R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IMP14 discussion  (Read 18831 times)

ATOR

Re: IMP14 discussion
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2007, 12:03:56 PM »

Another IMP with very diverse mixes.

Here are my comments:

Adam Miller
Meaty sound, Guitars have too much lo-mids and cloud the vocals. You cut out the break, it does keep the pace going.

Audio~Geek
The low end is a boomy mess. Guitarsound is big but too loud in volume, I like to hear more drums. Vocals are a bit thin and sibilant.

Baddo
Snare sounds punchy but could use more ambience/plate to get bigger. I like to hear more bassguitar. Good guitars. Maybe you could make the vocals more prominent.

Boedoconstrictor
This one could use guitar timing editing. Balance is good. I like the drums. Great mix.

Briefcasemanx
The guitars take up too much room esp the lo-mids could use cleaning up. Fill the space you get with drums and I'm a happy man. The rest of the mix sounds great.

ChrisJ
Overpowering lo-mids. The lead guitar sounds seriously AM-radio fucked up. You've shown that you still can do that without using your homegrown plugs Very Happy Drums could use more body and ambience. Balance is good.

Darkhorsereporter
Cymbals sound like noise. The space from the leadvocals doesn't match the band. The hi-end really hurts. If this sounds good in your studio I'd check if you haven't blown up your tweeters. I have to use a -10dB hi-shelf from 9k to be able to listen to this.

DevinK
Lo-mids could use more attention. The guitars, bass and kick fight in that area. Nice spacey break.

Fantomas
Drums could use more presence, they're too far away except the kick which is very close. Guitars are overpowering esp lo-mids. BG vox are very far away. The distortion on the bass doesn't work that well on the (out of tune) bass-harmonies.

HLabb
Great separation and sound. Wow yeah, this is a great mix. No compromises on timing, nice out of tune bass/piano solo fix. There are some clicks when the guitar parts end but hey nothing is perfect. Respect!

ICombs
Low end is muddy. Guitars too loud. Vocals are sibilant. The sounds are pretty good but need some fixes to really shine through. The pumping compression kills the mix.

Jason Thompson
Very middy sounding band. The vocals are great. The drumspace is too small compared to how wide the guitars are: the guitars are 50ft apart but the drums are in a 12ft room. Balance is good.

JHall
It’s a good starting point, now all you have to do is make everything louder Laughing

Just Go
This mix needs more work, sounds like a faders up mix.

M Carter
Nice intro. Low end is muddy. Kick is a little too ponderous. Snare is too loud which I wouldn’t mind if the vocals were louder. I see you made some radio edits. I don’t like the church choir breakdown.

MacBraddy
Sounds are big. I’d like to hear more bassguitar. I don’t like the bandpassed vocals, it’s nice as an effect but not for the whole song. Good separation and balance.

Maxim
It all sounds muddy and far away except the vocals and lead guitar and the drumsample break. The airplane hangar delay/reverb on the guitar was a bad idea.

MsSnare
Yeah, another great mix. The track would be more direct if the vocal and drum space was smaller and less obvious. Kick is a little too loud in the (lo-)mid freqs, the bassguitar could use more room there. I think you forgot the toms.

Osumosan
Promising start but then the mix gets killed by an overdose of compression. I think the sounds and balance are very good but man the compression.

Ryst
Guitars are too loud, I like more drums and way more bass.  

Singsing
Cymbals are all highs but the snare sounds muffled. Separation is good. Vocals could use some more body. It’s dynamic wise too flat to keep me interested.

Soul Fire
Guitars lack bottom. Vocals are sibilant and distant. Drums could use more power and presence.

Southboundloco
Drums need more punch and presence. Guitars are too loud. I don’t like the compression killing the loud parts. I like the snare delay in the break.

Teleric
Leadguitar in intro is too loud. Balance is good. Leadvocal could use more power. Drums could use more presence. The tapedelay feels alien here.
Pieter Vincenten - ATORmastering

Gabriel F

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2007, 01:14:02 PM »

osumosan, the vocals feels like they could have more low mids or maybe a louder delay o reverb treatment to add some depth.
in fact the actual raw tracks lacked some power to me, it sounds like a decent chinese microphone but i could be wrong, especially if you compare the sound against the drums that sounded pretty good.

iCombs

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »

fantomas wrote on Wed, 29 August 2007 12:14

osumosan, the vocals feels like they could have more low mids or maybe a louder delay o reverb treatment to add some depth.
in fact the actual raw tracks lacked some power to me, it sounds like a decent chinese microphone but i could be wrong, especially if you compare the sound against the drums that sounded pretty good.

