R/E/P > Brad Blackwood

2 Questions... (1 Odd, 1 Not)

(1/3) > >>

sui-city:
Hi all

Just 2 quick questions:

1. Do any of you mastering engineers use iZ Radar as a playback system?

2. This is an odd one: What kind of chair do you use? I started wondering whether there would be reflection issues with a high-back chair. Does this make sense?

Thank you all in advance.

bblackwood:
sui-city wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 08:32
Hi all
1. Do any of you mastering engineers use iZ Radar as a playback system?

Not here.

Quote:
2. This is an odd one: What kind of chair do you use? I started wondering whether there would be reflection issues with a high-back chair. Does this make sense?

Herman Miller Aeron chairs here. I can sit in these for 8 hours a day and still feel great when I get up...

lucey:
sui-city wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 08:32

Sure it does, tall back chairs, especially if they were a hard surface would be terribly reflective ... luckily they'd be uncomfortable too.

Even a Ball Cap is a distortion box ...

If you're worried, lean forward and back to hear if the chair is doing anything, or have someone pull it away while you listen to a looped passage.

I sit in this discontinued leather chair

sui-city:
Thanks for the answers people.

Brad,

Do you think iZ Radar with Lavry converters would be a bad idea? Or is the Radar just something to avoid?

The thought of having a dedicated digital playback systems, that costs a third the price of Alsihad, i find very appealing.

Not having heard the Radar, I am just unsure.

Thanks again.

bblackwood:
sui-city wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 16:23
Do you think iZ Radar with Lavry converters would be a bad idea? Or is the Radar just something to avoid?

Actually, from what I've heard, the Radar converters might be fine. They sound quite good, though I haven't heard them alongside the Lavrys. I'd give them a listen before simply ordering them.

Quote:
The thought of having a dedicated digital playback systems, that costs a third the price of Alsihad, i find very appealing.

Agreed, but why not use a second computer (or even just a second sound card) to play back dig files?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version