R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: you think OUR Attorney General is a creep?  (Read 1363 times)

J.J. Blair

studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Barry Hufker

Re: you think OUR Attorney General is a creep?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:41:23 PM »

If he moves to the U.S. he's got a good jump on becoming part of the Bush administration.  Or at least a Republican member of Congress...

And.. *our* Attorney General is in trouble once again for lying.  Senator Leahy is investigating.

danickstr

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:44:19 PM »

Gonzales is a protected tool in the shed.

The shed in question does not actually exist in the US constitution, however, so I am really confused by the lack of balls to blow this shed down.  I guess it has to do with the fear of the judicial arm reffing in favor of Bush.

But what kind of hog-tied crap is this?
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

rphilbeck

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:59:09 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Tue, 10 July 2007 21:41

If he moves to the U.S. he's got a good jump on becoming part of the Bush administration.  Or at least a Republican member of Congress...

And an even better chance of the left getting him off the hook...three or four times.

Tim Halligan

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:37:59 PM »

Yeah...

The Solomon Islands seem to be the new face of banana-republic style corruption and incompetance.

I'm sure this guy won't be the only crook appointed to high office in that nation...or any other nation for that matter...

Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Tim
"Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity." - J. Whynot

"You can tune a room only with a bulldozer." - Andy Peters

Barry Hufker

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »

How would he get off the hook three or four times from the left?  That's a Republican specialty.  Ask Scooter, Ask Gonzales, Ask Ted Haggard (although not a politician, a staunch [hypocritical] Republican.  Ask Newt -- "oh Lord, I have sinned!  I now need forgiveness to restore my political career as I run for President."

Ask Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (whom the Republican party would not censure) -  unlike the 1983 affair with Gerry Studds (Dem).  He was the first openly gay national politician in the U.S. In 1983, he admitted to having had an affair with a 17-year-old page in 1973 and was censured by the House of Representatives.  The Democratic leadership stripped Studds of his chairmanship of the House Merchant Marine Subcommittee.

No, the immoral Republican party specializes these days in that kind of "get out of jail free" bullshit.  Cheney and Bush supposedly not part of the Executive Branch?  How do they get away with that crap?

Republicans weren't always so misguided.  But with Ronald Reagan -- No, make that Nixon -- and increasingly after (except for Gerald Ford), the Republican party lost its way.

wwittman

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 05:46:54 PM »

Republicans also brought you the great depression.

when HADN'T they "lost their way", the Civil War?

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

Barry Hufker

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 07:04:09 PM »

Whether their philosophy or ideas might be wrong, or at least not of my liking, there was a time when the discussions between Dems and Republicans were about *ideas* and the philosophy of government.

An example is John Danforth's book, Faith and Politics.  Danforth was a politician when the debates were about ideas and concensus.

"In his book, John (Jack) Danforth,the three-term former Republican senator from Missouri and ordained Episcopal priest calls for moderation and tolerance in religious and political life, and a return to the separation of church and state.

Decrying the narrow interpretations of religious orthodoxy, he supports an inclusive philosophy that embraces conflicting opinions and beliefs."

Andy Peters

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 12:54:57 AM »

danickstr wrote on Tue, 10 July 2007 18:44

Gonzales is a protected tool in the shed.

I'm convinced that Gonzo's got some reeeeeeal gooooood info regarding his ol' pal Dubya's days as a drunken AWOL cokehead.

That's the only explanation.

-a
"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.