R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: (merged) B-52 Nukes Headed for Iran, Not For Decommissioning: Airforce Refused  (Read 5682 times)

Tidewater

Re: B-52 Nukes Headed for Iran, Not For Decommissioning: Airforce Refused
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 01:51:01 PM »

You guys are idiots.

Did anyone say, "kill all Iranians."?

War is on, we are losing, btw.. I do see why.

Have your one-sided argument with yourselves, whatever makes you feel best. You don't make reality, you either participate in it, or not. I have none left to say to you.

Good luck, Tom Corbet.

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

mgod

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »

Tom Corbette...so cool.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

maxdimario

you know there's little to laugh about when the people running the country start 'exporting' cruise missiles with nuclear warheads to a place where a war is going on
Bush said there were nuclear weapons in the hands of arabs and he's gonna do it one way or another. Laughing

Fox

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 02:36:18 PM »

Tidewater wrote on Tue, 02 October 2007 13:51

You guys are idiots.

Did anyone say, "kill all Iranians."?

War is on, we are losing, btw.. I do see why.

Have your one-sided argument with yourselves, whatever makes you feel best. You don't make reality, you either participate in it, or not. I have none left to say to you.

Good luck, Tom Corbet.

M

War isn't on with Iran yet. Nukes don't distinguish between soldiers and babies, not to mention the radiation...

Iran is a fairly small country with a fairly high population. Nuke Tehran, you're halfway to being Hitler already.

One of the many, many reasons that you are losing the Iraq war is that more people are embracing extremist philosophies; One of the reasons more people are embracing extremist philosophies is because many more people have lost family members from bombing and occupation, so they tend see the US as villains. Your solution to this problem is "Drop more bombs on 'em!"??

Way to think ahead.

Joe Black

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »

Fox wrote on Tue, 02 October 2007 11:14

Well, this one guy volunteered to be Hitler x 11, Max left the CIA and we're quickly approaching a cross-dressing gay orgy.

I'm having a whisky sour and shaking my head in shame.

Fox

I am not gay. Just because I like to have sex with the same sex in public restrooms does not make me gay. Just because I advocate killing 65million Iranians for something they MIGHT have or MIGHT do, does not make me Hitler.

Now make up your face like Hitler, put on those damn falsies and bend over the fucking toilet, I'm going totally not gay on your ass.

maxdimario

violence breeds madness

organica

Knock yourself out http://debka.com/

DEBKAfile reports: Russians employed at Iran's Bushehr nuclear reactor suddenly depart in a body, according to local Arab sources

October 1, 2007, 11:32 AM (GMT+02:00)

The Khorramshar News Agency, which is published by the ethnic Arab underground of Iran's oil-rich Khuzestan, reported early Oct. 1 that the entire staff of Russian nuclear engineers and experts employed in building the nuclear reactor at Bushehr had abruptly packed their bags Friday, Sept. 28, and flew back to Russia. The agency's one-liner offers no source or explanation. DEBKAfile have obtained no corroboration of its report from any other source.
The story appears to have originated with the ethnic Arabs who live near the reactor or who come in contact with its Russian staff. If true, DEBKAfile can offer three hypothetical scenarios to account for the Russians' precipitate departure:
1. Another crisis has cropped up in the patchy Russian-Iranian dealings over the Bushehr reactor. This is unlikely because Russian president Vladimar Putin is due for a high-profile visit to Tehran on Oct. 16, when he plans to sign a series of nuclear accords with the Islamic Republic. Furthermore, Moscow, like Beijing, stands foursquare behind Iran's efforts to delay harsher sanctions for its continued uranium enrichment. Only this week, the two powers gained Iran two to three months grace by forcing a delay in the UN Security Council session that was to have approved a third round of sanctions.
2. Moscow or Tehran has been tipped off that a US or Israeli attack is imminent on the Bushehr plant and Iran's other nuclear installations and acted to whip Russian personnel out of harms way.
3. Moscow has learned that an Iranian pre-emptive attack is imminent against American targets in Iraq and the Persian Gulf and/or Israel.
Aside from these hypothetical scenarios, DEBKAfiles Iranian sources report that the Khorramshar News Agency keeps its ear to the ground on happenings in Bushehr, because it is claimed by Khuzistan separatists as Arab land which they will fight to liberate from Iranian occupation.

Barry Hufker

Yep.... Iran....

Iraq - "I-raq" my brains trying to figure a way out of this debacle.

Iran - "I-ran" away from the mushroom cloud there -- and the one in New York.

Barry

rankus

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 01:38:49 PM »

Well theres nothing like a couple of nukes parked outside the gates to get your attention... Not that I have an opinion as to whether it's a good idea or not.

(trying to get back on topic;)

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

phantom309

I'm not really getting a clear picture here with these posts.

A. DO you guys think Iran is building a nuke arsenal?

B. Do you think they'll use it or, at least, THREATEN to use it?

C. They obviously don't respond to diplomacy. What should be done about it? Nothing?

Regardless of all the nefarious things the west is guilty of, what next???
Those that can't get carried away, should be.
http://www.audities.org
http://www.mellotron.com
http://www.myspace.com/auditiesrecording
David T. Kean

Jay Kadis

The US has thousands of nuclear warheads.  There are also nuclear-armed submarines all over the world at any given time.  Do you not think there are sufficient US nuclear weapons in the gulf already?

Iranian politicians may be a lot of things but they are most likely not suicidal idiots.  They have no hope of ever matching the US nuclear arsenal and they must know that.  They may want to manipulate their fledgling nuclear program into a bargaining chip as North Korea has apparently done.  They are walking a very tight line in the game but probably see their potential nuclear threat as their "ace-in-the-hole".   The problem is that Bush (Cheney) has his own agenda and we've seen the result of that in Iraq.  This could easily get out of hand if Congress doesn't tie the executive branch's hands WRT Iran.

The whole idea of nuclear weapon use is problematic as we learned with the 50-year standoff with the USSR.  Even tactical nuclear warheads carry an onus that has prevented their use until now.  Any nation that uses them risks universal ostracism at the least and annihilation at worst.  So barring certifiable insanity (which I'm afraid we cannot completely discount...) there is unlikely to be anyone willing to push the button.

mgod

I see the North Korean situation as different from Iran because of its alliance with China. Is Iran allied with Russia? It seems to me Iran is more on its own. Also, the President isn't really the person to be paying attention to, although he does all the attention-getting things. We don't see much coverage of what the religious leadership has to say about this but that's where the power is, and where the decisions are made, as I understand it.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Jay Kadis

Yes, Iran does have alliances with Russia, but rumor has it the Russians have left the building, as it were.  Reportedly the Russian technicians have been withdrawn from the nuclear facilities in Iran, which is a bit ominous.

There is significant question about who is in ultimate control in Iran and Ahmadinejad doesn't have the final say.  It's a pretty complicated situation to make sense of.  When I was in college there were many Iranian students in US universities.  I often wonder how they have managed back in Iran.  I suspect there is a significant undercurrent of liberal opposition that is buried deep in the Iranian population.  I hope it comes out before it's too late.

rankus

My thought is that sending the missiles over and the "leaked" story is similar to being in argument and opening your jacket to show that you have a pistol on your belt... A quiet reminder that one has the upper hand (as others have mentioned in this thread)

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.