R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: The best music Download site  (Read 23610 times)

Xtra Large

The best music Download site
« on: September 05, 2007, 10:59:50 AM »

Hey my peeps,

Trying to find out which download music site is the best and why? Do you know? Let me know...

Thanks

XTRA
Xtra Large

Thomas Lester

Re: The best music Download site
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 02:30:15 PM »

iTunes.  It's stupid simple.

theremin

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 08:18:02 PM »

i am liking spiralfrog.com

free downloads, just deal with adds, and you get legal music. Smile  no drm either, so I can burn a sample CD and pop it in my truck Smile

i hope the business model works for them so everyone gets paid and we get free music Razz

S!
Jason
RecordingJunkie.com - User driven audio equipment library
Studio Search - Register so people can find your studio!

theremin

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »

well i was wrong about burning a cd from spiralfrog Razz.  digital rights management.  can only listen to the music on mp3 players like the zune, it isnt compatible with the ipod either. Sad  so i can only listen to these tunes on my computer Sad

oh well, I guess that is fine since they were free Smile

Jason
RecordingJunkie.com - User driven audio equipment library
Studio Search - Register so people can find your studio!

chorga1

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 02:40:35 PM »

Forget downloading. Just use Pandora.com for free and quit worrying about your music collection.

Also available on Sprint and AT&T cells so you can take it with you!

aranos

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 06:56:38 AM »

Excuse me sir, but how can it be legal if it is free? Do you think artists are giving it away through your spiralfrog? My stuff is being sold as downloads, ringtones or given away by at least 50 sites (to my knowledge), all claiming to be legal. None of them have my permission, I do not get any money from them, they do not answer e-mails (of course). As long as people like you go along with this, musicians and and studios will work for nothing, while the internet based thieving scum is making money. Please use your brain guys, especially if you are in the business, as I presume you are.
Sorry if it sounds angry , I am not, just bemused.

aranos

aranos

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 09:05:37 AM »

Brent Handy

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 06:01:01 PM »

It's simple stupid.  We aren't supposed to be paid anything for music, because it is so simple that anyone can do it.  We make too much money anyway.  We don't need big studios and stuff.  We can go to Guitar Center and spend a couple of grand on a 002 and some foam and it's the same thing.  Power to the people.

I can't believe people think this way.  It is insane.

garret

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »

For the record, Pandora is a fully-legit, internet radio site.  They pay RIAA net radio fees, which they can afford by selling web ads and ad-free subscriptions.  The license is for streaming to computers in the U.S.A. only right now, but they're working on changing that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_%28music_service%29

Nifty too... the Music Genome Project engine is very good at learning the stuff you like, and tailoring the playlists.  Sound quality is pretty good, by comparison to FM radio (128kbps, but no Orban hypercompression!).

They're shipping standalone versions now, on a Squeezebox device.  So you run a wifi network, and this thing works like a radio but tunes into Pandora instead of AM/FM.
http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html

I believe smart net radio services like this are one of our best hopes for good music bubbling up to the masses... if your song gets in the database, and matches up to something people already know, and they respond to your tune, it will find ears.

-Garret
tomorrow is already here - http://www.worksongs.net/

djwayne

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 02:34:21 PM »

SoundClick has lots of independent artists with lots on new music. Check it out here.

http://www.soundclick.com/

chorga1

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 04:13:30 PM »

Pandora.com

Why?

Cuz I work here silly!

boojum

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »

eMusic for me.  I have been using it for a while now.  All LAME V@ VBR compression (that's good compression) and all legit.  In the past they had a flat fee for all you could download.  Now it is so much per track, like thirty cents.  Lots of jazz and blues and some alright classical.  I have no idea about the current indie offerings.
Nov schmoz kapop

i dig music

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »

R. Steele

T. Mueller

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 01:50:44 PM »

I regularly use iTunes, Amie Street and eMusic for downloads for the iPhone for when I'm working out or whatever.

philmagnotta

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »

Hello aranos:

I am thinking seriously regarding the new digital age of music and its transfer, et al.
For example:
In the past and still present, we may directly record signals from FM or AM radio with no accusations of thievery.
Regarding your situation, which I obviously don't have much info about it, it seems like you have a legitimate complaint.
However, I fear that the whole matter, not just music distribution, but just about every thing dealing with digital or rather digital 's impact and ability to impact almost every facet of modern life is just too much.
The constant reminder from various digitized voices, pop-ups, EULA, etc, etc coupled with an almost - or worse than Orwell's 1984 ...Security for our sakes is pushing harder everyday.
I could write almost indefinitely about this, but...
Just some thoughts on the matter.
Unfortunately, music is one example of this system that I wish could be handled in a different manner.
Any thoughts?  
phil

Steve Kennedy-Williams

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »

My favorite download sites are.

1. Archive.org's Live Music Archive.
http://www.archive.org/details/etree

It's a curated site that only allows recordings to be posted if it matches the band's taping and trading policies.

2. bt.etree.org is a bittorrent site for recordings that also follow band taping and trading policies.

3. http://livedownloads.com/ is where I go when I want a official band release of a show I attended.

These three sites have lossless files in FLAC or Shorten as well as mp3s.

4. If don't want a whole CD, I'll buy a track in mp3 format from Amazon.com's store.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 16 queries.