Sorta...Jeff's vocal was an ADK CE sent through a PreSonus M80 pre.  Adam's vocal was a Peluso 2247 through a TAB/Funkenwerks V78M.  

The irony here for me is that the drums were nothing really special in terms of mics.  57's on the snare...an ATM25 in the kick and a TLM 103 on the front of the kick...Studio Projects C4's (through presonus tubePre's) on the toms and a pair of 451's on the overheads...nothing really extravagant by any stretch of the imagination.  Especially if you saw the room.  Tiny.  Mouse-infested.  In the middle of freakin' nowhere.  All run into a Digi 001.

The thing that made these drums sound good was a good, hard-hitting drummer and a decently tuned good sounding kit (the heads were really old...especially the toms as Dave tends to snap snare heads like it's going out of style).  It really only takes DECENT engineering to make Dave sound good behind a drum kit.  If we take the time to really make sure everything is sounding killer...well...

When I get our new album mixed, I'll post some samples for y'all.  Suffice it to say that the API preamps we rented paid off big time...especially for drums.
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------
"Mista apareeatah... can I have maar beass at all frequencies?"

Gabriel F

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2007, 01:33:29 PM »

icombs, what guitar amplifiers did you use?.

iCombs

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »

On this track I believe we used a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 watt head and 1960A cab for Adam's tracks, and a modified Soldano SLO 100 watt head through a Carvin Legacy cab with Celestion Greenbacks for the other tracks (both Ryan's rhythm guitars and my overdubbed arpeggio in the lead guitar track).  If I remember correctly, both amps had an RE20 in front of them, though it's possible that I used a 57 on Adam's cab.
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------

iCombs

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2007, 06:21:50 PM »

ROUND TWO
---------

osoundman - I totally dig the aggression.  Holy shit.  The snare fits in there a little awkwardly to my ear, but I'm also used to hearing that as a smaller, tighter snare sound.  All in all, the whole track is a little too "pumpy" for my taste...and for this style of track, it might just be too pumpy in general.  I can really feel it in the guitar tracks, and that might be where it is the most distracting to me.  With the generally big open chords, that compressor isn't really controlling dynamics on a distorted guitar...a little for tone...I can hear you there, but that sounds a little overboard to me.

ATOR - I dig the grain in the guitar.  Kinda reminds me of McSnare's mix. The stereo split in the pre-chorus vocals is interesting, but it feels like it pushes them into the "no-man's land' of the Cardinal Points (tm), and kinda pushes them into the realm of the backing vocal when they're really not.  Warbly piano!  Edited vocals!  Interesting take on that!  I'm not sure you've got me sold on the piano, but I like the way you've built it up!  I'm not sure all the harmony stacks work in the last chorus...I think I made this comment previously, but those are some really dense harmonies to put over 3 guitars, bass, and piano.  Really good mix, though.  I like the control all the way through.  

ChrisJ - Man did your cymbals get washed by the mp3.  That lead guitar sounds like a pissed off hornet in a two-liter bottle!  The vocal treatments all sound really good...but dear sweet lord what did you do to that lead guitar track?  It sounds like a really angry resonant filter, though it's probably just a really, really tweaked EQ.  It really kinda stomps all over everything.  Everything else feels fairly strong, but I'd like to hear a little more from the snare and kick in the denser parts of the mix.  

