R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headphones your all using  (Read 51551 times)

steve_halko

Re: Headphones your all using
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

I just bought 5 of the MoreMe headphones - great for tracking.

I'm curious about one thing though - they are advertised as having removable earpieces, so that 2 people can use one set of phones.

I could find no way to remove the earpieces - and even if I could, the little wire attached to them looks like it would not allow them to be moved far enough away from the headpiece to allow use by a second person.

hargerst

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2005, 08:28:58 PM »

steve_halko wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 16:16

I just bought 5 of the MoreMe headphones - great for tracking.

I'm curious about one thing though - they are advertised as having removable earpieces, so that 2 people can use one set of phones.

I could find no way to remove the earpieces - and even if I could, the little wire attached to them looks like it would not allow them to be moved far enough away from the headpiece to allow use by a second person.

Pull the metal slide adjusters (that hold the headphone cup to the headband) all the way out.  With the top of the headphone cup pressed against the sliders, pull the slider out of one side of the cup, and then do the same to the other side of the cup.  Do the same thing to the other ear cup.  

With the headband dangling between the two earpieces, you should have about 2' of separation between the earpieces.  Reverse the prodcedure to put them back together.  Be sure to set the phones to mono if you want each singer to hear the same thing, or to Stereo if you want to give them separate feeds.

As long as you extend the metal sliders all the way out, the headphones should come out fairly easy.  And if you break them, I'll replace it.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

steve_halko

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2005, 10:59:06 PM »

Ok - thanx Harvey - yeah that worked, however I get only 12" of separation between the two earpieces. Not a problem though - I don't really foresee using them in that mode -- at that price, if I need to cover more ears, I'll buy more headphones!

Steve

SDSMITH

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2005, 12:27:46 AM »

For monitoring:Koss PRO-4AAA (the old ones-not the piece of shit they made to satisfy the hip-hop crowd). No-nothing really sounds "great" on them, but in 25 years I've never been suprised when I put the tracks up on a set of main monitors.
Scott D. Smith
Chicago Audio Works, Inc.

Brendan Thompson

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2005, 04:24:30 AM »

jakabo wrote on Thu, 06 May 2004 11:15

I'm going with the "tracking phones are a disposable commodity" idea. We give people a choice, $20 behringer's or $20 AKG's. These seem perfectly usable given the price range and the behringers seem to be relatively comfortable for longer periods of use. Also there was a review in the last TapeOp about some cheap Sennheisers.

Likely the HD202's, which IMHO, smoke the cheap Sony's and AKG's around the same price range. Problems with the cables where they join the earcups though...

debuys wrote on Sat, 22 May 2004 17:36

I have 4 Fostex T40's and a Pair of T50'2.

Ironic part is when I bought these one of the reasons was the replaceable cable. At least that part is still good.

I've had to deal with dodgy cables on the T40's all year at school. It's not the cables that are the problem, rather the way they connect into the left earcup...
http://home.no.net/nightguy/images/teambunny2.gif

I'm currently out of my mind, please leave a message after the scream...

smallbutfine

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2005, 12:24:49 PM »

I recommend "Vic Firth" headphones for all uses, where it should be "quiet" in- and outside your phones. Never heard such a power and dampening factor before. Sound *is* a little bit coloured but you can get used to it very fast. For studio works i cross check with sennheiser after recording.
They are very cheap (79,-Euro for me). We bought them at thomann/germany and were afraid they won't fit our needs (cheap sound or quality) but after trying out the first evening never thought of giving them back.
A definite "must have" for drummers (means: it is so *closed* and *powerful* as it has be made for it at first) and very recommended as studio phones if you are on budget. And yes, they are *heavy* maybe a little but uncomfortable, but reliable and cheap!

kind regards

Martin
- knowledge rules -

hargerst

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2005, 04:47:47 PM »

Well, we now have a European distributor, so our evil empire is expanding.  You can get MoreMe's from:

http://www.audioagencyeurope.com

The Standard phones sell for 20,-Euro, and the Deluxe model sells for 25,-Euro.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

lharless

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2005, 06:56:21 PM »

i use the mdr 7506.

i own one pair.  and i also use a set of ofstex t20rp's for some things too.  but they're not as nie as the sony's.

in my opinion...
-Sine Pari-

daQuad

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2005, 04:41:29 PM »

I think this was kicked around on whatever works, but this seems a good thread for the archive, eh? That said;

Beyer DT770 - Great upper midrange definition w/big boomy bass, good seal for less leakage. Comfortable but hot  $200-ish

Sennheiser eh2270 - good seal, very smooth and neutral if maybe a bit dull  MY preferrence for tracking right now  $170-ish

AKG K44 - For $20 bucks the seal is OK, real comfortable and easy to adjust, don't tangle in hair. The sound, OK but not great, but a good studio-public disposable, the $30 K55 is a bit more open sounding.

Fostex 44, sound ok, leak in mics, I borroed them a couple of yrs ago, glad i didnt buy em.
"Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa

thehaneyplace

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2008, 12:44:41 PM »

I just  found a pair of the “Old Skool” Pro4AAA’s, and they’re already my favorites! Mint condition, I love the padded headband… not just comfortable, but destined to last far longer than the new version that you speak of, with the spongy pad that will probably crumble away in due time. Also like the D shaped cups, as opposed to the newer ones… after all, ain’t that pretty much how yer EARS are shaped?!
Yard sale find, four whole dollars… the kind of thing that gets my tail wagging! A+
Rolling Eyes

smallbutfine

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 08:20:43 PM »

Well, my brother and I stumbled over an old headphone in the cellar, a Sennheiser HD250 Linear, and found out it was reissued in an MK2 version. So we bought new cushions (they are really prone to disintegrate) and tested again - wow!
Highly recommended headphones for studio use, even for very very long sessions they are not fatiguing. Reaching very deep (5 Hz in the spec? Does anyone need this?) and very balanced overall. I guess the reissue might be that good as well.
Not too high priced for the value, which is really GREAT.

Kind regards,
Martin
- knowledge rules -

Colin Larson

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »

Anyone ever try the sony mdr-v150's?  They're like 20 bucks at walmart and they sound good for the price... I've tried a lot of cheapo headphones and these blow the rest out of the water at their price point.  I've broken and repaired my AKG K240's three times in the time I've had these, and they continue to work flawlessly.

http://www.digitgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/sonymdr.jpg

mumbles

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »

We just switched to all Fostex.
The 20, the 40 and the 50.
We have a pair of the Extreme Isolation, too.
Some drummers love them.
Seamus
Upstate, NY

Shillyer

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2009, 09:04:39 PM »

I use AKG K271 MKII's as my "nice" pair. I use HD202's in situations where I am worried about my headphones or if i am lending them to people. The 202's are a great bang for your buck although the connectors eventually go on them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.