R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael Moore is ripping Wolf Blitzer a new hole on CNN right now  (Read 11595 times)

J.J. Blair

It's amazing.  Tune in if you can.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

mjgreeneaudio

Re: Michael Moore is ripping Wolf Blitzer a new hole on CNN right now
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 06:50:44 PM »

I can't get near a TV.  Please give us the details....

CCC

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 17:52

On the other hand, if you want to see someone ripping Michael Moore, as he so richly deserves, see if you can rent the film discussed in this article:

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/dissent.html

Michael Moore may love Canada, but Canada doesn't love him.....

Lee Tyler

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »

LOL! As I write, it continues!  Shocked
Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"

John Ivan

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 09:23:14 PM »

JS wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 19:14

On the other hand, if you want to see someone ripping Michael Moore, as he so richly deserves, see if you can rent the film discussed in this article:

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/dissent.html

Michael Moore may love Canada, but Canada doesn't love him.....

Thankfully, however, I've personally learned my lesson when it comes to this kind shit. I don't care how the right wing pigs are defeated in this world. Crime, hate, lies, personal attacks, invasion of privacy, it's all fine with me as long as in the end, the current "thinking" is dead.

I view many of these folks as a real enemy. As I consider all the lives being lost for no good reason, it occurs to me that ALL is fair game. I believe the Democratic party is much to wimpy. It should be a brutal ugly political war now.

So if this Moore cat is partly full of shit but he turns a few people away from these ass wipes on the right, FINE.

I see it as WAR. actual WAR. sooner the better.

Ivan..........................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

garret

tomorrow is already here - http://www.worksongs.net/

bblackwood

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 09:59:29 PM »

garret wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 20:34

The video is here...
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/56446/

Wow, awesome video - thanks!
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

rphilbeck

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 10:39:21 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 21:23]

Quote:

I don't care how the right wing pigs are defeated in this world. Crime, hate, lies, personal attacks, invasion of privacy, it's all fine with me as long as in the end, the current "thinking" is dead.

That is because you are an ignorant individual and extremely low on character. Maybe you should run for office.  You're just the kind of democrat the republicans are looking for.

Oldfart

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 10:41:24 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 21:59

garret wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 20:34

The video is here...
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/56446/

Wow, awesome video - thanks!

It made my day !

Oldfart
Denis Paquette

PRobb

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 10:59:49 PM »

RPhilbeck wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 22:39

Quote:

I don't care how the right wing pigs are defeated in this world. Crime, hate, lies, personal attacks, invasion of privacy, it's all fine with me as long as in the end, the current "thinking" is dead.

That is because you are an ignorant individual and extremely low on character. Maybe you should run for office.  You're just the kind of democrat the republicans are looking for.

Or perhaps it's because he loves his country for the ideals it should be held to. I'm right there with ya John. We need to take our country back.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

rphilbeck

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »

PRobb wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 22:59

Quote:

Or perhaps it's because he loves his country for the ideals it should be held to. I'm right there with ya John. We need to take our country back.

Crime, hate, lies, personal attacks and invasion of privacy?  That's the ideal?

PRobb

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 12:13:07 AM »

RPhilbeck wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 23:23

PRobb wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 22:59

Quote:

Crime, hate, lies, personal attacks and invasion of privacy?  That's the ideal?

No, I would assume Mr. Ivan is not a fan of the Bush administration.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

mjgreeneaudio

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 01:13:05 AM »

Good god!!! That was just amazing.  I can't believe that Wolf was so shallow and weak in the way he defended himself and Sonjay Gupta.  Give me a break.  A talking head goes into a battle field to cover a story and to promote himself and that suddenly legitimizes everything he does?  This guy is pulling in WAY more money than he ever would if he was the premier doctor and surgeon in the world.  You think he is doing it for the love of health care?  

I would doubt it.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 01:20:36 AM »

I'm with the previous Gentlemen.  While I don't advocate violence, this country is truly in a war between right and wrong.  A war between improving the country or living in fear.  A war where hope and ethics are locked in a struggle with loathing and moral decay. As was recently noted elsewhere, in the presidential candidate debates, Dems debated each other on the best way to implement national healthcare while Republicans debated who could out torture the other.

Republicans in government have lost their way.  They are merciless and relentless in their personal attacks (against any any and all critics), law-breaking (Scooter Libby, Gonzales, Abramoff), treason (Cheney and his outing of Valerie Plame) fearmongering (Al-Quiada, Saddam Hussein, the terrorists will follow us home, etc.) and general disgust for everything that has to do with fairness, equality, the health and well-being of others (Cheney).  Examples: the rape of education, healthcare, the poor, inadequate armor for our troops, inadequate rest for our troops, disgraceful medical care for our wounded troops, cutback in health benefits for our troops, lower military standards for recruits (which now includes kids who haven't finished high school, criminals and the generally poorly trained soldier), a Presidential opposition to pay raises for our troops,... should I go on?  I can.

RPhilbeck, I don't want to make this personal so I am trying not to.  On the other hand, I am always amazed at Republican supporters who are not in the army serving in Iraq.  This is your war baby!  There's no better way for you to keep America free than fighting there.  You'll be keeping the enemy away from us.  With every terrorist you kill we'll be just that much closer to an enduring peace and democracy in the Middle East.  How can you pass this up and still uphold your values?

You know, no matter what excuse you give it is still just a mousy way of not standing true to your own convictions.  Sorry to be blunt.  But I don't see it any other way.

No amount of Republican self-justification can condone such behavior as we have seen in government these past six years.  As it is often said, "the facts tend to have a liberal bias".  It is hard to have pity on this country's enemies, isn't it?  Seems to me there are a lot of Republicans who should find themselves being waterboarded right now.  You might say "but isn't that torture?"  The President, Vice-President and Republican members of Congress don't seem to think so.  And I always agree with them.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 01:25:37 AM »

Oddly, I am fans of both Michael Moore AND Lou Dobbs.  Wolf is a schmuck.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.