Adam Miller - I like the polish in the drums right off the bat.  The delay on Jeff's vocal is really nice and tasteful.  Pre-chorus vocals sound a little back in the mix...and it might be nice to hear a little more sizzle out of the guitars and just a hair more grit out of the bass considering the punky nature of the riff.  Not sure I totally buy the edit in that verse, especially because of what it does to the vocal.  Had you left the vocal arrangement in there and then kept the riff going under that, you might've accomplished something a little smoother.  I like the mix parts...I'm not sold on the arrangement editing, but I think there's some room there to work.

southboundloco - holy mother of bright brass and guitars, batman!  That stuff is WAY aggressive, but there seems to be a cut in the upper mids that makes it sound kinda like everything is seperate from everything else.  The vocals are way on top of everything else, the bass is way under everything else, and the snare and the guitar sound like they are trying to avoid each other.  It generally lacks cohesion.  The guitars are really dominating the mix...and I'm not sure it's in a healthy way.  The drum delay in the break is distracting.  Also, your mix is shit hot.  What was on your master buss?

Baddo - right off the bat, the guitars feel a little small and a little condensed in the 3k region.  The snare has really good smack to it.  The whole mix feels a bit light in the low mids, which feels like it's really coming out of the guitars...some of the ear candy effects are cool...but some of them are better than others...the flange on the drum samples was slick.  The spinner on the clean guitars?  Not as cool.  I like the midrange punch of the bass, but it feels like it could be a little fatter on the bottom.  The balance work is generally solid, though...perhaps a look at your monitoring situation?
----------------------------------

Alrighty...I gotta grab some dinner...so I think that might be it for the day...but one more round of reviews and I should be done with mine.  I'm really trying to get a little more in depth with my reviews because it's my band's track and I"m pretty intimately familiar with what we wanted out of it...so hopefully I can give good input as far as that is concerned.
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------

southboundloco

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2007, 09:03:30 PM »

Quote:

southboundloco - holy mother of bright brass and guitars, batman! That stuff is WAY aggressive, but there seems to be a cut in the upper mids that makes it sound kinda like everything is seperate from everything else. The vocals are way on top of everything else, the bass is way under everything else, and the snare and the guitar sound like they are trying to avoid each other. It generally lacks cohesion. The guitars are really dominating the mix...and I'm not sure it's in a healthy way. The drum delay in the break is distracting. Also, your mix is shit hot. What was on your master buss?

hehe  Very Happy well there was no pointers on the desired outcome of the mix in the 1st place so i took it and ran with it Very Happy , thats my take on the song anyway i wanted it to sound main-stream pop rock aggressive Very Happy ,hence the wall of guitar sound. r u the drummer/bass player?...vocals... isn't that where its suppose to be?...i kinda did a bit of pseudo mastering but i was only taking out 1-2 db... Very Happy    
-=MUSIC is MINDANAO=-

southboundloco

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »

oh and if the breaks made u go "wtf was that?" then i achieved my goal Laughing   Laughing

nice song though fun to mix! Laughing
-=MUSIC is MINDANAO=-

osumosan

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2007, 01:07:38 AM »

M Carter wrote on Wed, 29 August 2007 10:37

osumosan -

Did you "vintage warm" the mix buss ?   It's one of those mixes I'm a little afraid to turn up because it's already so loud feeling, but it doesn't feel "big" loud, just loud.  Something you may want to try is running your supercompressed mix alongside a less compressed (or not at all compressed) mix to help keep all the low end and transients you lose in the compression.
Matt

Totally! I always put the VW knee up to about 25 in fat mode on the drum buss without even thinking. On the mix buss, I usually back off the attack as a quickie parallel compression simulation. I haven't done the compressed/uncompressed mix thing in a while. I guess it's time to bring it back. This is just a phase i think -- I'll grow out of it. Mixing on monitors instead of phones will probably help, too.

iCombs wrote on Wed, 29 August 2007 18:21

it might just be too pumpy in general. I can really feel it in the guitar tracks

Right on here, too. I felt that although I could feel the guitars, I lost the clarity I got when I first started working with them. I'd like to get some crunch back. Your mix had a guitar sound I'd like to get.

iCombs

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2007, 01:57:19 AM »

Well...the guitars in my mix were nothing crazy...some shelf at like 7 or 8k for hair and sizzle...some at 4 or so for crunch...pull some at 1k to reign in the mids and add some "big" vibe to the equation...a little boost around 200 or 250 or so for the bottom end...and a pretty steep highpass a 75 or 80Hz to keep the infrasonics in check.

