R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wavelab 6,, newbie question,,, please help  (Read 7618 times)

wavesculptor2

wavelab 6,, newbie question,,, please help
« on: June 13, 2010, 06:16:36 PM »

so I'm trying to record some lengthy dj sets for some friends at 24 bit 96k. the recording always stops just around an hour, just under four gigs, if i change the settings to 24/44.1k i can get a little over three hours. so i set the program to use timed recording for 24 hours.. when i hit record at 24/96 the program says time remaining 51 min left but disk capacity is 67 hours left. if i change to 24/44.1k time remaining is 3 hours left and disk space is 146 hours. reading all that i could find in various forums some say this is a limitation to the wav file, but wavelab 6 should be able to work around this.. others say use wave64 to avoid this problem, but i get the same results,, what am i doing wrong? any help will be greatly appreciated,, i tried this on three different computers with three different sound cards,, 2 were running xp with service pack 3,, the other windows 7 ultimate,,, all 32 bit operating systems with 4 gigs of ram,, ntfs formatted hard drives with 100+ gigs available for recording ether on a separate partition than the os or a complete separate drive.. disk quota turned off on all....      thanks again for any help that you pro's may be able to offer....

resolectric

Re: wavelab 6,, newbie question,,, please help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »

There's a file size limit for WAV files. 2GB if i remember correctly.
See the program's preferences and check if you can record in the Wave64 file type. It allows for files larger than the WAV limit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 17 queries.