R/E/P > Budget? Budget? We Don't Got No Steekin' Budjet

ADK S-7b, A real Gem!

<< < (8/8)

JP Gerard:
Hi,

Larry has asked me to tweak the specs of the T-7 so that it has a virtually
identical noise-spec to the U-87A.

So this re-design is what is holding the production up for a few additonal months.

Is there any differences between them, even if they're small, either because of the grid, the capsule used or otherwise? Will noise specs be the same? Is it the same circuits and electronic components used, or is it just about the same?

The capsule and grille wil be the same. Most of the circuit will be the same too.

I truly believe S7 [and hopefully T7] is a great microphone even if we forget the price, but would like to know if it's also a quality microphone in the sense that it use components that will last for many years, just as the more expensive ones ADK are offering?

It's built with long life components, no worries!

Moreover can T7 be expected to come out in stereo pairs also and finally, when will it be released..?

We might offer matched pairs, indeed. ETA Autumn of 2010, with a bit of luck, but could be early winter 2010.

mljung:
Thanks for your answer JP

JP Gerard wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 11:24
Hi,

Larry has asked me to tweak the specs of the T-7 so that it has a virtually
identical noise-spec to the U-87A.

So this re-design is what is holding the production up for a few additonal months.

Doesn't the S-7 already have the more or less the same noise specs, as the U-87A ?

Best,
Mads

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version