The compression on those is the tricky part.  Too much and they just sound weird and pumpy.  Just a little compression after the EQ does 2 things...1) adds a little extra sense of density and forwardness to the guitars...and 2) helps control some of the EQ work I just did.  The biggest part of getting guitar compression right in my eyes is using a really quick release.  I think I was using something like 20ms attack and release...and when it's that fast it helps to control some of the resonance of the chugs and any other little spiky things that come along.

I used to not be that aggressive with my EQ on guitars, figuring that I just pretty much had to get the sound at the mic.  Granted, I know that the lion's share of the work is done at that level, but I'm no longer as averse to twisting a couple knobs to get the guitars to sit where I want them to.
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------

iCombs

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2007, 02:14:22 AM »

southboundloco wrote on Wed, 29 August 2007 20:03

Quote:

southboundloco - holy mother of bright brass and guitars, batman! That stuff is WAY aggressive, but there seems to be a cut in the upper mids that makes it sound kinda like everything is seperate from everything else. The vocals are way on top of everything else, the bass is way under everything else, and the snare and the guitar sound like they are trying to avoid each other. It generally lacks cohesion. The guitars are really dominating the mix...and I'm not sure it's in a healthy way. The drum delay in the break is distracting. Also, your mix is shit hot. What was on your master buss?

hehe  Very Happy well there was no pointers on the desired outcome of the mix in the 1st place so i took it and ran with it Very Happy , thats my take on the song anyway i wanted it to sound main-stream pop rock aggressive Very Happy ,hence the wall of guitar sound. r u the drummer/bass player?...vocals... isn't that where its suppose to be?...i kinda did a bit of pseudo mastering but i was only taking out 1-2 db... Very Happy    

Well...the no desired outcome is a huge part of IMP as I'm sure j. will agree with.  The concept is to work on honing your skills as a mix engineer in a sort of risk-free laboratory environment with feedback.  You CAN do it however you want...and I'm only one guy listening to and reviewing your mix, but as you see a few more critiques of your work, you can make assessments of your success in achieving what you set out to.  When you've gained the control to have a broad cross-section of other people say "I get where you're going with this," you've learned something big.  I think we're all still working on that in our own ways...obviously some of us have way more experience than others, and lord knows I'm learning tons every time I do these IMP's.  I can only hope that I can learn to translate what I conceive in my brain into something that people can clearly percieve in their ears.
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------

briefcasemanx

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »

I like what you did with your kick too icombs, and the background vocals on the "can't wait to go". Do tell.

j.hall

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »

ATOR wrote on Wed, 29 August 2007 11:03

JHall
It?s a good starting point, now all you have to do is make everything louder Laughing

HA.  that's what every mix needs right?  just keep turning everything up!!!!!!

chrisj

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2007, 02:18:55 AM »

IMP 14- Crit Or Die!

First, some ones I'll skip 'cos of not following the rules exactly- save me the trouble of actually doing a crit.

IMP14_audio_geek: wrong bit rate, you gotta use what J says, so we all suffer alike Wink

IMP14-singsing: ditto, not the right bit rate. These were part of the rules and changing that will make the entry sound different from everyone else's.

IMP_14-JUST GO (blloyd): spaces in the filename! Seems to have downloaded OK, but it does say no spaces. I presume there can be file handling problems in some cases with spaces. This is waaaaay more of a technicality, but I'm so slammed for time I'm going to weasel out of critting the entry on that basis Smile

Now on to the crits themselves...

IMP_14_Jason_Thompson: Snarly guitars. I like how they're voiced, and the track swings. Drums have a neat thump and pop. All in all this is very likeable Smile

IMP-14_Ryst: I'm totally thinking hair metal here. Lots of hairspray on the guitars, lots of fog machines and red spotlights.

IMP14_-_iCombsMix: it's big but sort of dissipated? Nothing is remotely upfront. I can't get into this song much when it sits back. Actually no matter what the music, I want SOMETHING to be upfront and commanding attention. I'm really missing somebody jumping forward and being the star. On the bright side a neat guitar sweep jumped out a bit Smile

IMP14_briefcasemanx: OK, here's the opposite. Everything's a bit too much upfront, I want more space for the music to move, it's like it's crammed into a phonebooth. I do like how the vocals are squeezing to the front.

