R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licensing deals for Ring Tones & Call Waiting  (Read 3747 times)

Keyplayer

Licensing deals for Ring Tones & Call Waiting
« on: September 14, 2007, 10:57:42 PM »

Do you guys know anything about licensing deals for Ring Tones or Call Waiting music?

I've got a client who wants me to build some loops for some Call Waiting clients that he has. I can quote the actual music construction. But I don't know what kind of fees a typical licensing deal for this format generates.

Film Scores, Jingles, Corporate off air video, I know. But Ring Tones and Call waiting is a first for me. Can anybody give me any advice here?

Tomas Danko

Re: Licensing deals for Ring Tones & Call Waiting
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 04:43:00 AM »

Regarding ring tones, over here in Sweden you just register the track to STIM (our equivalent to ASCAP etc) and they cut deals with the ring tone distributors.

I noticed I still get a couple of hundred bucks a year from ring tones of a single I released some twelve years ago.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Keyplayer

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 07:45:40 AM »

Anybody here in the U.S. know anything about the Call Waiting deals? That's what on the table in front of me right now.

Keyplayer

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 04:52:32 PM »

I kind of need to get the clearest picture I can get before Wednesday.

Is there any kind of standardized formula used for calculating the price? For instance, I got a project last year for an NFL team fight song for home games. It was the theme for when they came onto the field. The guy who got me the gig said that the pricing would be based on the average attendance expected over a normal year (this would be paid quartely) with additional revenues to be paid if the team went to the Super Bowl.

So is there anything like that for calls? I know James Earl Jones got millions on a half cent (one half of one penny!)deal for the Verizon! When you called the information number, you would hear him say "Verizon 411." That's it! He got millions for that. So would "Mike's Accountancy" get 1000 calls a day over ten lines or 100 calls over 2 lines. Obviously the wait time would be far less thus utilizing the Call Waiting loop far less. Where as "the bank" is pretty much gaurenteed thousands of calls per day over a hundred lines and also gaurenteed to be a longer wait time for the caller. I just need a ball park figure to start. Anything at all that an informed reader could advise.

What constitutes a typical deal for this genre? Confused

Keyplayer

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:47:02 AM »

Hello? Anybody? Somebody?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 19 queries.