xenophobia and racial hatred conveniently couched in a nominally religious argument.

DF

Jay Kadis

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 02:16:55 AM »

We give the religious aspect too much blame, when the real culprit is the vast difference in overall culture, of which religion is but a component.  The appeal of western culture makes it necessary for its opponents to go to great lengths.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 02:44:49 AM »

Christians would never do such a thing!  Like, they would never bomb abortion clinics or shoot OBGYNs who do abortions.  Those Muslims are horrible people!

I love how the same people who decry a Muslim theocracy are frequently people who would embrace a Christian theocracy.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Chris Ilett

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 08:06:37 AM »

studiojimi wrote on Fri, 30 November 2007 18:22

kill everybody

Laughing

PP

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 10:03:34 AM »

Ashermusic

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 11:10:19 AM »

i dig music wrote on Fri, 30 November 2007 22:41

asher, no disrespect to you, but it appears like you are trying to call some people out.

we all have different opinions and views, but i don't believe anybody here is going to to try to "defend" that.

there's all sorts of unbelievable shit going on in this world, but you can't lump in all muslims in to the same basket and tell us that they all feel the same way, or approve of the same things.

in the middle east {or everywhere else} you have radical, moderate and stoned nonconformists. it's hard to get people on the same page, but when radicals in any neighborhood are using chainsaws to sever heads and getting away with it, people that live there take notice and don't make to many waves for obvious reasons.

what we see and hear about in that part of the world is not only to terrorize us, but to terrorize the people that live there to. the point to this brand of terrorism is to keep any opposition to an ideology or government afraid and compliant.

we have seen it in history many times before. it's nothing new.

it's very hard to take a stand against. all sorts of things motivate people, but fear usually does the trick in most cases.

it should not to be taken lightly.

It was indeed meant as a call out but not a hostile one. I am just trying to shake the folks who believe that "all cultures are morally equal, it  is just a matter of your perception and you simply need to get together to talk out your differences" crowd out of their dream world and recognize what it is we are dealing with.

I guess what bothers me overall these days is the refusal of liberals ( I am a Centrist) to simply acknowledge  that fact that unlike any other religion at this point in history Islam has a large number of adherents that believe death is an acceptable punishment for any perceived disrespect for their religion and are unwilling to condemn that.

Do I believe that ALL muslims or even MOST believe this? Of course not. Do I believe that out of the app. 1 billion Muslims on the planet perhaps millions and certainly at least hundreds of thousands do? You bet I do and every kind of polling that is done supports that.

We cannot deal with the cultural differences if we do not acknowledge they exist and be willing to simply say that it is wrong to advocate putting a person to death for this kind of offense.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

mgod

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 11:55:52 AM »

JS wrote on Fri, 30 November 2007 16:14

But then, before we Westerners take the moral high road, let us not forget that 50 years ago in certain parts of this continent an African-American could easily be lynched for any number of insignificant reasons.  As I understand it, from the late 19th century through the 60's there were literally thousands of lynchings.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not analogizing racists with "religion"...but .....

50 years ago? How long ago was it that a man in Texas was was chained to the back of pickup truck and torn in two?

Must have been those Texas Muslims did it.

Asher, it was Polish Catholics who put my family in gas chambers and ovens, while the Pope watched. It was Polish catholics who slaughtered Jews in 1946 when they returned home. Do I think this could happen again? In a heartbeat - do I think this could happen again here - yes, but this time it might be you doing it to Muslims. I don't mean that as a personal insult - this shit begins somewhere. Usually inside people. May I suggest with respect and love - please calm down. No one means you any harm. The world evolves. I'm married to an Irish/German/Swedish catholic girl. You can't force anyone to see it your way.  Lucky for me. Its another thing to appreciate about America - you live in a land where you agree with the laws. If you didn't you could go elsewhere.

How about you start a thread in which we all get to list all the things we don't like elsewhere? How about we just focus on our opinions of Africa and see how high up on the list this one is?

Some religious fanatics going apoplectic in Africa means little to me - I'm more concerned about religious fanaticism at home - condemnation of Islam being one manifestation of it in my opinion.

There - got what you were looking for?

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.