R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drawmer 1968??  (Read 3813 times)

macca

Drawmer 1968??
« on: April 28, 2004, 05:47:58 PM »

I'd heard about the possibility of this compressor-only version of the Drawmer 1969 a while ago, but have heard no news recently

anyone know if/when this compressor will become available and, if so, what the street price will be?

thanks

macca

Re: Drawmer 1968??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:18:14 AM »

hmmmmm

I wonder in this case if no news is good news . . . or no news is bad news . . .

Fletcher

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 12:03:09 PM »

Only one "approval" stage left... we've signed off on the prototype, just need to sign off on a production unit and it'll be on the street... what I heard before was most excellent, I'm going to assume that the "production unit" will be a rubber stamp thing [they usually are]... so I'd guess that you'll see these at your favorite dealers in about 3 weeks... 4 weeks tops.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

bloodstone

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 12:39:18 PM »

Is it an exact reproduction of the compressor section of the 1969 sans mic pres & DI?  Thanks.

Fletcher

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 12:45:46 PM »

For the most part... there were a couple of things added... like the "Big" switch is now on each channel individually, there is some meter stuff, and some PSU stuff... nothing major, but stuff I wanted.  It's also going to be 1RU instead of two, which for me, as someone who travels quite a bit, was a biggie.
CN Fletcher

If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

macca

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 07:39:10 PM »

that's great news, Fletcher

I'm looking forwad to auditioning the 1968 on the 2-buss and on the drum sub mix

thanks for the info

Min Dara

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 07:40:41 PM »

What's the price gonna be?

Fletcher

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

It's going to street for $2,150... when it was originally proposed we thought it was going to run around $2,250... but we were able to get the price down without cutting any corners [and actually adding a couple of features], so we're all pretty stoked about it...
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.