IMP14_ChrisJ: next time we take your EQs away! Fuck you all, I still like the obnoxious lead guitar Wink It's amazing how much it can hurt some people without being that much more loud than everything else- it does sound like it's in a tin can tho. Oops Smile so I concede, it was just wrong.

imp14_darkhorseporter: Wow, this is pretty brite. DAMN is it brite. My speakers don't tend to emphasis the bright much at the moment, so the fact that this is overwhelmingly bright is ominous. Lead guitar sounds kind of like mine Smile nice use of verbs tho Smile

IMP14_DevinK_03: Wildly out of step with modern mix sounds Wink now, that understood, this sounds kinda cool. It's hard to get used to, and I'm a big classic vinyl record fan so I should be all over this stuff. The guitars sit way back like it was Journey. Glossy cymbals. I just dunno. It's bringing out the things about the track I'm not so into.

imp14_HLabb: Ok, now THAT is the way to do the lead guitar. I stand corrected. Nothing else is really jumping out at me as something that must be listened to, though- it's like a lot of good sounds that don't add up into a killer song perhaps because it's not that much of a killer song Smile I think this one needs more than good sounds, perhaps why I threw in some AWFUL sounds in an attempt to fake excitement Smile

imp14_macbraddy: Hey, really good balance! hey, really good impact! This is the metalhead mix, no? It's a little brite but I'm still liking it, it's actually making me want to hear where the song goes. I wonder how much is about how bombastic this is, because this is really over the top. The only thing really tiring me is that half-open hihat. Also the voices are a bit too much like they're singing through cardboard boxes until the end chorus, but the thing is, it was working to make me want to hear more, for some Godforsaken reason. Probably the same stuff with me and the ugly guitar- searing midrange sounds making it sound like it's projecting more. All in all, I think this one's a winner. WELL DONE.

IMP14_mcsnare: Immediately more professional-sounding than most. It's not lighting me up like macbraddy's amazing entry, though, I think because it's more faithful to the sort of laid back energy coming off the track. It's authoritative but boring. All the sounds are apparently exactly as God intended them, but there's not enough wrong to make it compelling. It makes me like the mixer but NOT the band. That's a pretty serious fault from such an otherwise stellar entry. Ask yourself, how could this be more compelling through some element being really obnoxious? What would make the band/song sound less predictable and on rails? I'm convinced that's part of what macbraddy did- he had everything more angular and edgy, and all the voices sounded like they were screaming, at the high cost of making them sound really weird.

IMP14_Soul_Fire_Mix: Raucous! This time it's the guitars which are obnoxious. I think there are a lot of elements here which don't sound that professional, but it hints at being interesting. I guess the guitars are distracting, so crunchy and loud. Vocals feel pretty strong, bright spotlight on those guys while every guitar has THREE bright spotlights on it...

IMP14-ATOR: Big and wide- so much so that somehow I'm still waiting for the main part of the song to kick in. I'm looking for something- probably just my mid-happiness- the body of the song feels empty except for the vocals. I feel like the guitars aren't strong enough to carry this one. The drums are just killing them, it's like they're a guitar pad.

IMP14-Baddo: Another one where something is a little empty. I think I get that feeling when everything's distant and laid back but there are loud cymbals and sibilance- also I'm beginning to get tired of attacky drums, I'm starting to hate that 'tok' feel of closemiked but unbutchered drums.

imp14-maxim: OK, time to study mcsnare... this has just got too much buried stuff. The primary problem is how the  track fills up space- it mostly doesn't, stuff comes from really far back, including some pretty major dynamic hits. It sounds like an electronica mix or something ambient- it doesn't really work in the genre the music is in to have the biggest things being the piano and chorus vocals. Sorry, no worky, even if the piano part is cool- even if the straight rock approach isn't that hot either. It just really needs to be big in different places than it is.

IMP14-Osumosan: okay, how about it needs to be freaking smaller? This isn't making it, and the reason is: even though it's producing a big, exploding, brutal sound, it's the MIX which is doing the bigness and exploding. You gotta make it sound more like the musicians are doing the exploding. It's compression swings going boom, it's really distracting. I think when the 2-buss morphs and pumps THAT much it's hard to even hear the music happening. Mix is screaming 'my hed is pastede on yay'.

