R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just (tried) to make a record with Steve Albini  (Read 53643 times)

Fibes

Re: I just (tried) to make a record with Steve Albini
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2007, 11:04:25 PM »

I got the apology the first time.

Then again I could be seen as part of the cabal.

One thing i can attest to is that J. is sincere about his misinterpretation of words from long ago. Don't ask me about the why it's not there anymore...

Philosophically I respect Steve's stance although I wish the current climate (where I'm at) allowed the results to be more positive.

There are so many factors that go into the making of a record I find it hard to place the blame (for failure or success) squarely on anyone which is why I side with Steve on the "body of work" concept.

Either way, or in no way, it doesn't add up to a hill of beans because we are all individuals doing the best we can.

To get back on topic, it's good to see photos of other peoples set ups although
we all know deep down every room coupled with a certain drummer and kit yields very different results.

<places SM2 over the d(r)ums and sips a beverage>

Peas,

Fibes
-------------------------------------------------
"You can like it, or not like it."
The Studio

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist ?id=155759887
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse2

jimmyjazz

« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2007, 12:17:55 AM »

j.hall wrote on Thu, 16 August 2007 20:31

electrical wrote on Thu, 16 August 2007 18:17

No you didn't. You said some bullshit about there being "room for interpretation" or something (I'd quote it for you but I can't find it right now), instead of saying you were sorry, or even something like, "I have a chip on my shoulder about this guy and I made some shit up so I could make fun of him."

seems like a no win with you, but i'll give it a second shot:

Dear Steve Albini,

Please accept my sincerest apology for spreading misinformation about you on my forum.

I think your censorship is reprehensible, and I think you should resign your post as a moderator.  I am dead . . . fucking . . . serious.

For the record, I do hope my fledgling career can survive the imminent backlash.  Oh dear.

Hank Alrich

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2007, 12:03:31 PM »

j.hall wrote on Thu, 16 August 2007 17:07

ted maul wrote on Thu, 16 August 2007 18:22

Even if there was no malice intended I think it's dishonest to nip and tuck a debate (sweeping other contributors away in the process) because you're unhappy with how it reflects on you.

i didn't do it because of how it reflected on me.  but i doubt you'll believe that

This must be the shallow end of the PSW pool.

bblackwood

« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2007, 09:46:33 PM »

Guys, I think we've used j.hall as a punching bag long enough - I've known him longer than most here and consider him one of my best friends, and I know him well enough to know that when he edited this thread, he did so hoping the topic could continue without the distraction he caused with his failing memory (he is getting old). I know him well enough he did so not in an effort to 'cover his butt' but in an effort to increase the S/N. And yes, he's human enough to not have thought it through to realize how it might look to people looking for conspiracies.

This forum is a great asset to the indie community, and j.hall is as well. Those who have been here for any length of time will agree, so please, let's drop it.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Maggot Detector

« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2007, 03:12:44 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Sat, 18 August 2007 20:46

Guys, I think we've used j.hall as a punching bag long enough - I've known him longer than most here and consider him one of my best friends, and I know him well enough to know that when he edited this thread, he did so hoping the topic could continue without the distraction he caused with his failing memory (he is getting old). I know him well enough he did so not in an effort to 'cover his butt' but in an effort to increase the S/N. And yes, he's human enough to not have thought it through to realize how it might look to people looking for conspiracies.

I personally doubt his deletion of said posts were in the interest of having a focused discussion. The fact that you're one of his "best friends" isn't very reassuring either.

Having lurked  here off and on for a couple years and not being much of a fan of Mr Hall's work in mixing or in moderating this forum...to be honest, this has been a VERY satisfying thread(s) for me.

And I think Steve Albini is a cool and talented individual who obviously thinks this whole clown show is kinda hilarious (cue dancers and confetti)

[Ad hominem attack removed by Admin]

WallyWest

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2007, 04:23:32 PM »

Coming out of the woodwork after years of "lurking" just to have a dig at Mr Hall doesn't say much about you either.
Andy Gilson

RSettee

« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2007, 10:14:42 AM »

Look, here's the way I see it--some things were said, and J never said that he didn't think Steve was a world class engineer. He was responding more to people's interpretation of Steve's work, and there were some things that J said that maybe he shouldn't have, but haven't we all done that?

CHANCE

« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »

I was just reading thru all these posts and feel that the whole topic should be deleted. I haven't read one constructive post. The one thing that impressed me about PSW in the beginning, was good info, good guys, and very interesting. If there is a beef between two people, it should be kept between those two people and not in a gossip style format in a public forum. I for one am not interested in Steve or J. I have a passion for recording and am interested in their talents and techniques. I once heard it said that if you took a box of feathers (ie gossip) put them at someones door step, and a strong wind comes and blows those feathers all over the city, you could never retrieve all those feathers and a lot of damage can be done to these engineers integrity. The only thing I want to know is What ever happened to that piano? LOL
Chance Pataki
The Musicians Workshop
musicians.workshop@gte.net
http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com

A person is a biological signal processor--EQ mag

Fibes

« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »

Chance,

Why did you bring this back up?

It could've dropped away.

Sorry, just my POV.

Fibes
-------------------------------------------------
"You can like it, or not like it."
The Studio

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist ?id=155759887
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse2

CHANCE

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2007, 02:46:47 PM »

Fibes wrote on Tue, 21 August 2007 11:14

Chance,

Why did you bring this back up?

It could've dropped away.

Sorry, just my POV.

Why did I ?  Why did you ? LOL
Chance Pataki
The Musicians Workshop
musicians.workshop@gte.net
http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com

A person is a biological signal processor--EQ mag

jimmyjazz

« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2007, 05:58:31 PM »

STOP BRINGING IT UP.

Dammit, did I just bring it up?

bblackwood

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2007, 06:02:45 PM »

Fine, since you won't let it go, I'll do it for you.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 19 queries.