R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Economic Consequences of Mr. Bush - Vanity Fair  (Read 1741 times)

rnicklaus

R.N.

maxdimario

Re: The Economic Consequences of Mr. Bush - Vanity Fair
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 06:45:04 AM »

but it's not bush.

bush is only the public puppet..

he needs others to tell him what he is about to do.

you need to blame high finance.

all the laws which have been removed to eliminate freedom go hand in hand with the modern anti-economy.

if you make people's money worthless you make them powerless.

no matter how much money becomes devalued, the ultra-rich will always have enough to be ultra-powerful.

on the other hand people with normal amounts of money will be powerless and will be forced to demand credit just to survive.

once credit becomes an accepted way of solving the here-and-now problems, it will become widespread..

here in Italy there are advertisements with people smiling for loans for vacations, luxury items..

people have started to take loans for the dentist bills.

etc. etc.

Who is going to stop the corrupt when the average citizen has no clue of what politics are really about, what money is really about (paper with numbers on it) etc..

people need to stop licking their ego and accept that they are NOT FREE, but enslaved by the people who play with numbers.

one important thing to keep repeating is that the most lucrative activity for reserve banks is WAR.

Les Ismore

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:40:43 PM »

Hell, we made such good money with this war, let's start another!!!
Maybe two or three at a time!
Pete Honychurch - Fluid Sound
http://www.myspace.com/PeteHonychurch

Oldfart

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:10:05 PM »

Les Ismore wrote on Mon, 12 November 2007 19:40

Hell, we made such good money with this war, let's start another!!!
Maybe two or three at a time!

The point is, that armement industries, Haliburton and the Blackwell of the world, are raking in massive fortunes, all on borrowed money which will have to be paid for by the tax payers.

And the easiest money of all, will be made by the lenders (of hundreds of billions of dollars WHICH THEY DON"T HAVE TO START WITH ), in interests

What do you think the interest charges are on (approx.) $700,000,000,000.00 (ruff estimate of war costs)?

Denis Paquette

PRobb

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 12:45:55 AM »

For the last seven years our economy has been built on debt, public and private. There has to be a price for that.

maxdimario wrote on Sat, 10 November 2007 06:45

no matter how much money becomes devalued, the ultra-rich will always have enough to be ultra-powerful.

And for the last seven years our economic policy has been primarily aimed at helping the the single group that is least in need of help, the ultra rich.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Oldfart

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:23:25 PM »

Oldfart wrote on Mon, 12 November 2007 23:10

The point is, that armement industries, Haliburton and the Blackwell of the world, are raking in massive fortunes, all on borrowed money which will have to be paid for by the tax payers.

And the easiest money of all, will be made by the lenders (of hundreds of billions of dollars WHICH THEY DON"T HAVE TO START WITH ), in interests

What do you think the interest charges are on (approx.) $700,000,000,000.00 (ruff estimate of war costs)?

Ooops I must apologize ..... my numbers were slighlty off!!!

(here's the intro to an article I just found)

Iraq, Afghan War Costs Are $1.6 Trillion  

Nov 13 10:17 AM US/Eastern
By JEANNINE AVERSA
AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The economic costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are estimated to total $1.6 trillion—roughly double the amount the White House has requested thus far, according to a new report by Congress' Joint Economic Committee.

So now back to my first comments, what do you think is the interest charges on $1,600,000,000,000.00 ? Now do you still think there's no money to be made in war ?

Oldfart

Denis Paquette

PRobb

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 10:53:19 PM »

Oldfart wrote on Tue, 13 November 2007 21:23

By JEANNINE AVERSA
AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The economic costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are estimated to total $1.6 trillion?roughly double the amount the White House has requested thus far, according to a new report by Congress' Joint Economic Committee.

So now back to my first comments, what do you think is the interest charges on $1,600,000,000,000.00 ? Now do you still think there's no money to be made in war ?

Oldfart

Yeah, well, funny thing about that. See, it turns out the numbers the White House has been giving us for the cost of the war don't include the long term costs of the interest on the money (all borrowed) used to pay for it.  Or caring for wounded veterans.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Oldfart

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:04:08 AM »

PRobb wrote on Tue, 13 November 2007 22:53

Oldfart wrote on Tue, 13 November 2007 21:23

By JEANNINE AVERSA
AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The economic costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are estimated to total $1.6 trillion?roughly double the amount the White House has requested thus far, according to a new report by Congress' Joint Economic Committee.

Oldfart

Yeah, well, funny thing about that. See, it turns out the numbers the White House has been giving us for the cost of the war don't include the long term costs of the interest on the money (all borrowed) used to pay for it.  Or caring for wounded veterans.

So true, but the weirdest thing about all this, is the fact that the Amercian people aren't doing anything about it!

Oldfart
Denis Paquette
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.