R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Tune Tips and Tricks  (Read 20279 times)

groovietuner

Re: Auto Tune Tips and Tricks
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 11:25:19 PM »

I know this post goes back a bit in time, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents for those looking through the posts (like me).

Auto-tune has a feature that follows a midi file to get the appropriate pitch to tune to.  It may be easier for a really messed up track to go through and create the midi file.  It's also an easy way to create the robo effect, just have the "singer" stay on one pitch and have auto tune follow the midi.

theo mack

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 11:28:42 PM »

You need to decide if you want to spend hours tuning a bad vocal or spend hours in a vocal session getting it right line by line.

If you do go the AT route, graphic mode one phrase at a time.

The new melodyne uno is also worth checking out. I am considering going over to uno and leaving at behind.
theo mack
Freelance Audio Guy

Las Vegas, NV.

Vertigo

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 03:26:43 PM »

I only use it on words or phrases that need it. I'll snip the line (I'm a Nuendo user), go into Automatic mode (Chromatic), and then Preview so I can watch the piano and see what's going on with the notes. I'll find which note he's hitting wrong and mute it out, along with the unnecessary notes either above or below it (depending on where I want it to go). Then it's just a couple of quick tweaks to the Retune and Choosiness, print, and DONE. With practice all of this takes less than a minute.

I also find AT VERY handy on guitar solos with pitchy bends...

-Lance

peyemp

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 02:21:35 AM »

The best way to "Autotune" something something in my humble opinion is to use Celemony Melodyne.  

Cheecher

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 04:05:24 PM »

Fibes wrote on Tue, 04 May 2004 10:07

Last night i used Autotune on the right and left (both set different) sides of a vocal delay to get that modern rock modulation thing happening. It may be pretty cool, we'll see a little later...

Fibes:  I did that once on a stacked vocal. I did not like the stacked sound, and had AT on both tracks, but set a little different, and by accident had them both playing but panned. By the time I was done, I had one of the coolest vocal effects I had ever done. I filtered one, and sent it through real verb. I was fairly proud of that discovery.  Very Happy

Hope yours turns out well.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.