R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TL Audio EQ-1  (Read 4366 times)

echorec

TL Audio EQ-1
« on: May 01, 2004, 05:07:20 PM »

Is this any good? I have been offered one in a trade.

Thanks.

otek

Re: TL Audio EQ-1
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 05:18:21 PM »

echorec wrote on Sat, 01 May 2004 23:07

Is this any good? I have been offered one in a trade.

Thanks.

It's a unit that's been getting a lot of kudos from a lot of people... TLA apparently did a limited production run of them a year or two ago.

Personally, I think it's a decent unit... nothing to write home about, but it does the job well enough. Certainly I like it better than, say, the Focusrite stuff in the same price range.
Behr*nger - Just say "nein"

- dwoz

Jim Dugger

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 07:39:35 PM »

I've got a C1, the compressor pre.

The compressor is all right.  Nothing fantastic, but not bad.  It's a bit "slow" sometimes, and that can be just right.

The pre in the box is very... "ok".  Nothing special, solid-state, op-amp sounding pre.

I'm pretty sure mine is going to find its way to EBay this week.

Jules

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 07:12:31 AM »

The Grey 'classic' units are supposed to run on higher voltage or something than the ivory series.

I have a bit of gear voodoo to impart about them.

I have found my unit has a weird magical quality when used for live 'guide' guitar tracks. By that I mean that several times I have found that swapping them over for say, one of the 'better' pre's used on the drum tracks (like an API) after tracking HASNT come up with a better sound for the 're-do' track. So I regard my TLA EQ-1 as a semi voodoo unit - good for guide guitar tracks!!??

Also if you get the pliars out, they can deliver some cool hyped HF "breathy' top end that is beloved in pop, harmony  & R&B vocals. (some folks also like the NTI units for this HF boost thing) So I find em the 'go to' eq for stacked BVox / Harmony recording.....a little twist here, a little twist there helps each harmony find its own place in the stack. (v cool for Beach Boy style stuff etc) -

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.