R/E/P > Recording Hardware Products

Headphones your all using

<< < (2/12) > >>

hargerst:
j.hall wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 14:31
i use whatever the studio i booked has for tracking

i see sony's more then anything....

harvey, what do you think of your grados?

i really want to get a pair and have heard that the SR80's are great but for a little more money you can get better bass response with the 225's

what are you thoughts?
The Sony's are pretty much the standard for tracking, but I think they're pretty hyped in the top end - at least for my tastes.

The Grados are wonderful, but unusable for serious decision making - they literally make everything sound great.

Innominandum:
hargerst wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 15:23
The Grados are wonderful, but unusable for serious decision making - they literally make everything sound great.

Have you heard the RS1's? I'm seriously looking to getting a pair of those but I'm not interested if they have that problem.

hargerst:
Dylan Bowker wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 19:32
hargerst wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 15:23

Have you heard the RS1's? I'm seriously looking to getting a pair of those but I'm not interested if they have that problem.

They may work great for you; to me, they just made everything sound so good, I couldn't use them for serious evaluations.

j.hall:
hmmmmmmm

what are you using for mix phones?

hargerst:
j.hall wrote on Mon, 03 May 2004 09:00
hmmmmmmm

what are you using for mix phones?

For the most part, I don't use mix phones.  For a mix that "seems" to translate fairly well (for me), I like the open backed Radio Shack Optimus Nova 67, made by Koss.  They're comfortable, and I don't hear any hype in any of the frequency bands.  

They really have an "unglamorous" sound, very neutral.

I know, I know - they're cheap, not very prestigious, and they have a dinky cord, but they work well for me.

For tracking, the $20 MoreMe's have worked out great and saved me hundreds of dollars in broken phones over the last year. (I currently have about 5 broken Sony 7506's, 8 broken Koss Rock and Roll Hall of Fame phones, and 5 broken Grado SR-60's and SR-80's.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version