R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Andy Simpson's New Microphone  (Read 31624 times)

Andy Simpson

Re: Announcement: New Microphone
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2008, 09:32:49 AM »

Marik wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 07:37

Andy,

Thank you very much for the Model A explanation and taking time for listening to my samples and giving feedback.

I very much agree with your observations and have been working on a mic, which might be a close relative of yours -for now I call it "backloaded ribbon".

Right now I am still in the process of prototyping/voicing and did not make recordings yet. I expect to finish it soon and if you are interested, can post some clips.

Best, M

Hi Mark,

During the long-ago process of prototyping I built a couple of rear-loaded high-output ribbons for the sake of experimentation - this is certainly an interesting avenue but I'll leave my conclusions out for now - I have given enough 'clues' for one year!

Anyway, please do post some clips when you get it done.

Andy

Kewl

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »

Andy,

Maybe someone already asked, but you should have non-MP3 samples available, compressed with FLAC or similar. I listened to the orchestral and choir-organ samples and I would like to be sure that the things I'm hearing are not MP3 processing leftovers.

- Daniel

Andy Simpson

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2008, 10:10:20 AM »

Kewl wrote on Sat, 06 September 2008 15:46

Andy,

Maybe someone already asked, but you should have non-MP3 samples available, compressed with FLAC or similar. I listened to the orchestral and choir-organ samples and I would like to be sure that the things I'm hearing are not MP3 processing leftovers.

- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

There are 44.1k/16bit samples on my website (see link below) along with the mp3 versions.

I have yet to update the website with the chamber recordings yet, but the original .WAV file versions of the chamber clips mentioned above can be found here:

Chamber ensemble A
Chamber ensemble B

Here are some further hi-res .WAV examples from the same concert: Clip C Clip D Clip E

These may take a little while to download but should me more informative than the mp3s.

Andy

Kewl

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2008, 12:28:18 PM »

Andy Simpson wrote on Sat, 06 September 2008 10:10

There are 44.1k/16bit samples on my website (see link below) along with the mp3 versions. (...) These may take a little while to download but should me more informative than the mp3s.

OK, thanks. You should FLAC them, it would save half the bandwidth...

Regards,

Daniel
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.