R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ribbon mic in Randall IsoCab  (Read 3983 times)

Knastratt

Ribbon mic in Randall IsoCab
« on: April 25, 2004, 11:49:46 AM »

Hi guys.

Nice place. Good going better perhaps? Well I have a question on ribbon microphones in isolation cabinets. Right now I'm going guitar->THD UniValve->Randall IsoCab->SM57->Mic Pre. The IsoCab is a closed box with the mic inside. It let's me crank up the UniValve amp play full volume in the middle of the night. Which is what i need for neighbor relations.

I like the sound but I would like to try the AEA ribbon instead. Anyone has an experience with this? (Ribbon mic in closed box) Plan is to get a TG-2 too for the guitar sound and use my AMEK CIB as the no1 vocal pre.

Greetings.
Pär Hällquist - Trackstop Recording.
One stop track shop.

lclyman

Re: Ribbon mic in Randall IsoCab
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 03:18:43 PM »

I've got the same iso box and I don't think you can really get that AEA R84 inside it due to the attached cable and harness that comes with it.

I have managed to get a Royer R121 inside and it sure sounded good.

I've also managed to get an R121 and a Sennheiser E-609 inside  with some creative arrangement of mic cables and mic positioning.

So I'm going: Guitar->Fender Blackface Band Master head->Randall IsoCab->R121 and E-609->Great River MP-2NV....!

That really sounded great..!
Larry Clyman
Music Producer
Upstate New York

Knastratt

Re: Ribbon mic in Randall IsoCab
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 04:02:18 PM »

lclyman wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 21:18

I've got the same iso box and I don't think you can really get that AEA R84 inside it due to the attached cable and harness that comes with it.

I have managed to get a Royer R121 inside and it sure sounded good.

I've also managed to get an R121 and a Sennheiser E-609 inside  with some creative arrangement of mic cables and mic positioning.

So I'm going: Guitar->Fender Blackface Band Master head->Randall IsoCab->R121 and E-609->Great River MP-2NV....!

That really sounded great..!

Yeah, I'm not sure it would fit either. I'll certainly try the Royer instead. Do you tilt the IsoBox to avoid the ribbons getting saggy? Oh. maybe I'm the only lazy guy that keep things hooked up all the time for easy access. Shocked
Pär Hällquist - Trackstop Recording.
One stop track shop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.