R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: George Please Fix MDW EQ  (Read 4218 times)

Dutchmuzik

George Please Fix MDW EQ
« on: April 30, 2004, 11:53:02 PM »

HI

I don't know exactly what is involved but your MDW EQ shows up in the new PT 6.4 plug-in list under "other" plug-in instead of "EQ". Can you fix this, thanks.

George Massenburg

Re: George Please Fix MDW EQ
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 06:38:50 AM »

Dutchmuzik wrote on Fri, 30 April 2004 22:53

HI

I don't know exactly what is involved but your MDW EQ shows up in the new PT 6.4 plug-in list under "other" plug-in instead of "EQ". Can you fix this, thanks.

I've had this fixed for awhile now.  We're trying to figure out how to distribute it.

I assume you're already 10.2.x or 10.3.x (we're probably not going to release a fix for OS9).   But let me ask you: what are you running now?  Are you going to 6.4 soon?

George

Dutchmuzik

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 10:57:13 AM »

I'm running PT6.4 TDM installed it yesterday. Most plug-ins show up in the correct folders, even the Waves stuff, but the following don't. MDW EQ, all SoundToys, EchoFarm,AmpFarm,Autotune. From what I understand now from Digi it has to do with how the manufacturer labels the plug-in. Thanks, George

George Massenburg

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 04:00:21 PM »

Dutchmuzik wrote on Sat, 01 May 2004 09:57

I'm running PT6.4 TDM installed it yesterday. Most plug-ins show up in the correct folders, even the Waves stuff, but the following don't. MDW EQ, all SoundToys, EchoFarm,AmpFarm,Autotune. From what I understand now from Digi it has to do with how the manufacturer labels the plug-in. Thanks, George

Exactly.  But we put this out long before 6.4, and didn't test for "catagories".

George

Dutchmuzik

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 06:06:15 PM »

Ok, so can you fix it and post an update please  Very Happy

Erik

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 10:48:02 PM »

Note that you can turn off the category view under preferences and/or create your own categories with the TLLabs stuff.

I personally find all the hierarchy under the plug-ins menu to be a bit disconcerting...

--Erik
Erik Gavriluk, Bomb Factory Recording Studios
"The modern trouble is not the use of machinery, but the abuse of it." --Gustav Stickley, 1909

Will Russell

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 09:33:23 AM »

Hi George,

Is it possible that this folder issue is related to the fact that the MDW EQ does not light the EQ button on the ProControl or Control24 like it used to? (BTW- I would love a fix for this. Every other EQ works ok except the MDW.)
Will Russell
Electric Wilburland Studio
http://www.wilburland.com

George Massenburg

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2004, 01:37:04 PM »

Wilburguy wrote on Sat, 15 May 2004 08:33

Hi George,

Is it possible that this folder issue is related to the fact that the MDW EQ does not light the EQ button on the ProControl or Control24 like it used to? (BTW- I would love a fix for this. Every other EQ works ok except the MDW.)

I'm sure that this is the problem.  As I said, we've fixed it...we count on Digidesign for support and distribution, so in a way it's in their court.  I will keep pushing them, though...

George

p.s. Did you buy this from a dealer?  If so, would you please nag your dealer to nag Chris Bach at Digi to get on the ball?

Kirk_Candlish

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 03:00:26 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but I'll damned if MDW EQ doesn't work just fine when I load it from my 'other' folder. Hardly seems like much of an issue since it's always there, albeit in the wrong place, but consistent none the less.

George Massenburg

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 05:33:41 AM »

I should work no matter where it's loaded from.  The "EQ" light won't light, of course.

We have one more obscure bug in the "multi-mono" configuration where occasionally one side mutes (it's corrected by anything that "shuffles" I/O, like randomly loading any other plug in some unused location).  Still looking for this one.

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.