IMP14AdamMiller: Here we have boxy and solid, a sense of physicality. Actually it's kinda working for me... I'm not thrilled with the band but I do want to listen some more. It seems like part of that is the way the low end is kicking. Do we have an arrangement change to something that isn't as good as the original song was? It sort of went motoring on when I expected it to throw in a change. Hmmm. This song doesn't need help motoring on Wink boy, it does make me want to keep listening though. Maybe it's because of how well it's balanced in the lows and low mids? I don't even know what it is, but sump'm worked.

IMP14BOEDOCONSTRICTORMIX: Upfront and vivid as hell- loads of clarity on everything, but that isn't making me want to hear more. It makes you wonder. Maybe I'm just hating everything that has treble? Wink more like, this is a sound picture that's very arbitrary. Hats are super bright and in front of everything else, the kick drum swings a lot of bass but the guitars are a wash, the bass guitar seems to drone (probably because it is)... there's just not enough of a sense of reality here for me to latch onto it. Like, that kick drum can't exist in the same room as that snare because they just act too differently, same as the hats, the guitars aren't in the same world as the vox... I just think this is an awfully hard song to make compelling and this mix lost me through relying on raw sounds instead of the ensemble.

IMP14Fantomas: Wow, deep man Smile if you took away all the cymbals this mix would be about half a mile away. I think that's a thing that always loses me, hearing murk combined with the 'sss sss sss sss' of cymbals. No likey, sorry. What would you be forced to do if you didn't have the cymbals there to fill up high end? Wouldn't it start to seem a little deep and murky?

imp14JHall: At last we can work out on J Wink yeah, this ain't finished, and this is why: sounds are coherent and all there, but they're not gelling. Sometimes the snare feels very weak, sometimes the guitars feel stuck on- I like how central the vocals are, but there's an unconnected feeling to everything. Not all the time, sometimes it's very 'there' but what makes it feel like the faders up mix it is, is inconsistency, the way that sometimes stuff hits and sometimes it fluffs. The sound treatments are all good and solid but they don't always add up. I think sometimes we do that with overkill (macbraddy!) and sometimes we're not concerned with it at all, but here we get to hear J, who normally gets stuff to add up and gel, NOT doing it due to not being finished. That makes it an interesting study- thanks J for having the balls to put up a stage of your work we normally would never hear Smile

IMP14southboundlocoprint1: hey, compelling vocals! The song itself just feels generically big, perhaps because of the distortions of image I talked about with Boedo's, but for some reason the vocals are really clicking on this one. I wonder how much of that has to do with the radical hard panning? For some reason when the guy's yelling out of the side speaker, he feels so very immediate. I'd be interested to know the signal chain on the verse vocals in this mix. Part of it is surely how hot the vox are, because they're REALLY REALLY hot. If everything was as hot, the mix would suck, but instead it's a loud mix in which the vocals just blow everything else away...

M_Carter-IMP14: Pretty soft, what's it doing with the additional dynamics it gets? One thing is, it's nailing a really hot backbeat, I'm liking the feel of this snare. It's bugging me how nothing else is keeping up with the snare. The guitars are like pads again, the vocals are not aggressive. Also  it keeps feeling like there are arrangement changes although I can't place exactly what they are. Things like the verby chorus gang vocals being more present than the guitars tend to throw me.

So this was a bitchy crit, but I've been too stressed out, so take it all with a grain of salt and take what you need, ignore everything else. I'm sort of using what I hear to work out HOW I hear and WHY I do some of the things I try and fail to do Very Happy for that reason, some of my reactions will be 'this sucks' because it sucks for ME and how I hear. YMMV.

M Carter

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2007, 02:37:43 AM »

ChrisJ - usually I'm pretty receptive to comments and opinions... but you lost me on those.  I do think the snare's a bit hot in the mix, could be lower, same goes for the verbed vox.  But I definitely disagree with your comments about the lead vocal.  But... this is where different interpretations of the same thing come in.  

Matt Carter
General Manager
Manhattan Sound Recording
www.manhattansoundrecording.com
(212) 564 8248
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.