R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap FX Trix  (Read 2661 times)

nobby

Cheap FX Trix
« on: May 03, 2004, 02:00:28 PM »

How about some tips for getting more mileage out of inexpensive FX? An Aussie online bud of mine (handle is ekko) offered this nugget:
Quote:

if you filter a cheap verb to sound realitic (about...oh...5 seconds work) there aint a problem. i mean fuck, listen to a room or analyse the thing if you must, its not gonna be anything like a cheap reverb. so filter it and get on with the job. i just did a mix session a few hours ago with a bit of dverb on a snare with digirack LPF @ about 5K and HPF @ around 300 and it sounded fine. better than fine, it sounded like a decent room. i dont see how people get those wierd noises and cant do something about it. shit ive got a mates addverb sitting in the rack as a filler that can pull a great drum room sound if youre careful with youre filters (patch 29 i think  its been a while since it was turned on.)

Thanks, mate! I've got a pair of DSP128's and a MidiVerb4 that I haven't been using lately that I'll have to try this out on.

"Rock 'n' Roll, if it were a movie, would be Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."

~ Slipperman

RIP Steve "Loudist" Gursky

imaginarymusic

Re: Cheap FX Trix
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 12:12:07 PM »

eq on reverb is magical and wonderful.
i've also had a lot of luck with putting a delay before the reverb make the delay time in tempo with the song(30000/bpm or some multiple thereof) turn up the feedback to taste and make the mix on the reverb 50% wet and 50% dry.  compressing the send or return can also help.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.