R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AKG 451 or any small condensor mic stand adapter....where to get?  (Read 3507 times)

guitarbth

Hi all,
I recently picked up a used AKG 451 EB and it doesnt have a mic stand adapter with it. I looked up the part number at akg.com and found it for sale at sweetwater.com. However, I dont feel like paying $20 to sweetwater for the official akg clip. Do any of you know where I can get a stand adapter that will work with a 451 on the after market? Im not looking for those bunk "chip clip" things by the way. Any ideas? Thanks.

Brandon

jazzbass

Re: AKG 451 or any small condensor mic stand adapter....where to get?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 10:30:49 AM »

guitarbth wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 13:27

Hi all,
I recently picked up a used AKG 451 EB and it doesnt have a mic stand adapter with it. I looked up the part number at akg.com and found it for sale at sweetwater.com. However, I dont feel like paying $20 to sweetwater for the official akg clip. Do any of you know where I can get a stand adapter that will work with a 451 on the after market? Im not looking for those bunk "chip clip" things by the way. Any ideas? Thanks.

Brandon

Not sure what you mean--you're talking about a mic clip (or shockmount) right? The "clothes pin" variety work fine--more stable than the friction kind (like the the one Shure provides for a SM57. I don't think I've ever seen the mic clip that AKG made for it. I think Shure makes a "donut" type shockmount but I'm not sure if it will fit a mic as small in diameter as a 451. Even the AT shockmount (AT8410 around $50 I think) is the clothes pin variety. They also make a rubber band model too  (AT8415) for even more money.  I'm sure there are more options but probably not much in the  $20 range.

bob
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong".

guitarbth

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 11:15:11 AM »

Yeah Im looking for the clip not the shock mount. Thanks for the info. I'll probably just grab a "chip clip" style adapter.

ericswan

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 01:17:53 AM »

An inexpensive solution is to wrap electrical tape around the mic to increase its diameter to fit into a standard Shure style mic clip.

Clips sold with some of the AT and EV mics will fit a 451 as well.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." Oscar Wilde

Sacred Heart Studio
www.sacredheartstudio.net
www.myspace.com/sacredheartstudio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 19 queries.