R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very excited about this release...  (Read 2701 times)

Conner

Very excited about this release...
« on: March 31, 2005, 11:33:02 AM »

My buddy has finally gotten off of his ass and recorded solo material for release. If you are interested in hearing some of the best songwriting in the nation please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be posting ordering info when he lets me know how.

For those that are interested the artists name is John Ralston. John is the lead singer of a band called Legends of Rodeo, formerly Recess Theory. He also penned a song on an album I produced last year by eL.

The album is called Needle Bed. Recorded in Knoxville by Michael Seaman,
Overdubs recorded in Chicago by Jay Bennett. Soon to follow EP done completely in Chicago with Jay, both records mixed by Charles Dye at the Gate in Miami.
I have heard some of this stuff and it's awesome. I have no problems plugging John as the best songwriter I know.

Sorry I'm just really excited for these to finally come out.
-Conner

j.hall

Re: Very excited about this release...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 08:28:04 AM »

post some mp3 samples or hit us with a link to his website where we can hear stuff.

Conner

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 09:01:25 AM »

For now you can find his solo stuff at http://www.myspace.com/johnralston

His band's site is at http://www.myspace.com/legendsofrodeo

One song written by him at http://www.myspace.com/el
This one is called Give Me A Feeling.

Hope you enjoy.

endertheprophet

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 02:53:33 PM »

Too bad I can't listen right now, I remember hearing from Chris about LOTR like 3 years ago, personally the song I listened to I thought was ok, but the lyrics were awesome, something about 'boys that play with japanese toys' if I'm thinking about the right guy.

Will check this out when I get home

Conner

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:15:24 AM »

Yes, you got it...same guy...much more incredible material. Chris C? Do you know him? Got to hang with him not too long ago, had a blast catching up.

Ralstons Dashboard

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 12:18:35 AM »

Conner:

I defitely want that ordering info.  I sent you a PM.  I have never used this site and dont really know what I am doing.  But I am really interested in John's new CD.  Please contact me.

Jay

Conner

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 06:28:24 AM »

Check your pm's.

TunaSafeDolphin

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 04:13:55 AM »

TOP NOTCH...

Keep close.
Christian - Professional Mixer/Producer/Engineer
http://www.mixmymusic.net

Ralstons Dashboard

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 03:26:55 PM »

YES!!!  I got John Ralston's new CD!!!  I love it, but I will say that is not as I expected.  There really is no type of music classification.  Some of it, you can tell is very Dashboard Confessional inspired and some of it is very off the wall.  I think his music probably will come off very well live.  I will say that I got my CD in one business day.  I ordered it on Friday and it came today.  I paid for the standard delivery too.  It shipped from Portland, OR to Mechanicsburg, PA.  It had a way to travel.  Very cool and very well worth the $15 or so it cost for the CD.  Big ups to Conner for providing the ordering info.  And I wholeheartedly suggest everyone to order this CD.  Its new and its different.  It beats the shit they play on the radio and lyrics are awesome.  Congrats to John Ralston for an awesome debut CD!!

recorderman

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 03:45:41 PM »

Shocked

Conner

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 07:44:52 AM »

Anyone who knows me, knows better. Just trying to educate some people in how an independent artist can sound great. Any problems with that? If not, then enjoy. I promote anything I like. Had it been the new 3 Doors Down then it wouldn't be spam, right?

LOL.

-Conner

Conner

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 09:14:00 AM »

Update on the John Ralston record "Needle Bed": John sold over 1,000 cd's on a 6 date tour of the NE. He is coming home to finish work on the record recorded by Jay Bennett.

Probably only going to get better for him as it looks as if though he will be touring with Dashboard Confessional for a lot more shows the rest of the touring season for DC.

In related news...looks like Daniel Lanois will be producing the next DC record! That should be interesting.

-Conner
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.