R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The New ADK A-6 Condenser Microphone  (Read 86038 times)

Cable Guy

The New ADK A-6 Condenser Microphone
« on: August 17, 2007, 05:39:37 PM »

ADK A6 has really set the bar for condenser microphones under the $500 price point.

Being big believers in getting the sound correct before it hits the hard drive is why we chose to try out the new A6. It was absolutely “neutral” in tone and texture. We used the A6 on acoustic guitars, djembes, vocals and various other instruments in our studio and this is the first mic that was well suited for every task. It was absolutely astonishing how well it captured all the little nuances with great detail, clarity and without adding any artifacts to the sound source.

We also found that the A6 had a very low noise floor. When recording, the A6 was transparent when tracking vocals and softer acoustic sounds. This made recording and tracking these instruments a pleasure. It was so nice to finally set up one mic and be able to record with the confidence that “what you hear is what you get!” At Accusound Cable we strive for that same pin point accuracy and take the same approach in designing and manufacturing our products for the working professional.

If you’re only able to purchase one condenser microphone to handle many different recording applications, we recommend that you try an ADK A6. The company and it founders are passionate about sound and it shows

Etch-A-Sketch

Re: The New ADK A-6 Condenser Microphone
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 07:29:53 PM »

Cable Guy wrote on Fri, 17 August 2007 14:39

ADK A6 has really set the bar for condenser microphones under the $500 price point.

Being big believers in getting the sound correct before it hits the hard drive is why we chose to try out the new A6. It was absolutely ?neutral? in tone and texture. We used the A6 on acoustic guitars, djembes, vocals and various other instruments in our studio and this is the first mic that was well suited for every task. It was absolutely astonishing how well it captured all the little nuances with great detail, clarity and without adding any artifacts to the sound source.

We also found that the A6 had a very low noise floor. When recording, the A6 was transparent when tracking vocals and softer acoustic sounds. This made recording and tracking these instruments a pleasure. It was so nice to finally set up one mic and be able to record with the confidence that ?what you hear is what you get!? At Accusound Cable we strive for that same pin point accuracy and take the same approach in designing and manufacturing our products for the working professional.

If you?re only able to purchase one condenser microphone to handle many different recording applications, we recommend that you try an ADK A6. The company and it founders are passionate about sound and it shows

Thanks for the tip.  Wanna send me a couple for free so I can see for myself? Wink

Derek Jones
Audio Engineer

"I always say I can teach anyone HOW to get a great snare sound, I just can't teach WHAT a great snare sound is.” -Dave Pensado

Cable Guy

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 08:05:40 PM »

Etch-A-Sketch,

I'd like to send you a couple of mics, but the A6's we purchased, we're keeping! Very Happy
I think Pro Audio Toys sells the A-6 for around $249.00. It's well worth trying one out.

ShakesTheClown

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 09:02:16 PM »

Kinda reads like an generic "pro audio review" rather a stoked audio geek letting everyone in on a new secret.

Could almost be any product.

But that's just me, and I'm nobody.

CHANCE

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »

It could very well be an excellent mic. It's made by 797 audio which is one of only three QUALITY manufacturers in China.
Chance Pataki
The Musicians Workshop
musicians.workshop@gte.net
http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com

A person is a biological signal processor--EQ mag

compasspnt

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 12:31:05 PM »

Sounds like an advertisement to me.

Hope not.

I shall remain skeptical until proved wrong, however.

rollmottle

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 06:34:10 PM »

coincidentally, an ADK banner ad is now in the rotation at the top.
SENTRALL Sound East
My SoundCloud | Twitter | www.sentrall.com

Hank Alrich

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 09:25:18 PM »

The style in which you have written is in keeping with someone from a marketing department, and not from a serious recordist genuinely enthused by a product. But if you're for real and serious, I suggest that unless you've run that mic against the MCA SP-1, which costs forty bucks, you may have spent more than necessary for an inexpensive but decent condenser mic.

vegas4ever

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 09:26:32 AM »

Hank Alrich wrote on Sun, 19 August 2007 20:25

The style in which you have written is in keeping with someone from a marketing department, and not from a serious recordist genuinely enthused by a product. But if you're for real and serious, I suggest that unless you've run that mic against the MCA SP-1, which costs forty bucks, you may have spent more than necessary for an inexpensive but decent condenser mic.

The real sleeper under $500 its the Karma K58 or the K35 period!

PS: hand made under $500 means: little kid in China getting $0.1 cents hour.
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
David Brent

hargerst

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 01:16:07 PM »

Cable Guy has only made two posts and he sounds like he's trying to write in the style of a typical reviewer, which sets all our teeth on edge.  Without knowing what other mics he's familiar with, it's very hard to trust sweeping recommendations like this.

His comment about Larry and J.P. at ADK being passionate about sound is very true, but sweeping generalizations about the A6 (without any direct comparisons) makes it difficult to validate the conclusions he reached.  Let's compare it to the Joe Meeks JM 47, or the MXL 960, or the Studio Projects T3, or some of the other tube mics in that price range.  

That would help - a lot !!
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

ShakesTheClown

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 02:13:19 PM »

I don't trust anyone who wants to sell me a 20' mic cable for $112.

vegas4ever

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 02:21:30 PM »

ShakesTheClown wrote on Mon, 20 August 2007 13:13

Check this one out:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CRGRSP

yeah, Im buying 3 pairs HAHHAHAH LOLOLOL
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
David Brent

sdelsolray

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 12:18:19 AM »

I'm not a reviewer, and I don't have a stake in ADK, but I had an ADK A6 mic here for a couple of weeks to evaluate.  I only record solo acoustic guitar.  It's a nice, neutral mic, similar in character to the Hamburg or Vienna, but it has a flatter response and is slightly smoother.  It is likely capable of many different uses, in a similar way to a AKG 414.  It's cardioid only.  Decent build.

hargerst

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 12:47:31 AM »

sdelsolray wrote on Mon, 20 August 2007 23:18

I'm not a reviewer, and I don't have a stake in ADK, but I had an ADK A6 mic here for a couple of weeks to evaluate.  I only record solo acoustic guitar.  It's a nice, neutral mic, similar in character to the Hamburg or Vienna, but it has a flatter response and is slightly smoother.  It is likely capable of many different uses, in a similar way to a AKG 414.  It's cardioid only.  Decent build.

Cool, that's the kind of review I like to read.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

CHANCE

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 09:17:44 AM »

vegas4ever wrote on Mon, 20 August 2007 11:21

ShakesTheClown wrote on Mon, 20 August 2007 13:13

Check this one out:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CRGRSP

yeah, Im buying 3 pairs HAHHAHAH LOLOLOL

I have those same cables shown. Cardas used to be close to me in Upland and they gave me several different samples to try out. When I went to return them, I discovered that they moved out of state. I really couldn't justify spending that kind of $ for little or no improvement in sound quality
Chance Pataki
The Musicians Workshop
musicians.workshop@gte.net
http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com

A person is a biological signal processor--EQ mag
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.