R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archiving...  (Read 629 times)

Nizzle

Archiving...
« on: October 15, 2007, 12:58:48 am »

When you folks finish a project, how do you archive it?

store the hard drive, tape backup, optical media...lay it on me.

I will say that I am partial to an optical media archive(DVD-DL) - but not so excited about the time it takes...Also not too excited about application specific archives....Perhaps consolidating time aligned audio files so as to avoid audio "regions" which then have to be "assembled" via a particular application.

It seems there is no simple AND bullet proof solution....Would love to hear some solutions you've all come up with.

thnx.

-t

MI

Re: Archiving...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:01:05 pm »

I've been doing the DVD+RW during a project while leaving it on my 3rd HD and DVD+R at the end of a project for final archive.

Not crazy about it because I usually need 1 DVD for 2-3 songs, but it's a very good cost wise and usefull as a 2nd means of back up. I will .RAR each song prior to final archive.

I thought about HP DAT back up which is 75 gigs, but that takes a lot of time to save and access later. Tape cost is reasonable (except for the actual HP DAT unit) and the media archive is much more reliale long term than DVD.

The HD option is nice because you can always get a tray and pop in the drive and access it quickly. A little more expensive, but this can easily be billed as part of a project ahead of time.

Easier than that is a USB or Firewire HD for back up.

Mario
Pages: [1]   Go Up