R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IMP14 discussion  (Read 18849 times)

j.hall

IMP14 discussion
« on: August 18, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »

it's up on the server.

this one will be different only by deadline.

normally i pull the tune down and test the rar before letting anyone at it.

i'm not doing that this time as people have requested to start NOW, and i'm happy to oblige.

the deadline is one week from  Monday.

that means mixes are do on August 27th.

sample rate is 44.1

ATOR

Re: IMP14 discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 12:31:28 PM »

These are great tracks and I'm ready to sink my teeth in this one.

I do wonder why the leadvocaltrack is combined with (sometimes out of tune) doubles. Is it possible to get the leadvocal and doubles  alone on a separate tracks?
Pieter Vincenten - ATORmastering

iCombs

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 01:00:52 PM »

If you're talking about the chorus vox, no.  That's stacks of 3 guys around an omni mic.  If you're talking about the rest of the vox, no, because we cut vocals for this track with both guys singing in the same room and there's some bleed.

You damn near gave me a heart attack!  I thought I was going to have to go in and re-consolidate some things!
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------
"Mista apareeatah... can I have maar beass at all frequencies?"

ATOR

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 04:33:31 PM »

iCombs wrote on Sat, 18 August 2007 19:00

If you're talking about the chorus vox, no.  That's stacks of 3 guys around an omni mic.  If you're talking about the rest of the vox, no, because we cut vocals for this track with both guys singing in the same room and there's some bleed.

You damn near gave me a heart attack!  I thought I was going to have to go in and re-consolidate some things!

No sweat, I thought (hoped) you might have accidentally bounced some tracks together. Separate vocals would give more room to work. But hey, no more complaining here, it all sounds great!
Pieter Vincenten - ATORmastering

Brian Lloyd

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 06:38:06 PM »

...so i dont know who this band is...but within the first 28 seconds of the track...with just all the faders at 0...i had my fist pumping in the air! this is truly going to be a pleasure to mix. it sounds like an 80's ballad band (insert band here) and a modern rock band (insert band here) had a love child...i love it! the hooks great. and that kick..WTF is that! when i first heard it i felt like someone was kicking my heart through my skull..it was GREAT. i can say im not a huge fan of the included samples...never was a fan of them. well now were off to the mix....this is by far my favorite imp yet...GO J!
Reality.exe corrupt. Reboot Universe?  (Y/N)

ShakesTheClown

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 08:51:56 PM »

Dammit... I didn't get to play with the last one because I was building a new room... and now I can't even hear this one cause I'm trying to move in.

I want to mix some fist pumping music!!

j.hall

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »

Brian Lloyd wrote on Sat, 18 August 2007 17:38

GO J!

thank iCombs, he offered up the track and i wanted something more straight ahead.  call it good timing.

J-Texas

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 11:36:54 PM »

Dudes. I'm finished. I'm stoked. This is JUST what the doctor ordered for me. What a killer track. I'm not really a fan of this type of music (my 13 year old said "Fall Out Boy"). That's kinda what I thought at first. It's not like that at all. I love it. I hate the samples man. Sorry. I did use them to add some click on the kick and some hair on the snare but that's it. I tried very hard to use only the OH. SERIOUSLY. When I couldn't do that I tried to make the other sounds compliment that. ICombs man... what a great job you did on this stuff. There were some vocal things (ie the harsh sounding gang vocal at the end) blah, blah, blah. It rocks man. Kudos.

In the wise words of J. Hall... my mix ROOOOOCCKKKS. You nerds better bring it.  Very Happy

Jason
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

Devin Knutson

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 01:58:05 AM »

I am so stoked that you posted this today, so I could actually participate in this one.  I've just been hella busy lately, and had to pass on 13, but I do have some time this weekend.  Had you waited till Monday, I probably would have had to skip this one too.

Yeah, good track!  It's not my personal bag, but I'm really quite enjoying it, although at the moment I'm having a hell of a time with the drums.  I think I'm going to have to rip down what I've done so far and start over.  My first instinct just isn't working.

SpongeBob, reel it in, quick! Can't you hear the music?
That's a 4/4 string ostinato in D-minor!
Every sailor knows it means death!
    - Mr. Eugene H. Krabbs

j.hall

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 03:34:25 PM »

Devin Knutson wrote on Sun, 19 August 2007 00:58

My first instinct just isn't working.

don't waste a single second of time on something you don't think will work.

Masks!

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 07:55:02 PM »

am I losing my mind? can someone please direct me to where I download the IMP files? I think I'm on the right page but all I see are files that peeps have uploaded of their mixes...I must be in the wrong place...thanks

Masks!

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »

never mind I'm a jerk...I see 'em.

Greetings everyone BTW...what a great idea!!!

Iain Graham

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 10:18:30 PM »

Bollocks. My speakers/mBox/etc still aren't here and the next one's come around.

At least I know they're in Vancouver know and not at the bottom of some ocean somewehere......

Next time I move 1/4 way round the World, I'm taking all my studio stuff with me.

This one sounds even more fun as well......
Iain Graham

www . iain - graham . com

http://www.myspace.com/iain_graham

www . soundart . com

osumosan

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 12:11:48 AM »

Thanks for posting these over the weekend.

Making some nice progress!

Greg Dixon

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 03:42:27 AM »

It doesn't look like I can do this one. I'm booked solid trying to finish two albums for one client. The first day I can do it is next Tuesday.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.